Moderator: The Preacher

Sponge

Gogamer.com - new (cheaper!) shipping options

Post by Sponge »

Finally! Gogamer now offers lower priced shipping options:

* US only, 1-2 games for only $1.99
* US only w/insurance, 1-2 games, $2.99
* 2nd Day Fedex is still an option for $5.99

This makes a lot of sense to me. I could care less about getting games in 2 days and $6 shipping was too steep for me unless I was getting a great deal on the game itself. Now, however, I can do all my game shopping there. :)
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Excellent.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Dude!

Although the 2-day was always on time.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

:D
That's great. They always have some good deals but unfortuneatly most of the time the deal was not a deal after adding the S&H.
Koz

Post by Koz »

Great to hear.

The $5.99 option always seemed a bit steep, but damn, those games arrived at freakishly fast speeds (once ordered a game at 5pm and had it in my hands by 11am the next day). I just hope the US Mail isn't too slow and everything makes it one piece.
Exrod

Post by Exrod »

Freezer-TPF- wrote:Excellent.
Ditto. With all the awesome releases coming up this is great timing.
I shall observe the tenets of Rex Kwon Do
I shall respect Rex
I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Mithridates

Post by Mithridates »

Good news. I haven't ordered from them in awhile, but with the cheap shippng I'm more likely to give them a shot. :)
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

way cool
wankerjr

Post by wankerjr »

Awesome.
Yet another shameless plug..for something
Papageno

Post by Papageno »

Hooray! I always hated having to pay a minimum of 6 bucks for shipping. I always felt I had to buy more stuff to make it "worth it." Plus having stuff come by mail is just easier for me-- no hassle with not being at home when the FedEx guy comes etc.
Albion

Post by Albion »

Finally some decent shipping prices!!
Sponge

Post by Sponge »

Papageno wrote:Hooray! I always hated having to pay a minimum of 6 bucks for shipping. I always felt I had to buy more stuff to make it "worth it." Plus having stuff come by mail is just easier for me-- no hassle with not being at home when the FedEx guy comes etc.
That exactly how I felt which translated to fewer purchases overall. Now I can spend to my heart's content. :roll:
Eliot

Post by Eliot »

This was a long time in coming - delighted they finally did this. They have my business back.
knob

Post by knob »

GoGamer.com has always been my place to look first and foremost if I was buying a game online. So this is great news.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
RookieCAF

Post by RookieCAF »

Yea, This is cool, I always tried to make myself buy 2 or 3 games to justify the six bucks ;)
~Rookie
My BF2 Stats
dangerballs

Post by dangerballs »

Yes. These new prices are excellent. I bought Bloodline last week on preorder because of these new prices. With the old price, it would have been the same as Best Buy, but instead I saved $5. Good deal.
jonsauce

Post by jonsauce »

I like the prices, but it seems the games are taking 2 weeks or more to get to me. Well I assume that because it has been 2 weeks since I ordered and I haven't gotten my first game yet :) Hopefully it'll be here soon.
Now Playing:

WoW (PC)
LotRO (PC)
GH2 (360)
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

jonsauce wrote:I like the prices, but it seems the games are taking 2 weeks or more to get to me. Well I assume that because it has been 2 weeks since I ordered and I haven't gotten my first game yet :) Hopefully it'll be here soon.
I've never had problems getting my games quickly and on time from them. You're not talking about pre-orders are you? If not, maybe you should contact them.
Head

Post by Head »

Looks like they're back to the old shipping method. I don't see the $1.99 option anymore.
Elaine: Oh, hey, listen, by the way, have you seen a tall... lanky...
doofus, with a, with a bird-face and hair like the Bride of
Frankenstein?
Usher: Haven't seen him.
Grafvolluth

Post by Grafvolluth »

Head wrote:Looks like they're back to the old shipping method. I don't see the $1.99 option anymore.
Still there for me, its only applicable if you have 1-2 games.
Rich in KCK

Post by Rich in KCK »

Head wrote:Looks like they're back to the old shipping method. I don't see the $1.99 option anymore.
I just checked and it is still there when I went to the shopping cart screen, you did scroll down right to below where it says Have a Coupon? and Ready to Checkout? The options for shipping are under there.
Head

Post by Head »

hmmm, I should have checked when I was at 2 games in the shopping cart. :oops:
Elaine: Oh, hey, listen, by the way, have you seen a tall... lanky...
doofus, with a, with a bird-face and hair like the Bride of
Frankenstein?
Usher: Haven't seen him.
Greggy_D

Post by Greggy_D »

I've used the 1.99 option 3 times now for games I wasn't in a hurry to get. Thank God I wasn't in a hurry because they've taken an average of 12 days to show up. I HATE USPS Media Mail. :x If you want the game now, throw in the extra 4 bucks for FedEx.
"Whoaaaaaa man. You're totally covered in glass salad." .....Smooth B's stoned neighbor
disarm

Post by disarm »

Greggy_D wrote:Thank God I wasn't in a hurry because they've taken an average of 12 days to show up. I HATE USPS Media Mail. If you want the game now, throw in the extra 4 bucks for FedEx.
i've actually had pretty good luck with Media Mail so far...i guess experiences are really mixed though. more recently, i ordered Call of Duty from EBGames.com on black friday...it shipped via Media Mail on saturday and was in my mailbox on monday. i was more than a little surprised, but very pleased.
Rich in KCK

Post by Rich in KCK »

disarm wrote:
Greggy_D wrote:Thank God I wasn't in a hurry because they've taken an average of 12 days to show up. I HATE USPS Media Mail. If you want the game now, throw in the extra 4 bucks for FedEx.
i've actually had pretty good luck with Media Mail so far...i guess experiences are really mixed though. more recently, i ordered Call of Duty from EBGames.com on black friday...it shipped via Media Mail on saturday and was in my mailbox on monday. i was more than a little surprised, but very pleased.
I ordered HL2 on Thanksgiving and chose the media mail option, I still don't have it 9 days later but I was expecting that and don't mind the wait.