Humble Bundles

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

JetFred

Re: Humble Bundles

Post by JetFred »

I did this a time or two, so I'm only watching it this year. So far there haven't been $20 of games I don't already own, and I hate all the multiplayer crap. But this is not new.
I have but one advocate.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah that's part of my problem, multiplayer stuff and stuff for free to play games.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Ænima

Post by Ænima »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:13 pm
KDH wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:36 pm ... Enlarge Image
Remind me to skip this next year. 4 days left and there has yet to be anything I can be bothered to even install. Oh well, I guess I supported a charity.
Exact same boat. I figured the worst case was $30 to charity. Worse case achieved!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Almost the same. Theres about 5 I will use...so far. Im expecting a few more near the end. But charity works for me. Wife keeps asking I just say ya a few...and some to give away. :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

The humble bundle monthly this month had Dawn of War 3, The Long Dark and Quantum Break as the early unlocks.

I have zero interest in The Long Dark and Quantum Break and have seen between the 2 bundles I bought and the other bundles games listed, the locked games are rarely anything I want.

Anyone getting this month's bundle that doesn't want DOW3 that might like to work out a deal? Paypal you 4-5$ or buy something of similar value on Steam (or other legit gaming site - GOG, GreenManGaming, Amazon, Humble, etc)?

Or, alternately, I can get the bundle and someone can send me money/buy something on Steam for 6-8$ and I can give you the The Long Dak, Quantum Break and whatever else unlocks that is not of interest (chances are, that would be everything else that unlocks).

DOW3 is a game I'm moderately interested in (loved DOW1, DOW2 was good, played DOW3 on the F2P weekend a couple months back, it's OK, I'd play some more maybe, but certainly not in any great rush to acquire it and not going to put the time I did in the other two in).
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Zenn7 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:06 pm The humble bundle monthly this month had Dawn of War 3, The Long Dark and Quantum Break as the early unlocks.

I have zero interest in The Long Dark and Quantum Break and have seen between the 2 bundles I bought and the other bundles games listed, the locked games are rarely anything I want.

Anyone getting this month's bundle that doesn't want DOW3 that might like to work out a deal? Paypal you 4-5$ or buy something of similar value on Steam (or other legit gaming site - GOG, GreenManGaming, Amazon, Humble, etc)?

Or, alternately, I can get the bundle and someone can send me money/buy something on Steam for 6-8$ and I can give you the The Long Dak, Quantum Break and whatever else unlocks that is not of interest (chances are, that would be everything else that unlocks).

DOW3 is a game I'm moderately interested in (loved DOW1, DOW2 was good, played DOW3 on the F2P weekend a couple months back, it's OK, I'd play some more maybe, but certainly not in any great rush to acquire it and not going to put the time I did in the other two in).
PM sent.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Deal made, all set! Happy humble New Year! :)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Remind me to skip this next year. 4 days left and there has yet to be anything I can be bothered to even install. Oh well, I guess I supported a charity.
I was so disappointed in the Yogscast bundle that I prepaid for a year of Humble Monthly. There may be something broken in my brain.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
KDH

Post by KDH »

... Enlarge Image

:horse: ... Humble ... Staff-Picks ... Bundle ....... ((14 days))

Pay $1 or more
Tempest
LiEat
Punch Club
Bonuses: LiEat Soundtrack - Tempest Soundtrack - 10% off your first month of Humble Monthly

Pay more than the average of $5.90
Aragami
Beholder
BioShock Infinite
Bonus: Aragami Soundtrack

Pay $12 or more to also unlock!
SHENZHEN I/O
$2 Humble Wallet credit - (for Monthly subscribers)
Ain't nobody got time for that
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

I just want to thank whoever signed up using my referral link. Coop, was that you? That's the first time it's ever happened so I got $8!
I have but one advocate.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

JetFred wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:23 pm I just want to thank whoever signed up using my referral link. Coop, was that you? That's the first time it's ever happened so I got $8!
Yeah, I grabbed the first referral link I saw and you were the lucky winner.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Nice. Thank you. Someone else should post theirs now.
I have but one advocate.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Any danger of posting it on the forum? I don't remember how you shared yours JetFred.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Forum is fine. It's no kind of access to your account. It's like an Amazon affiliate link. Look in your subscription for the link.
I have but one advocate.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:13 pm I was so disappointed in the Yogscast bundle that I prepaid for a year of Humble Monthly. There may be something broken in my brain.
And the day after I buy the annual plan they offer a $20 store credit for new members who buy the annual plan. Dammit Humble!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Hey I can get that deal if I upgrade and would never have noticed. Thanks again, man!
I have but one advocate.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Here's my referral link if anyone wants to use it.
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly?refc=3157FN
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:13 pm
I was so disappointed in the Yogscast bundle that I prepaid for a year of Humble Monthly. There may be something broken in my brain.
Same. Will not get again. I have a friend who is a huge indie gamer so a lot will go to them. There are a few things I can use in there.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

I'll trade you something for Distrust if you didn't use it, Daehawk or whoever.
I have but one advocate.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

JetFred wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:37 pm I'll trade you something for Distrust if you didn't use it, Daehawk or whoever.
Sorry JF that is one Ive been wanting to get. Someone must have it though by now. Im slow to get stuff. Hope they have a copy for ya man. Its reminds me of The Thing. I think the dev even said something about it being basically that.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

No problem. That's the appeal, but if it's designed for multiplayer co-op, I'd probably never play it anyway.
I have but one advocate.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

JetFred wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:37 pm I'll trade you something for Distrust if you didn't use it, Daehawk or whoever.
i'll trade you that for something
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Sent you a PM.

Nice, the February early unlock is Civilization 6 plus 2 DLCs.
I have but one advocate.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

JetFred wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:55 pm Nice, the February early unlock is Civilization 6 plus 2 DLCs.
Seriously? Oh, that pisses in my Wheaties. I paid full price for that piece of crap, only to have a picture of it's AI show up on my milk cartons ("Have you seen me?"), and after dropping it shortly after release I am now again the proud owner for just $12.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Funny. That's how this Humble thing goes, I guess.
I have but one advocate.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Looks like I'll have keys for Hiveswap:Act I, Mr. Shifty, and Cursed Castilla up for grabs. And maybe Tomb Raider if the missus has no interest (I've already got a copy from somewhere).

Since I do hope to get a working computer again some day, I'll probably stay in for next month's bundle as well.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Wow. For those worried that the ridiculous monthly bundle deals would end, here's exhibit A against that. It was only 10% off retail during the Winter sale on STEAM.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Freyland wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:17 pm
JetFred wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:55 pm Nice, the February early unlock is Civilization 6 plus 2 DLCs.
Seriously? Oh, that pisses in my Wheaties. I paid full price for that piece of crap, only to have a picture of it's AI show up on my milk cartons ("Have you seen me?"), and after dropping it shortly after release I am now again the proud owner for just $12.
Hmmm.... Would I be better off just playing Civ V when I get a hankering and skipping this one?

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

TheMix wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:30 pm
Hmmm.... Would I be better off just playing Civ V when I get a hankering and skipping this one?
There is a recent page or two about this very question in the dedicated Civ VI thread somewhere around here. Couple of the hardcore Civ players say yes, go ahead and jump to VI, but I am still wary. Personally waiting until at least two expansions are out. Historically that's when Civ versions really shine (IV and V at least).

I can also see someone who has played Civ V to death, wanting to jump at release (or now), but I personally have a lot more hours to put in before mastering V, so I am good where I am for now. If you've never played V, I would start there (with all expansions).
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I've played Civ V quite a bit. Mostly I just play a couple of games to try and knock out achievements. But I still play on lower difficulties. I'm actually not "craving" some Civ action. Honestly, I was more in the "I guess I should get it because it's a really good deal" camp than then "I've been waiting forever to play this game" camp. And with my backlog, who knows when it'll get played (not to mention the current lack of a computer).

Heh... guess I'm talking myself out of it.

Black Lives Matter

YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Yeah, this really pisses me off considering I paid twice the amount a few days ago. Oh well, still got a deal, but it doesn't take away the sting.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

You know you can pause your account for a month, right?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Archinerd wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:13 pm Here's my referral link if anyone wants to use it.
OK, I just used your referral link - here's mine:

And there's another referral link here, not sure what the difference is. One gives you $8, the other I think just gives you 10% off.
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly?refc=BSRg8U

In any case, using your link gave me 10% off this deal, making it around $10 for Civ VI, DLC, and whatever games come out in Feb. Wow. That is a crazy good deal!!

So I can go ahead and unsubscribe now and still get the pending games in the bundle, correct? If so, that is REALLY nice of them, and completely contrary to most business models for subscriptions. Very, very cool.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:05 pm
Archinerd wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:13 pm Here's my referral link if anyone wants to use it.
OK, I just used your referral link - here's mine:

And there's another referral link here, not sure what the difference is. One gives you $8, the other I think just gives you 10% off.
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly?refc=BSRg8U

In any case, using your link gave me 10% off this deal, making it around $10 for Civ VI, DLC, and whatever games come out in Feb. Wow. That is a crazy good deal!!

So I can go ahead and unsubscribe now and still get the pending games in the bundle, correct? If so, that is REALLY nice of them, and completely contrary to most business models for subscriptions. Very, very cool.
When you try to cancel your sub, they'll offer you an option to pause it instead. It pauses it for 1 month. You can unpause/repause any time. So you can get the 10% humble store discount any time. You can leave it unpaused for any month they have something you really want. Only con I've found in nearly a year of doing this is you have to repause it every month. But they send you an email notice that your sub is now unpaused so you get notified, it's not just a surprise.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I decided to sign up this month to get the CIv 6 DLC (worth $10), then gift the game to a buddy of mine who's been wanting it. Win-win.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Archinerd wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:24 pm
You know you can pause your account for a month, right?
You are missing my point. My issue is not with Humble Monthly.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:05 pm So I can go ahead and unsubscribe now and still get the pending games in the bundle, correct? If so, that is REALLY nice of them, and completely contrary to most business models for subscriptions. Very, very cool.
If you've got the early unlocks, then you've already paid for the next bundle that isn't completely revealed. I haven't tried pausing, but there's no way they are giving you part of a bundle without paying for the whole thing.
I have but one advocate.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

JetFred wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:52 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:05 pm So I can go ahead and unsubscribe now and still get the pending games in the bundle, correct? If so, that is REALLY nice of them, and completely contrary to most business models for subscriptions. Very, very cool.
If you've got the early unlocks, then you've already paid for the next bundle that isn't completely revealed. I haven't tried pausing, but there's no way they are giving you part of a bundle without paying for the whole thing.
I've only paused after I get the month I'm getting, but I agree with JF, you paid, you're getting it. Pausing/cancelling just means you won't get the next month. Though for pausing, it will unpause 30 days later, so you'll still be back on when the next month comes up. So there's a reason to wait to pause until after the unlocks. Then, 30 days later will cover you. Plus, if you want next month, you don't have to do anything.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

If anyone got it on the Yogscast deal last month and has no use for the Tales of Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation DLC, I'd gladly help clean up your unused clutter..... I have some Steam cards I'd swap for it.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

stimpy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:13 pm If anyone got it on the Yogscast deal last month and has no use for the Tales of Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation DLC, I'd gladly help clean up your unused clutter..... I have some Steam cards I'd swap for it.
PMed gift links.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter