Newegg: Logitech G15 Keyboard $46.49AR (free s&h)

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

docvego

Newegg: Logitech G15 Keyboard $46.49AR (free s&h)

Post by docvego »

Nice deal from NewEgg on that sexy keyboard many of us have lusted over.

Regular Price: $71.99
Instant Rebate: -$8.00
PromoCode (EMC726IODE09) -$5.00 [Need to subscribe to Newsletter]
Free Shipping
Your Price: $58.99

After $12.50 MIR: $46.49
Newegg G15 Link
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I've got one, and it's very nice.

My only complaints are that the sucker is HUGE - it wouldn't fit on my keyboard tray - it's very long, so keep that in mind (may want to measure if you have somewhat tight quarters). Also, don't get frustrated if typing takes a bit of getting used to at first - the keys are spaced a bit wider than normal keyboards, but you'll get the hang of it.

I also wish pre-built game profiles were a little more popular and easy to find. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place, but I typically end up having to make my own.

On the plus side, the large number of macro keys is wonderful, and the software makes them easy to set up. I really don't know how I could have lived without this keyboard in Titan Quest - I had every essential mapped to one macro block, and could literally bring up just about every window or action I needed without moving my left hand.

The LCD is nice, though I don't use it a lot for any meaningful information. What I do love are the backlit keys, however. Absolutely wonderful if you like playing creepy games in a dimly lit room (I'm looking at you, Bioshock!)

I've owned this keyboard for a year or so now, and I don't think there's any way I could go back to a plain jane keyboard for gaming.
docvego

Post by docvego »

Our own SirReal has some sexy LCD software for the G15 that I'm looking forward to trying out.

http://g15forums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1925
Dan_Theman

Post by Dan_Theman »

I've seen some price drops on the G15 in several locations, although this one is the best. I wonder if it's about to be replaced, not that it really needs it.
Beer Goggles

Post by Beer Goggles »

Dan_Theman wrote:I've seen some price drops on the G15 in several locations, although this one is the best. I wonder if it's about to be replaced, not that it really needs it.
You are correct, sir! New version announced today, available in October.

I do not like the non-flip LCD or the loss of all those G macro buttons.
KiloOhm

Post by KiloOhm »

Yeah I could see this being the alternative to the giant version but I don't see it as a replacement. I wouldn't want my media keys next to the LCD like that either. Glad I have the old and clunky version. :)
Xbox360 Gamertag: Lord Polish
Steam: LordPolish
WoW (Durotan): Valstaff (Mage), Kankle (Warrior) - inactive
Eve: Meticulus - Miner Supreme! - Inactive
Crux

Post by Crux »

The 'old' one is just a smidgeon too long for my gaming needs I fear :( I really want the lcd and the backlit keys, but I don't need all those macros thanks to my nostromo speedpad. Might be this newer version is just what the doctor ordered!
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I personally like the blue backlight on the old one rather than that orange. Matches my computer better. :D I like the more compact design, but the loss of all those macro blocks is pretty rough - I don't know if I could go to that single row setup they have there.

Meh.
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

YellowKing wrote:I personally like the blue backlight on the old one rather than that orange. Matches my computer better. :D I like the more compact design, but the loss of all those macro blocks is pretty rough - I don't know if I could go to that single row setup they have there.

Meh.
IAWTP.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

The new design should sell better, due to its smaller footprint. i very nearly didn't buy mine because I didn't think it would fit my keyboard tray. But it does fit, and I'm one happy camper. I just love this thing.

If they're smart though, they will continue to produce the old version, for the hard-core folks that actually use all the macro keys.

Also, I happen to like the blue-lit keys better, and I prefer the flip-up LCD for some odd reason, even though I never flip it down....maybe because of the ability to flip it down to protect the screen if I need to.

I dunno. The new style is much sleeker and modern looking. But I'm a retro kinda guy.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Gedd
Technical Admin

Post by Gedd »

Beer Goggles wrote:You are correct, sir! New version announced today, available in October.

I do not like the non-flip LCD or the loss of all those G macro buttons.
Bleh, one of the great things about this keyboard was that you had all those macro buttons, sad to see them moving away from that.