Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

Humble Bundles

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Zenn7

Re: Humble Bundles

Post by Zenn7 »

hitbyambulance wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:58 pm
Zenn7 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:35 pm
hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:05 pm i think i read if you signed up with the discount and you pause, you lose the discount from there on out?
No idea, I'm on the classic plan with no special discount. I just pause, pay my $12 on the months I want (or forget). Though I do find that if I pause I often get offered a 2-4$ discount to not pause (so I usually save that on those rare months I do intentionally not pause).
this is what i was referring to:

anyhow, at $6.62/month (state sales tax added) for six months, i re-upped the subscription. there's usually at least one game per month that's worth at least that much.
Ah - glad you find something worth that much every month. I have relatively narrow (not JeffV level narrow, but more so than most on here I think) of games that I'm interested enough in to pay $6 for. Most months there is nothing I would pay $1. Few that I'd even be interested in for free. That is not a ding on their bundles, just a reflection of my interests in games.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

There is a Holiday in Space bundle on humble currently. Amongst other things, it has Siege of Centauri. If anyone picks this up and doesn't want that game, I'd take it (might have some games I could give in return or something if it helps).
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

FYI - cleaning out my September humble bundle keys - if you get a message from me on Steam with a key, that's what they're from (figure I might as well start by giving them to people who want them). I'll throw the rest up in the free game thread when I'm done.

Happy holidays all!
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Zenn7 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:40 am
hitbyambulance wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:58 pm
Zenn7 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:35 pm
hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:05 pm i think i read if you signed up with the discount and you pause, you lose the discount from there on out?
No idea, I'm on the classic plan with no special discount. I just pause, pay my $12 on the months I want (or forget). Though I do find that if I pause I often get offered a 2-4$ discount to not pause (so I usually save that on those rare months I do intentionally not pause).
this is what i was referring to:
[IMAGE REDACTED]

anyhow, at $6.62/month (state sales tax added) for six months, i re-upped the subscription. there's usually at least one game per month that's worth at least that much.
Ah - glad you find something worth that much every month. I have relatively narrow (not JeffV level narrow, but more so than most on here I think) of games that I'm interested enough in to pay $6 for. Most months there is nothing I would pay $1. Few that I'd even be interested in for free. That is not a ding on their bundles, just a reflection of my interests in games.
Ah, I see... those of us on Classic plans (10 games a month for $12) can't take advantage of the Premium (usually 9 for $19.99) discounts while our Classic subscriptions are active. $6 for six months is pretty sweet value, but being able to keep Classic indefinitely and pause it when desired also has a lot of potential value. I guess it's a question of whether we can expect to see deals on Premium this good twice a year. Or as was suggested, sign up for a second account if they'll let you do that.

But full price for Premium works out to like $28 a month CAD right now, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to pay that for what they've been offering most months.
“Also, Dude, ‘Sand People’ is not the preferred nomenclature; Tusken Raider, please.”
“Walter, this isn't a guy who built the moisture vaporators, here....”
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Correct. This is why I don't ditch my classic plan even though it is $132.
I have but one advocate.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Zenn7 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:09 am There is a Holiday in Space bundle on humble currently. Amongst other things, it has Siege of Centauri. If anyone picks this up and doesn't want that game, I'd take it (might have some games I could give in return or something if it helps).
Gave away some of the games I had in mind, rest are up for free in PIFF thread. As that's not much incentive, if anyone picks this up and doesn't want Siege of Centauri, I'd be willing to buy it for a couple bucks.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

January bundle:

PC Building Simulator
Ancestors The Humankind Odyssey
Pathologic 2
Warhammer Chaosbane
Total Tank Simulator
Song of Horror
Not Tonight
Vampire : The Masquerade Shadows of New York
Tales of the Neon Sea
Minoria
Deleveled
The Ambassador Fractured Timelines
Heeey! Park-Boy

Huh. I will actually get this one - first one I've wanted in months.

Pathologic 2 is an obvious one for any fans of Ice Pick Lodge, and was on my wishlist. As was Total Tank Simulator and Ancestors. If I didn't already have them I'd also be buying this for Not Tonight and PC Building Simulator. Some of the rest look intriguing too, like Song of Horror and Tales of the Neon Sea.
I no longer post here.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Just finished Song of Horror a couple of weeks ago.
Pretty good game for that genre.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

and i just re-upped my subscription, but i don't have much interest in this month's selection. going back to my original quesiton, wonder if i can pause and still keep it for $6/month?

EDIT: the answer is no

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

FYI: Humble is currently offering Bomber Crew for free.