Star Wars tin lunch box..$5 w/sandwich cutters

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Star Wars tin lunch box..$5 w/sandwich cutters

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Sudy Nym wrote:I don't understand the sandwich cutters. What does one do with the excess sandwich bits? It looks as if one could be removing a good fifth if not a quarter of sandwich with those things.
When I make and then trim sandwiches, I eat the excess. I mean it's incentive to make a good sandwich, no? You have to eat part of it so it better not suck.

Wish those things were around when I used to get beef tongue sandwiches in my lunch box.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LawBeefaroni wrote:Wish those things were around when I used to get beef tongue sandwiches in my lunch box.
The tasty meal that tastes you back!™
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

$10 at Williams Sonoma.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

I am a lot younger than most of you so I didn't have a cool metal lunchbox but I do remember briniging my lunch in this lunchbox.
Enlarge Image
Alf in all his cat eating glory.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Geez, I have to think back over 40 years here, but I don't think I ever owned a lunchbox. Always a brown bag. I recall most other kids having lunchboxes, but noone seemed to care that I didn't have one.

I do recall the other kids gathering 'round me, begging to trade sandwiches with me, because my mom baked kick-ass sourdough buns, and placed Cloverdale Cervelat and Colby cheese in there (on butter of course). Every day, I had five (5) of those delicious sandwiches in my bag, and I usually had no trouble finishing them off myself.

On rare occasion though, I'd give one to someone, and that person would start raving about it. I developed a reputation for having THE best sandwiches in school. Nearly every day, I was approached by someone wanting to do a trade (usually baloney and mustard, braunschweiger and mustard, or some other such vile creation on stale bread--were their mothers TRYING to kill them?), and I never did.

Y'know, I never told my mother this story. She's still alive. I probably should.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Geebus Giles. Been on The Biggest Loser?? Butter and 5 at a time? I was lucky to get chips. I wish I could remember mine. As I recall it was not the one I wanted but was ok anyways. Funny I cant remember what it was. Maybe it was bad after all. Poor brain.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
drain131

Post by drain131 »

Spam
Last edited by ImLawBoy on Thu May 25, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

drain131 wrote:Please don't quote the spambots
I'll take 12.
Last edited by ImLawBoy on Thu May 25, 2017 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His/Porcupine