BestBuy: 19" Westinghouse LCD WS $129

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Zekester

BestBuy: 19" Westinghouse LCD WS $129

Post by Zekester »

In their weekly ad starting today.

I have this,,...paid $179 for it a few months ago.....and it's a nice monitor.

Straight up price, no rebates.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 0290376114
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Ranulf

Post by Ranulf »

Hmm, very tempting for an interim monitor then later used for dual screen. My dell has had a grey line showing in many games, especially WoW for a year now on the dvi port, the dsub port has spots of fuzziness all over the screen.

How does it handle games Zeke?
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

I'm not picky when it comes to gaming on an LCD...before this monitor, I was getting by on a 15" LCD that had a response time of 25ms.

So to me, this monitor is perfectly fine. But I think that's doing it an injustice.....I can't see where anyone would have much to complain about with it.
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Fishbelly

Post by Fishbelly »

How does it handle games
I bought this same monitor at Best Buy maybe a month ago when it was on sale for $149. I've been quite happy with it, once I adjusted the default settings. The brightness was cranked up so high it actually gave me a headache.

I've played many games on it--Oblivion, Titan Quest, etc--and I've had no problems at all. It scales well on games that won't run in widescreen, I've not noticed any ghosting or other problems when gaming, and I think it looks pretty danged nice. I'm sure it can't hang with the expensive big boys, but overall, I consider it a bargain at $149. At $129 it's a hell of a deal.
Ranulf

Post by Ranulf »

Thanks for the input guys. I picked up two today, one on request for mom heh. They had about 4 left on the shelf.