Humble Bundles

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

GreenGoo

Re: Humble Bundles

Post by GreenGoo »

Daehawk wrote:Shadows Of Mordor is on sale for $37.49 right now among other things.

Saints Row 4 is $6.65
Saints Rove IV is part of the current humble bundle and is included if you pay 12 bucks or more. So for twelve bucks you get Blackguard, Euro Truck and Saints Row IV plus everything else in the bundle.
Butterknife

Post by Butterknife »

Here's a copy of Half-Minute Hero for whoever may read this first.

I liked the game. It felt more like a mobile game in terms of content, but it was worth some time.
Lyno

Post by Lyno »

Butterknife wrote:Here's a copy of Half-Minute Hero for whoever may read this first.

I liked the game. It felt more like a mobile game in terms of content, but it was worth some time.
Thanks Butterknife!
Klif

Post by Klif »

Butterknife wrote:Here's a copy of Half-Minute Hero for whoever may read this first.

(Are you the butterknife I know?)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Daily Deal: Metal Slug X -40% $7.99 $4.79
- 2-pack $7.79
- MS 3 $1.99
- MS 3 2-pack $3.24
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote:Daily Deal: Metal Slug X -40% $7.99 $4.79
- 2-pack $7.79
- MS 3 $1.99
- MS 3 2-pack $3.24
Bargain price for Stanton. :wink:
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

Got some things in the bundle I don't want, here are the gift codes:

Dreamcast Collection

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=7WaS4YmVStW6pSDz

NiGHTS Into Dreams

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=Y4teU5uU2CX77aas

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=PTcnrUdp6PkGXBWR

Let me know if any of them don't work, I can probably redeem them to myself and then gift them through steam.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

You can't redeem and then gift through Steam, but you can put in the person's email address for them once you click on the link. However, there's no reason they shouldn't work.
I have but one advocate.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Weekly bundle is Pinball FX2 tables. Six on the initial, three more for $6 or more.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Couple more Insurgency keys.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
KDH

Post by KDH »

:horse: Mega Holiday Dynamite (Comics) Pack Bundle, thing

$555 worth of dynamite comics

Pay what you want

DRM-free

Multi-format

and a FREE comic everyday at 11 AM (pacific)

I wasn't sure if this qualified as a KINDLE ebook post
Ain't nobody got time for that
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ok, I received a Humble Bundle gift link. The problem is, I can't tell what it is until I redeem it, it seems. Which sucks, because if I already have it (whatever it is) the gift will be wasted. The giver can't tell what it is either because the humble bundle email with the URL contains no information about what the gift is, just a URL. He says the email receipts from Humble Bundle are also devoid of information, other than order number and total purchase value.

Wtf? This is a pain for everyone involved.

Lil' help?
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

GreenGoo wrote:Ok, I received a Humble Bundle gift link. The problem is, I can't tell what it is until I redeem it, it seems. Which sucks, because if I already have it (whatever it is) the gift will be wasted. The giver can't tell what it is either because the humble bundle email with the URL contains no information about what the gift is, just a URL. He says the email receipts from Humble Bundle are also devoid of information, other than order number and total purchase value.

Lil' help?
Huh? The giver doesn't know what he bought you?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Teggy wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:Ok, I received a Humble Bundle gift link. The problem is, I can't tell what it is until I redeem it, it seems. Which sucks, because if I already have it (whatever it is) the gift will be wasted. The giver can't tell what it is either because the humble bundle email with the URL contains no information about what the gift is, just a URL. He says the email receipts from Humble Bundle are also devoid of information, other than order number and total purchase value.

Lil' help?
Huh? The giver doesn't know what he bought you?
The giver bought a pile of stuff all at once, held onto it, then bought more stuff. Now his inbox is filled with multiple emails from Humble bundle, with multiple links, none of which tell him what the links are for, and when the links are followed, they just say "congrats, someone bought you a gift, click here to redeem it" with no information beyond that.

The giver knows it's one of a list of games he bought, but he can't tell which one.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

He should be able to go to the links and see each one. When I went to the Banner Saga page, there was a "Claim this page" link that associated it with my account as well as the "Steam" redeem button. I'm pretty sure that you can hit the landing page and view the targeted game/bundle without triggering a hard association.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

That is true. You can click the link, just don't redeem it or claim it. I made the mistake of claiming one, thinking it would give me another gift link to give away. Humble unclaimed it for me but it took a week.
I have but one advocate.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote:He should be able to go to the links and see each one. When I went to the Banner Saga page, there was a "Claim this page" link that associated it with my account as well as the "Steam" redeem button. I'm pretty sure that you can hit the landing page and view the targeted game/bundle without triggering a hard association.
Yours was "special" isgrim. I had "accidentally" claimed yours as my own (but not redeemed on steam) and had to ask support to "unclaim" it. Yours was no longer a gift at that point which is why you can see what it is when you claimed it. Gift URLs take you to a page that literally says "hey, someone gave you something, click this to take it" with no indication of what it is. Frustrating.

On the positive side, support got back to me within a couple of hours. They also said that since I didn't redeem it to steam, I could reassociate the game by changing the email address attached to the game, which is what I did, isgrim.

Given that, I think Jetfred is right and I can turn the "gift" into an unredeemed "game" at which point I can "gift" them by changing the email addresses and sending the URL to the gift receiver. The Faq says something else but it seems like the UI has changed since the faq was written.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ah, okay. That's decidedly odd.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote:Ah, okay. That's decidedly odd.
See edits, but I agree, not intuitive at all.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Here is fun fact, in 2014 Humble Bundle, bought domain Humble.com for 50k
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC!

...if you like digital CCGs.

I DO LIKE DIGITAL CCGs!!

Humble CARD GAME Bundle

So far:
Mojang's Scrolls
Solforge Starter
Star Realms (been playing this on Android for a while... nice little deck builder--got the physical version for Christmas)
Talisman: Digital Edition and Prologue + Two Character Packs
???

Pay more than the average:
Magic 2015 Duels of the Planeswalkers Special Edition + Garruk's Revenge
Dominion Online - Seaside Expansion
Solforge - Two Starters + bonus gold
???

$12 or more:
Dominion Online - Intrigue + Prosperity Expansions
Scrolls - Humble Bundle Deluxe Pack
Card Hunter - Basic Edition - Premium

Free:
Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space (print and play, not digital)
Card City Nights (print and play and DRM-free digital--pay $1 or more for bundle and get Steam key)

$35 or more:
Star Realms - physical edition w/ custom card design
Some T-shirt

100% AWESOME!!!

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

There's also the mobile bundle which is worth a look - it comes with Sorcery 2 and King of the Dragon Pass
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

The card Humble Bundle is tempting; I'm even considering pledging at the $35 level to get a physical copy of Star Realms.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:The card Humble Bundle is tempting; I'm even considering pledging at the $35 level to get a physical copy of Star Realms.

You can buy Star Realms brand new for $9.99
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The Star Wars Humble Bundle

Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight™: Jedi Academy
Star Wars™: Dark Forces

Pay more than the average:

Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II
Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords
Star Wars™ Republic Commando
More games coming soon it says.

Pay $12 or more and unlock:

Star Wars™ Empire At War: Gold Pack
Star Wars™ The Force Unleashed™: Ultimate Sith Edition
Star Wars™: The Force Unleashed™ II
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ill just stick THIS in here

Its a Indiegala sale. Its liek Humble Bundle. I get soem good stuff there thnaks to me secret Santa who gifted me a game there. Had not seen the site before.

Anyways some stuff in the sale. I am excited that Dying Light is 20% off so its about $48 instead of $60
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

https://www.humblebundle.com/

If you didn't have any of the games in the new Square Enix bundle, the $15 tier is a ridiculously good deal. Newest Hitman, Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Thief, Sleeping Dogs, Murdered, Supreme Commander and more coming.
I have but one advocate.
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

I had Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs already, but getting Thief 2014, Murdered Soul Suspect and Deus Ex Director's Cut for a tenner is still really good value. Just one question, do I have to install their app to get the Android Hitman game? I got Steam keys for all the others, but the Hitman game isn't even listed and I can't seem to find any download instructions for it.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

It should be listed under your bundles but you'll need to engage the Android filter. It defaults to Windows, I think. It's pretty much a big APK file.

Their app makes it easy to download Android apps as well as music and eBooks on Android devices.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

Ah, I found it, there's a link to show Android files near the bottom of the page. Thanks.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

The most recent bundle is of electronified board games. Can someone take a look and tell me if they are any good? I could definitely use some automated board games, and if they include ai, so much the better, but I have no experience in this area.

I can't link right now, but one of them was CATAN (which I assume was settlers of but didn't look closely enough).

Opinions?
Klif

Post by Klif »

GreenGoo wrote:The most recent bundle is of electronified board games. Can someone take a look and tell me if they are any good? I could definitely use some automated board games, and if they include ai, so much the better, but I have no experience in this area.

I can't link right now, but one of them was CATAN (which I assume was settlers of but didn't look closely enough).

Opinions?
The Ticket to Ride is a good implementation of a fantastic game.
I haven't played that version of Catan (yes, settlers).
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Haven't played the electronic Catan, but real is a classic. Small World is great, as is Ticket to Ride.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

GreenGoo wrote:The most recent bundle is of electronified board games. Can someone take a look and tell me if they are any good? I could definitely use some automated board games, and if they include ai, so much the better, but I have no experience in this area.

Opinions?
No idea on the PC version but if it's anything like the Android version, it sucks. You don't actually get to play real CATAN vs. the AI, you play various scenarios with set victory conditions. There is a ton of DLC that might allow a regular game but it's impossible to tell what is what.

The version I have on the 360 (by Big Huge Games) is great but the Android version I have from United Soft Media is shit. Hopefully anything they put on the PC is better and more like BHG's version.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Zaxxon wrote:Haven't played the electronic Catan, but real is a classic. Small World is great, as is Ticket to Ride.
Any experience with the electronic implementations?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

GreenGoo wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:Haven't played the electronic Catan, but real is a classic. Small World is great, as is Ticket to Ride.
Of the other two? Yes. Enjoy both. The AI isn't fantastic, but it's good enough to serve.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

I LOVE Ticket to Ride. I've never played the board game. I haven't gotten very good at Small World, but it's cool.
I have but one advocate.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Zaxxon wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:
Of the other two? Yes. Enjoy both. The AI isn't fantastic, but it's good enough to serve.
Yep, that's what I meant. Thanks.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LawBeefaroni wrote:

Opinions?
No idea on the PC version but if it's anything like the Android version, it sucks. You don't actually get to play real CATAN vs. the AI, you play various scenarios with set victory conditions. There is a ton of DLC that might allow a regular game but it's impossible to tell what is what.

The version I have on the 360 (by Big Huge Games) is great but the Android version I have from United Soft Media is shit. Hopefully anything they put on the PC is better and more like BHG's version.
Yeah, the 360 Catan was amazing.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »