Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

[Kindle] Daily e-book deals of note

Who knows what values lurk at the heart of the Bargain Bin?

Moderator: The Preacher

Pyperkub

Re: [Kindle] Daily e-book deals of note

Post by Pyperkub » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 pm

YellowKing wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:45 pm
Pyperkub wrote:Has it worked for games?
Well, considering I only bought 3 Steam games during the holiday sale......kinda? :D
LOL! e-books are the same way for me - I think it's a digital media buying habit, which makes the old "but it's on sale" purchase decision even more pervasive than it was in retail stores. I'd *like* to play this game/read this book => I can buy it on sale and get the flash endorphins of having gotten a deal on something I want as well as the fantasy fulfillment that I will play this game/read this book now that I own it, without realizing the time commitment backlog filling up like a steam backlog. in retail, you'd only get it if you actually went in a store, now it's always a click away, 24/7. It's a tough habit to break, but I think I'm getting better - I only bought 2 games on sale this holiday - no man's sky and xbox one x enhanced la noire - I've already got 5 hours into no man's sky, but LA Noire was definitely a case of "it's on sale, and I *want* to play it, so I'll buy it, which breaks my rule of only buying games I'm ready to play immediately. I really hope I do play it - I actually already own it for the 360 and on PC, but wanted to play it in 4k from the couch... along with a bunch of other games...
There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:24 pm

YellowKing wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:42 pm
I finally had to break myself of the habit of buying something just because it was free or heavily discounted. Once I start a book I feel compelled to finish it, which is how I wasted hours on a WW2 romance novel I got suckered into from these First Reads. Never again.
But did those crazy kids find a way to make it work amidst the horror of war?

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:27 am

Amazon has Blood, Sweat, and Pixels: The Triumphant, Turbulent Stories Behind How Video Games Are Made by Jason Schreier (Kindle eBook) for $2.99.

https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/448525

Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:19 pm

Carpet_pissr wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:27 am
Amazon has Blood, Sweat, and Pixels: The Triumphant, Turbulent Stories Behind How Video Games Are Made by Jason Schreier (Kindle eBook) for $2.99.

https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/448525
Cool, that totally looks like something I would read! Then I followed the links...

"You purchased this item on December 14, 2017. "

I swear, it happens more often than not. I read the shit out of some kindle books and I still have no idea how many are in my backlog.

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Z-Corn wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:19 pm
"You purchased this item on December 14, 2017. "
Ha!

Moliere

Post by Moliere » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:53 pm

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow