Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Post Reply
User avatar
Blackhawk
Posts: 26273
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:48 pm
Location: Southwest Indiana
Contact:
Blackhawk’s avatar
Online

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Blackhawk » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:35 pm

I just got an email today from Bungie that Destiny is free on the PS4. I don't know if it's available for everyone or not, but it's worth a click to find out.

Link
[This space left intentionally blank.]

User avatar
Captain Caveman
Posts: 11684
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:57 am

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Captain Caveman » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:20 am

Blackhawk wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:35 pm
I just got an email today from Bungie that Destiny is free on the PS4. I don't know if it's available for everyone or not, but it's worth a click to find out.

Link
Yeah, it's one of the free PS Plus games for September. https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/29/17796 ... ember-2018
The full list of PlayStation Plus games for September 2018 is below.

Destiny 2 (PS4)
God of War 3: Remastered (PS4)
Knowledge is Power (PS Plus Bonus: PlayLink)
Here They Lie (PS Plus Bonus: PS VR required)
Another World — 20th Anniversary Edition (PS3, PS4, Vita)
QUBE: Director’s Cut (PS3, PS4)
Foul Play (PS4, Vita)
Sparkle 2 (PS4, Vita)

User avatar
Blackhawk
Posts: 26273
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:48 pm
Location: Southwest Indiana
Contact:
Blackhawk’s avatar
Online

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Blackhawk » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:12 am

Ah, ok. They threw me off by releasing it a week early (and sending out a separate email.)
[This space left intentionally blank.]

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:25 am

Image

Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:39 pm

Isgrimnur wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:25 am
Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:42 am

Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:13 am

Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:06 pm

Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:33 pm

Image

Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:09 am

Isgrimnur wrote:Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Alefroth
Posts: 4363
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:56 pm
Location: Bellingham WA

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Alefroth » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:29 pm

December's PS+ titles aren't too exciting.

PlayStation 4
Soma
Onrush

PlayStation3
Steredenn
Steinsgate

PlayStation Vita
Iconoclasts (crossbuy with Ps4)
Papers, Please

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:38 pm

Image

Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
hitbyambulance
Posts: 5950
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:51 am
Location: Map Ref 47.6°N 122.35°W
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by hitbyambulance » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:15 am

Alefroth wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:29 pm
December's PS+ titles aren't too exciting.

PlayStation 4
Soma
Onrush

PlayStation3
Steredenn
Steinsgate

PlayStation Vita
Iconoclasts (crossbuy with Ps4)
Papers, Please
Onrush is the spiritual successor to Motorstorm, so i would like to try that

User avatar
Alefroth
Posts: 4363
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:56 pm
Location: Bellingham WA

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Alefroth » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:06 am

hitbyambulance wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:15 am
Alefroth wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:29 pm
December's PS+ titles aren't too exciting.

PlayStation 4
Soma
Onrush

PlayStation3
Steredenn
Steinsgate

PlayStation Vita
Iconoclasts (crossbuy with Ps4)
Papers, Please
Onrush is the spiritual successor to Motorstorm, so i would like to try that
Yeah, that looks like a lot of fun. Looks like the old racer called Insane.

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:13 am

Isgrimnur wrote:Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:39 am

Image

Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:40 am

Isgrimnur wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:39 am
Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:03 pm

Image

Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:36 am

Isgrimnur wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:03 pm
Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:13 pm

Image

Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:31 pm

Isgrimnur wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:13 pm
Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Daehawk
Posts: 42857
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:11 am

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Daehawk » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:20 pm

Was looking back through this thread. My wife got me both my Xbox 360 and PS4 for birthdays. I think unless Im nuts the 360 was 2011 and PS4 was 2015. Thanks honey..bless you.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:29 pm

Image

Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:29 pm

Isgrimnur wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:29 pm
Image
Silver - 1k

User avatar
coopasonic
Posts: 15782
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Dallas-ish
coopasonic’s avatar
Offline

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by coopasonic » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:01 pm

I have been a member of XBLive Gold since the dawn of time and PSPlus for probably around two years. In that time I have actually played ONE game that was given free from these offerings. I should probably just cancel.

My track record is pretty close to the same for Humble monthly, but at least that one you guys benefit from on occasion.
-Coop

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:19 pm

Unless you're actively "purchasing" the Gold titles, you aren't getting them, AFAIK.
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Pyperkub
Posts: 18802
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: NC- that's Northern California
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Pyperkub » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:19 pm

coopasonic wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:01 pm
I have been a member of XBLive Gold since the dawn of time and PSPlus for probably around two years. In that time I have actually played ONE game that was given free from these offerings. I should probably just cancel.

My track record is pretty close to the same for Humble monthly, but at least that one you guys benefit from on occasion.
I've played a number and they've been pretty good. Off the top of my head, games with 5+ hours in (xbox only):

For Honor
Ryse: Son of Rome
Murdered Soul Suspect
Defense Grid (1 or 2, or both, can't remember)
Layers of Fear
Battlefield 1
The Turing Test
world of Van Helsing: Deathtrap (VH tower defense)


A bit less than 5 hours:

The Witness
Warhammer: Vermintide (1)
OUtlast
Technomancer

There are others I've added to my library without playing yet, too.
There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

User avatar
coopasonic
Posts: 15782
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Dallas-ish
coopasonic’s avatar
Offline

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by coopasonic » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:26 pm

Isgrimnur wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:19 pm
Unless you're actively "purchasing" the Gold titles, you aren't getting them, AFAIK.
I have gone through the motions to "acquire" many of them.
Pyperkub wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:19 pm
coopasonic wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:01 pm
I have been a member of XBLive Gold since the dawn of time and PSPlus for probably around two years. In that time I have actually played ONE game that was given free from these offerings. I should probably just cancel.

My track record is pretty close to the same for Humble monthly, but at least that one you guys benefit from on occasion.
I've played a number and they've been pretty good. Off the top of my head, games with 5+ hours in (xbox only):

For Honor
Ryse: Son of Rome
Murdered Soul Suspect
Defense Grid (1 or 2, or both, can't remember)
Layers of Fear
Battlefield 1
The Turing Test
world of Van Helsing: Deathtrap (VH tower defense)


A bit less than 5 hours:

The Witness
Warhammer: Vermintide (1)
OUtlast
Technomancer

There are others I've added to my library without playing yet, too.
Ryse: Son of Rome is the only one I have played.

Consoles games are only considered when I have nothing on the PC that I want to play... and then it has to be something I actively *want* to play. I don't play games because they are there.
-Coop

User avatar
Pyperkub
Posts: 18802
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: NC- that's Northern California
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Pyperkub » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:31 pm

coopasonic wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:26 pm
Isgrimnur wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:19 pm
Unless you're actively "purchasing" the Gold titles, you aren't getting them, AFAIK.
I have gone through the motions to "acquire" many of them.
Pyperkub wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:19 pm
coopasonic wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:01 pm
I have been a member of XBLive Gold since the dawn of time and PSPlus for probably around two years. In that time I have actually played ONE game that was given free from these offerings. I should probably just cancel.

My track record is pretty close to the same for Humble monthly, but at least that one you guys benefit from on occasion.
I've played a number and they've been pretty good. Off the top of my head, games with 5+ hours in (xbox only):

For Honor
Ryse: Son of Rome
Murdered Soul Suspect
Defense Grid (1 or 2, or both, can't remember)
Layers of Fear
Battlefield 1
The Turing Test
world of Van Helsing: Deathtrap (VH tower defense)


A bit less than 5 hours:

The Witness
Warhammer: Vermintide (1)
OUtlast
Technomancer

There are others I've added to my library without playing yet, too.
Ryse: Son of Rome is the only one I have played.

Consoles games are only considered when I have nothing on the PC that I want to play... and then it has to be something I actively *want* to play. I don't play games because they are there.
Eh, I like Couch gaming. Plus I have a 65" 4k HDR TV with surround sound, and only a 26" Monitor at less than 1080p.

Oh, and we haven't setup the home office after the remodel yet, so the PC is on a teeny desk without the 5.1 speakers, and I dislike headphone gaming.
There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

User avatar
coopasonic
Posts: 15782
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Dallas-ish
coopasonic’s avatar
Offline

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by coopasonic » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:38 pm

Pyperkub wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:31 pm
Eh, I like Couch gaming. Plus I have a 65" 4k HDR TV with surround sound, and only a 26" Monitor at less than 1080p.

Oh, and we haven't setup the home office after the remodel yet, so the PC is on a teeny desk without the 5.1 speakers, and I dislike headphone gaming.
My consoles are connected to a 105" screen in 1080p in a blacked out room with power recliners and 7.1 surround. My PC is connected to a 31.5" 1440p display (it was 28" 1080p until last month) with an "I forget what" gaming chair and super-cheap stereo speakers. Using the consoles means going upstairs where I am "disconnected" from the rest of the household. The only couch gaming would be on the switch, but the kids dominate that and nothing on the switch has really captured my attention for more than a few minutes.
-Coop

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Fri May 03, 2019 1:37 pm

Image

Image

I'm looking forward to the golf game.
Silver - 1k

User avatar
YellowKing
Posts: 25298
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:02 pm

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by YellowKing » Fri May 03, 2019 11:11 pm

Oh man, me too. I've really been looking for a good golf game and didn't realize there was one out there that actually got decent reviews.

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Sat May 04, 2019 1:56 am

Then you haven't been reading Bill Harris's blog.
Silver - 1k

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 59823
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: PS+ / Xbox Live! Gold free games thread

Post by Isgrimnur » Thu May 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Isgrimnur wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:37 pm
Image
:horse:
Silver - 1k

Post Reply