Need a second gaming computer?

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Holman

Need a second gaming computer?

Post by Holman »

I've decided to put my old computer on the block here at OO before giving eBay a chance. This would be a good secondary gaming machine or LAN partner. It would also a good choice for a spousal, parental, or offspring unit. Note that it comes with no OS (see below); you'll need to supply your own.

Here are the specs:

It's a Gateway machine that I bought in February 2003. I have kept it clean and treated it gently: no viruses, no overclocking, etc.

Pentium 4 2.40 GHz
1 GB RAM (3 years old)
Lite-On DVDRW drive (2 years old)
76.3 GB hard drive
Floppy Drive
4 USB ports
Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (3 years old)

I have wiped the HD clean with Derik's Boot And Nuke (DBAN), so the computer contains no operating system or any other software. Along with the tower itself I'll include the mouse (2 years old optical) and the keyboard (which may be a little wobbly by now).

I'm trying to amass some PayPal funds for future purchases. My asking price for this machine is $200 + shipping.

I know it's a big item, so the warranty terms are these: I know of nothing wrong with this machine aside from a few possibly wobbly keyboard keys. If you buy it, please go ahead and install your OS and get it working so I can know that you're happy with the purchase. If there's a hardware defect within the first 10 days after receipt, I'll refund your money (and you pay to ship it back to me).

How does that sound?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Good except that describes my MAIN rig :( I am so behind the times.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

It’s humbling when you realize that the computer that you spent almost $3000 to build just a few short years ago would only sell for about $400 today… :?

Good luck with the sale.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

tjg_marantz wrote:Good except that describes my MAIN rig :( I am so behind the times.
Aside from the HD, that's better than my rig. :cry:
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

yeah, that's basically my current system as well.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I thought I've give this a quick bump before I take it to eBay on Monday or Tuesday.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Lazy as I am, I still haven't gone to eBay. One last bump in case anyone is interested.