Humble Bundles

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

silvaril

Humble Bundles

Post by silvaril »

Heya

The Humble WB Games Bundle.
Humble Bundle wrote: Pay what you want and get the first installment of the critically-acclaimed Batman: Arkham franchise, Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition, as well as both of the intensely frightening paranormal shooters F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin and F.E.A.R. 3 and the groundbreaking action-RPG, Lord of the Rings: War in the North! Pay more than the average and you’ll also unlock Scribblenauts Unlimited and the sequel to Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition.

Play on Steam. All of these games run on Steam for Windows* (Batman: Arkham City is also available for Mac). System requirements can be found here.

*Please note that this bundle requires you to redeem on your Steam account.
Humble Bundle:
http://www.humblebundle.com/" target="_blank
Last edited by silvaril on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 22 times in total.
silvaril

Re: Humble Bundles

Post by silvaril »

Heya

bitComposer Games:
Humble Bundle wrote: This week, pay what you want for Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers, Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD, Thunder Wolves and Jagged Alliance: Classics (includes four separate classic games!). Pay $6 or more and you’ll also receive Jagged Alliance: Crossfire and Expeditions: Conquistador!

Ready to play. Your purchase will get you five games ready to play on Windows via Steam with Expeditions: Conquistador and Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers also available on Steam for Mac and Linux. Jagged Alliance: Classics is only available DRM-free for Windows. Full system requirements for the games can be found here.

Pay what you want. Pay anything you want for Jagged Alliance: Classics. Pay $1 or more to redeem Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers, Thunder Wolves and Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD on Steam. Unlock two more games on Steam by paying $6 or more.
Humble Weekly Sale:
http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly" target="_blank
Last edited by silvaril on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I'd like to get that one with Darksiders II since I have the first one and it's fun. But $7 for just 1 game I want...cant do it even though thats a great deal.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya

Humble Weekly Sale: Tripwire
Humble Bundle wrote:This week, pay $1 or more for Steam keys for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 and Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - GOTY. If you pay more than the average, you’ll also get a Steam key for Killing Floor Complete, which includes character and weapon expansion packs!

Fire it up on Steam and various platforms. This bundle’s got a little something for everyone! Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is available on Windows/Linux, Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - GOTY is available on Windows, and Killing Floor Complete is available on Windows/Mac/Linux! For your listening delight, you can also get a collection of DRM-free soundtracks in lossless (FLAC) and MP3 formats!
Added to Humble Mobile Bundle:
Humble Bundle wrote:The hip arcade game Funky Smugglers, the frenzied arcade shooter Raiden Legacy and the cinematic action-adventure platformer Another World if you pay more than the average.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Hmmm... Is Red Orchestra worth playing if you're just playing SP? I already have Killing Floor and didn't enjoy it much, as on SP it's PvE but timed like MP matches.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya

Humble Bundle is currently empty, while the Weekly is now Blendo Games:

Humble Weekly Sale: Blendo Games
Humble Bundle wrote:This week, get Flotilla, Atom Zombie Smasher, and Air Forte. If you pay more than the average, you’ll also get Thirty Flights of Loving and its soundtrack!

Fire it up, DRM-free and on Steam. This bundle’s got a little something for everyone! Flotilla is available on Windows, Atom Zombie Smasher is available on Windows/Mac/Linux, Air Forte is available on Windows/Mac/Linux, and Thirty Flights of Loving is available on Windows/Mac! And all the games are on Steam! For your listening delight, you can also get soundtracks for Thirty Flights of Loving, Atom Zombie Smasher, and Air Forte, DRM-free in lossless (FLAC) and MP3 formats!
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I'm biting. That would give me one extra copy of Atomic Zombie Smasher... anybody?

EDIT: Flotilla is a bit of fun. It's a full 3D starship turn-based combat mixed with a lot of Strange Adventures in Infinite Space. You start with 2 destroyers, and as you encounter things in different systems you'll fight battles, have to make a decision (which will affect you later), and you try to "score" the best you can. Your "life" is limited, so you're basically do the best with what you can. As stuff's random, the only thing you can optimize is combat. There's a hint of FTL in there, as they are all inspired by the same genre, but this is a very unique take on the genre.

The movement is basically a la Homeworld, where you move ships and they will turn turrets and engage automatically (though your turn-by-turn orders can specify any priority targets). It's clear that the ships are inspired by Homeworld, as you have "beam frigates" (and they can be pretty darn deadly... if you get them into range. But they also lack front armor so they are kinda delicate, so you have to put other ships ahead by bear the brunt, then get them just in range to shoot the enemy dead.

The random encounters yield random "loot" which enhance your ship, like autodoc (heal 0.5 per turn), faster reload (more shots per turn), and os on. You can only fit 2 pieces of equipment per ship though. And there are quite a few different ships. Destroyer only have one turret (but heavy frontal armor). There's a battleship in the game that has turrets PLUS 2 torpedo launchers (very long range). There's torpedo gunboats (torpedo launcher also). Destroyer just have a bit turret on the nose that shots slow missiles, so manuever is important. Ships have heavier top armor and weak under armor (and rear armor).

EDIT: Much like FTL and SAIS the random encounters may not involve combat, but what you do have consequences later. Say you choose to pick up hitchhikers on one stop. A couple star systems later you may be set upon by the military to either pay a penalty (one of your loot cargo modules) or fight your way out. Or you can choose to fight the pirates to save the white collar criminals... or rob the criminals yourself. Which also has consequences later. I chose to save the criminals and kill the pirates, and later I ran into a "battleship" that agreed to come along.

Worth a try, at least.
Last edited by Kasey Chang on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
tgb

Post by tgb »

Daehawk wrote:I'd like to get that one with Darksiders II since I have the first one and it's fun. But $7 for just 1 game I want...cant do it even though thats a great deal.
Is that what all these sales have reduced us to? $7 is too much for a game we want?

(Notice I did say "we")
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya

The Humble Double Fine Bundle.
The Humble Bundle wrote:Five crazy imaginative games from Double Fine Productions.

We're quadrupling the amount of Double Fine fun you can have with four awesome games from Double Fine Productions and a whole heap of extra stuff! Pay what you want and get the beloved and hilarious platformer Psychonauts; the matryoshka doll epic adventure Stacking; and the adorable adventure/RPG Costume Quest. If you pay over the average, you'll get the heavy metal action/adventure/RTS rocker Brütal Legend. You'll also become a slacker backer of Double Fine's Kickstarter point-and-click adventure game, Broken Age, with a purchase of $35 or more and receive the finished game and bonus content that comes with it! And if you pay $70 or more you'll receive a limited edition Double Fine T-shirt (choose from two color options) in addition to everything else! Additionally, this bundle includes tons of soundtracks that will have your ears jumping for joy!
Humble Bundle:
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Alan Wake + the two DLC chapters + the American Nightmare standalone expansion are up now.

Alan Wake for the PC is probably one of the better PC ports you are likely to find. They redid all the game textures at a much higher resolution and it looks and plays great.

The game itself took me by surprise; I never played it on the 360 and “horror” games in generally are not really my thing but it quickly became one of my favorite games of the last few years.

Humble Weekly Sale
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Yeah, for this cheap Alan Wake is a no-brainer. It didn't blow me away, but I definitely enjoyed it. I was less impressed with American Nightmare, which is brain-numbingly repetitive (I still finished it though).
PLW

Post by PLW »

I went in for Alan Wake. It's on the back burner for now, but I'll check it out.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

YellowKing wrote:Yeah, for this cheap Alan Wake is a no-brainer. It didn't blow me away, but I definitely enjoyed it. I was less impressed with American Nightmare, which is brain-numbingly repetitive (I still finished it though).
Agreed, loved AW, but gave up on the the sequel after an hour or two. It was all action and no soul.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

American Nightmare wasn’t really a sequel, more of an action oriented expansion pack. It did contain a ton of lore for the game though, so if you enjoyed that aspect of AW I would still recommend giving it a shot.

If you were two hours in you probably should have kept going since you were almost at the end. I think it took me about 3 hours to finish American Nightmare on normal.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Humble Bundle 8 is out:

Dear Esther
Capsized
Awesomenauts
Thomas Was Alone
Little Inferno.

Beat the average:
Hotline Miami
Proteus

two games i really wanted (Little Inferno and Hotline Miami)
and one that i already have, but is fantastic, so if you don't have Capsized already, GET IT
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Semi-Interested. I have Dear Esther, but exploring empty space bored me to tears. Finished little inferno with 95 stars.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

I highly recommend Thomas Was Alone. Screenshots do not do the game justice.
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya

Telltale Games on the Weekly Sale:
Humble Bundle wrote: Eight fantastic games...This week, pay what you want for Telltale’s hit games Back to the Future: The Game, Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse, Poker Night at the Inventory, Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures, Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent, Puzzle Agent 2, and Hector: Badge of Carnage. If you pay more than the average, you’ll also get The Walking Dead! This bundle also includes two soundtracks to fill your ears with sweet, sultry sounds.

Play these adventures DRM-free and on Steam. Your purchase will get you these wonderful games DRM-free and on Steam for Windows (except The Walking Dead, which is only available on Steam). Select games are also available for Mac! Full system requirements for the games can be found here. A list of supported platforms for each game can be found here.
Humble Weekly Sale:
PLW

Post by PLW »

Wow.. great deal on The Walking Dead, plus I get all the rest, too.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Just so everyone knows, Walking Dead is the only separate key. The rest are one key and I'm sure if you already have the games, you don't get gift copies. But I didn't try it with this one.
I have but one advocate.
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya

Four more games added to the current bundle for folks who have already paid, or who pay over the average from now:
Humble Bundle wrote: We just added four more games to the bundle: Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers, Intrusion 2, English Country Tune, and Oil Rush.
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya

Serious Sam:
Humble Bundle wrote: Seven seriously badass games, plus a prototype...This week, pay what you want for Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter, Serious Sam: The Random Encounter, Serious Sam Double D, Serious Sam: Kamikaze Attack!, and Serious Sam Public Test 2. If you pay more than the average, you’ll also get Serious Sam 3: BFE Deluxe Edition and Serious Sam 2!

Fire it up DRM-free or on Steam for Windows. Your purchase will get you these wonderful games DRM-free and/or on Steam for Windows. Limited games are also available on Steam for Mac and Linux and DRM-free for Android. Full system requirements for the games can be found here. A list of supported platforms for each game can be found here.

All funds to Croteam will go towards making the upcoming Serious Sam 4 the craziest and greatest Serious Sam game EVER.
Humble Weekly Sale:
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Cool, I'm in on that bundle. I meant to pick up First Encounter HD and Second Encounter HD for a buck each the other day on Amazon and forgot. I don't really care much about the other games, but I loved the originals and would love to replay them with better graphics.
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya

11 bit studios:
Humble Bundle wrote: This week, pay what you want for Anomaly Warzone Earth, Anomaly Warzone Earth: Mobile Campaign, Sleepwalker’s Journey, and Funky Smugglers. If you pay more than the average, you’ll also receive Anomaly Korea, along with sweet bonus content: an Anomaly 2 mech figurine 3D print source file and wallpaper galore!

Fire it up DRM-free on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Your purchase will get you these wonderful games DRM-free for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Most games are also available DRM-free for Android and Anomaly Warzone Earth is available on Steam. Full system requirements for the games can be found here.
Humble Weekly Sale:
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya

Humble Bundle with Android 6.
Humble Bundle wrote: Humble Bundle with Android 6 includes six marvelous games and a bonus, plus soundtracks aplenty. Pay what you want for the underwater fantasy action-adventure game Aquaria; the chromatic minimalist puzzler Fractal: Make Blooms Not War; the retro zombie survival game Organ Trail: Director’s Cut; and the nail-biting stealth strategy platformer Stealth Bastard Deluxe. You’ll also receive a bonus game: the rhythmic audio-visual game Pulse: Volume One. If you pay more than the average, you’ll also get the intense tactical combat sim Frozen Synapse and the classic mystery point-and-click adventure Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - Director’s Cut!

The games are DRM-free and work great on Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux (system and mobile device requirements here). Please note that this is the debut release for some of the Android and Linux versions of the games. Thanks for your patience while the developers fix any 1.0 bugs as quickly as they can, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you run into any issues!
Humble Bundle:
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Can someone confirm that you get Steam keys too? And are they separate or bundled?
I have but one advocate.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

JetFred wrote:Can someone confirm that you get Steam keys too? And are they separate or bundled?
Six separate steam keys.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Thanks
I have but one advocate.
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya

Rochard:
Humble Bundle wrote: This week, pay what you want for the rugged sci-fi action platformer Rochard, its DLC, Rochard: Hard Times, and a digital Rochard art book.

Suit up as John Rochard, the toughest man and miner in the galaxy. In this critically acclaimed side-scrolling sci-fi platformer, John Rochard must master the use of gravity, weight, and matter to overcome various obstacles and puzzles in his quest against an intergalactic archaeological conspiracy.

Rochard was also the premiere title to debut the Unity game engine on Linux! Unity powers a number of amazing titles and its presence on Linux can only broaden the horizons for cross-platform gaming everywhere.

Cross-platform and DRM-free. Rochard and Rochard: Hard Times are ready to rock for Windows, Mac, and Linux (system requirements here), DRM-free and optionally available on Steam.
Humble Weekly Sale:
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya

Klei Entertainment:
Humble Bundle wrote: This week, pay what you want for Shank 2, Shank, and Eets.

Fire it up DRM-free and on Steam for Windows and Mac. Your purchase will get you these wonderful games DRM-free and on Steam for Windows and Mac. Shank 2 and Shank are also available DRM-free and on Steam for Linux! Full system requirements for the games can be found here.
Humble Weekly Sale:
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya

Humble eBook Bundle 2.
Humble Bundle wrote: Six sweet literary works. Humble eBook Bundle 2 features six novel works of prose from respected authors. Name your price for Little Brother by Cory Doctorow, Boneshaker by Cherie Priest, Spin by Robert Charles Wilson, and Shards of Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold. Pay more than the average and you’ll also receive The Last Unicorn: Deluxe Edition by Peter Beagle and Just a Geek by Wil Wheaton!

Compatible with computers and mobile devices. These books are available in multiple formats including PDF, MOBI, and ePub, so they work great on your computer, eBook readers, and a wide array of mobile devices! Please note that this is the digital debut for some of these great titles, and if you’re having any viewing or usability issues, please let us know!
Humble Bundle:
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya

Two Tribes:
Humble Bundle wrote: This week, pay what you want for EDGE and Toki Tori. If you pay more than the average, you’ll also receive RUSH and a stack of extra goodies for all the games! For every Two Tribes game redeemed on Steam, you’ll also receive a 10% off Toki Tori 2+ Steam coupon in your Steam inventory when Toki Tori 2+ is released on July 11!

Fire it up DRM-free, cross-platform and on Steam. Your purchase will get you these wonderful games DRM-free and on Steam for Windows, Mac, and Linux. EDGE and Toki Tori are also available DRM-free for Android. Full system requirements for the games can be found here.
Humble Weekly Sale:
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

That's the worst deal they've posted as a weekly sale.

(edit) Well it's not so bad now that the BTA price dropped by half.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Sorry for being quick and dirty about this post, but all of the Spiderweb RPGs are in the weekly sale, and I'm giving away my Steam keys for everything but Escape From the Pit. See this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83504&p=2024000#p2024000" target="_blank
I have but one advocate.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I like the books so far. Listening to boneshaker right now. Yes, listening because I got the no drm epub, which the e-readers can use tts to narrate! Take that, Amazon!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya

Spiderweb Software:
Humble Bundle wrote: Fifteen epic RPGs plus bonus content...This week, pay what you want for the Geneforge Saga, Avadon: The Black Fortress, Avernum: The Great Trials Trilogy, Avernum: First Trilogy, plus Spiderweb Software game art and hint books. If you pay more than the average, you’ll also receive Avernum: Escape from the Pit and Nethergate: Resurrection!

Fire it up DRM-free on Windows and Mac. Your purchase will get you these amazing games DRM-free for Windows and Mac. Geneforge Saga, Avadon: The Black Fortress, Avernum: The Great Trials Trilogy, Avernum: Escape from the Pit, and Nethergate: Resurrection are available on Steam and Avadon: The Black Fortress is also available DRM-free for Linux. Full system requirements for the games can be found here. Please note: Avernum: First Trilogy will NOT run on OS X 10.7 Lion or later.
Humble Weekly Sale:
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Just bought. Great deal for a rainy day. My first humble purchase.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

An RPS commenter posted a very helpful list of the games in the Spiderweb bundle:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/07 ... nt-1305380" target="_blank
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya

The Humble Comedy Bundle.
Humble Bundle wrote: Seven comedic acts to split your sides. Pay what you want and get seven comedic acts. Name your price for The Special Special Special by Maria Bamford (provided by Chill.com), Live by Tig Notaro, My Name is Hannibal by Hannibal Buress, and Please Be Offended by Jim Norton. Pay more than the average and you’ll also receive Live at the Beacon Theater by Louis C.K. and Mr. P and Unreleased by Patrice O’Neal! Please note: this bundle contains mature content. Some stuff may be offensive.

DRM-free audio and video. All this stuff works great on your computer, tablets, and a wide array of mobile devices! Some titles are available via audio, some video, and some both! A full list of available video and audio formats can be found here.
Humble Bundle:
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya

Paradox Interactive:
Humble Bundle wrote: This week, pay what you want for Europa Universalis III Complete, War of the Roses: Kingmaker, Warlock: Master of the Arcane, Leviathan: Warships, Dungeonland, The Showdown Effect, and soundtracks for all these games! If you pay more than the average, you'll also receive Crusader Kings II and Magicka and their soundtracks! And check out this deal: if you pay $125 or more, you’ll also receive Paradox’s gigantic package, The Big Kahuna, which includes a whopping 48 total games on Steam and 20 total soundtracks!

Redeem on Steam. Your purchase will get you eight incredible games on Steam for Windows, with select games also on Steam for Mac (Crusader Kings II also available for Linux!). Full system requirements for the games can be found here.
Humble Weekly Sale: