Dark Messiah of Might and Magic Limited Edition

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Daehawk

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic Limited Edition

Post by Daehawk »

$19 @ GoGamer. Is it worth that? I thought the demo was fun but played like crap on my old vid card. But then i heard a lot of negative stuff.

Seems like a good buy. Unfortunately the other old game I want..Star Wolves..is still a freaking $40! darnit.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
EddieA

Post by EddieA »

I thought the game was tons of fun. I've read the complaints in the reviews, and don't agree with them. The graphics are beautiful, the action is fun and varied, and overall, it's a very well-constructed game. The story stinks and your supposedly sexy sidekick is absurd, but the game is really all about the combat. There is some stuttering when loading areas due to the Source engine, and I had a few lockups, but nothing too bad.
Quipp

Post by Quipp »

It would constantly crash on my old rig but it ran flawlessly on my new one. It has nice graphics and animations. The first person melee combat is system is fun, really the best I've played and offers several different styles for dispatching your foes. The game is fairly linear, not very long and the story is standard fantasy fare, but I enjoyed my time with it. If you can get it to run on your PC I would recommend giving it a try.
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Does it run about as well as HL2 does, on a similar system?
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Freezer-TPF- wrote:Does it run about as well as HL2 does, on a similar system?
I would think so; but there are some scripted parts that can get a bit chuggy. I picked it up for $20 back in the spring. I enjoyed it. You can also take the registration code and just enter it into the STEAM engine to allow you download the client directly from them (that's what I did).

For $20? I think it was worth it. Pretty short and linear, but fun.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Smoove_B wrote:
Freezer-TPF- wrote:Does it run about as well as HL2 does, on a similar system?
I would think so; but there are some scripted parts that can get a bit chuggy. I picked it up for $20 back in the spring. I enjoyed it. You can also take the registration code and just enter it into the STEAM engine to allow you download the client directly from them (that's what I did).

For $20? I think it was worth it. Pretty short and linear, but fun.
Short, linear and fun sounds pretty good right now. It is also coming up $14 at Amazon and CC, even better. Thanks.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
morlac

Post by morlac »

I'm playing through it know. It's good cheesey fun. Perfect for the current game lull.
qp

Post by qp »

I really enjoyed this, I've been picking my way through Hardcore difficulty (with the stealth tree no less), you really need to use every dirty trick as you can rarely do a stealth kill. I actually miss the gameplay a lot when I switch back to playing Oblivion...now there's a game combo that would rock.
EddieA

Post by EddieA »

Every time I play Oblivion now, I wish I could kick the enemies ;)
JonathanStrange

Post by JonathanStrange »

For $14, I'll buy in. I thought the demo looked fun but not really to my taste; what with highly flammable orcs and such. Fun, but in a silly "are they serious?" sort of way. At a lower price, however, I'll buy it and I bet I like it 'cause I won't be very demanding at all.
The opinions expressed by JonathanStrange are solely those of JonathanStrange and do not reflect the opinions of OctopusOverlords.com, the forum members of OctopusOverlords, the elusive Mr. Norrell, or JonathanStrange.

Books Read 2013