Brick & Mortars vs. The Internets (& tubes)

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Dan_Theman

Brick & Mortars vs. The Internets (& tubes)

Post by Dan_Theman »

I was just rumbling through various different wesitees trying to pick up a component as cheap-yet-quick as possible, and found prices that shocked me on CPU's over at Microcenter. Locally known as a good but overpriced PC place, their prices on retailE6850's ($279.99) and E6750's ($189.99) put Newegg, Tigerdirect, and even Zipzoomfly (to a much lesser extent) to shame.

I just figured I'd pass this along to anyone who's shopping, as Microcenter is too small to show up in most of the pricing meta-search engines. If you need a CPU now and want the best prices and don't mind paying sales tax now instead of on your returns in April, go for it.

They have B&M locations available in California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Virginia.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Hmm..never seen one in NJ. So I looked to see what you were talking about:

North Jersey- Paterson.

Online orders for me please.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Dan_Theman

Post by Dan_Theman »

Smoove_B wrote:Hmm..never seen one in NJ. So I looked to see what you were talking about:

North Jersey- Paterson.

Online orders for me please.
lol - yeah, I'm more of a Cherry Hill guy, myself. For what it's worth, you at least can place the orders online through them, as well.
Tim Frederick

Post by Tim Frederick »

I always liked Microcenter because they had the best return policy of any of the tech stores.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

My only complaint about Microcenter is that they carry a lot of off-brand stuff, sometimes in lieu of better quality parts. But I still probably shop there once a month or so.

It's also unusual to find a deal on games there. It didn't used to be the case, in fact, when they first opened, they carried games by some really small niche developers (like ISI) that I never saw retail anywhere else.
Black Lives Matter