Free App Deals of the Day Thread

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Blackhawk

Re: Free App Deals of the Day Thread

Post by Blackhawk »

39 apps from Amazon for free.

(Linked to a site with the link - the direct link had some funky code in it that was confusing the UBB code.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Amazon has another batch of free apps today.
Black Lives Matter.
Enough

Post by Enough »

And yet another batch for Black Friday, this one includes Mobile Observatory which is one of my favorite astronomy apps!
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Amazon again has a bunch of games/apps free today. Not sure if anything on there is good, although Worms 3 is one of the free games.
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Amazon again has a bunch of games/apps free today. Not sure if anything on there is good, although Worms 3 is one of the free games.
Worms 3
Terraria
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Tetris
ElectroDroid Pro (if you're into electronics)
Cogs
Farming Simulator '14!
Anomaly Warzone HD

one of the better Amazon free promos.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

the current deals

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes is included, which comes with a high recommendation from me
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Not the App of the Day, but 80 Days is currently free on Amazon. This thread on it shows that we liked it a lot.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Sorcery 2 is also free right now. Great game and was worth the $5 I paid for it.
Black Lives Matter
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Carcassonne is the Amazon Free App of the Day again if you haven't grabbed it previously...
Enough

Post by Enough »

Amazon is doing a crap ton of free apps again here.

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Amazon again has a bunch of apps for free, including the Telltale Game of Thrones game and Sorcery 3.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Forwarded to my wife.

Christmas will probably see me adding an Android tablet to the wishlist so I can Chromecast in-browser movies to the TV and play some of the fine Android games without having to borrow her phone.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Amazon again has a bunch of apps for free, including the Telltale Game of Thrones game and Sorcery 3.
Following some links around, they're also giving away Walking Dead seasons 1 and 2 plus Wolf Among Us.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Amazon again has a bunch of apps for free, including the Telltale Game of Thrones game and Sorcery 3.
Following some links around, they're also giving away Walking Dead seasons 1 and 2 plus Wolf Among Us.
Awesome... Of course my kids Fire tablets probably don't have enough memory to load any of them. :P I finally finished Wolf a couple weeks ago and started TWD Season 2. I'll be ready for GoT next year. :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

coopasonic wrote:
Awesome... Of course my kids Fire tablets probably don't have enough memory to load any of them. :P I finally finished Wolf a couple weeks ago and started TWD Season 2. I'll be ready for GoT next year. :P
That's where I'm at - just a lowly Kindle Fire. I figure if I 'buy' them now, though, they'll be there and ready if I ever get a big boy tablet.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Season three of TWD won't be out this year, so you've got some time.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I got 2 kids edition Fires for Christmas. I see now that you can get 16GB for $20 more. I don't think that was an option back at Christmas. I hope it wasn't because I would shoot myself now if I could have gotten it then. I spend way too much time helping the kids juggle content to make room for the new hotness.

I have an older nexus 7, but it don't think I can run amazon stuff there without jumping through hoops I am not interested in jumping through.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

My son has a regular android tablet, and has no problem running Amazon stuff. Just install the Amazon app store app on it and you're good to go.

Also: Yes, he has a better tablet than I do.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I just googled that and I see the hoops aren't what I thought. There are hoops, but they appear pretty simple.

I only barely understand how to use apple mobile devices. These androids are scary.

I need to go back to programming MS Access databases in WinNT3.51 where I am comfortable.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I just have an Kindle Fire 3rd generation, but Amazon tells me that I should be able to run GoT. I guess I'll give it a try when I get home.
Black Lives Matter
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I suspect the Telltale games are just the first episode, not the entire season (since it offers in-app purchases).
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

TWD Season 1 is specifically listed as Complete + 400 Days.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Isgrimnur wrote:TWD Season 1 is specifically listed as Complete + 400 Days.
From one of the reviews:
The rest of the episodes are 5$ each and I haven't tried those yet.
:whistle:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I sit corrected.
(Episode 2-5 can be purchased via in-app)
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Interestingly, my Kindle can handle (at least according to Amazon) GoTs but can't handle The Wolf Among Us. Didn't GoTs come out after TWAU?
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Interestingly, my Kindle can handle (at least according to Amazon) GoTs but can't handle The Wolf Among Us. Didn't GoTs come out after TWAU?
yes
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Choice of Robots, one of the choose-your-own-adventure style interactive fictions by Choice of Games, is free on Amazon today.

They usually do a solid job of providing a good story along with choices that matter as well as a stats page that will so how your choices have affected things (eg, your relationship with other people, your skills, etc).
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Defiant wrote:Choice of Robots, one of the choose-your-own-adventure style interactive fictions by Choice of Games, is free on Amazon today.
Downloading...
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Amazon has some new Android App underground thingy with a ton of free games, though it's not completely clear what the catch is. It seems Amazon will be paying the developers of the games based on game usage, but I don't know if this is free for everyone, maybe free just for prime users or maybe there's a subscription model planned for down the line (like Kindle Unlimited).
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Defiant wrote:Amazon has some new Android App underground thingy with a ton of free games, though it's not completely clear what the catch is. It seems Amazon will be paying the developers of the games based on game usage, but I don't know if this is free for everyone, maybe free just for prime users or maybe there's a subscription model planned for down the line (like Kindle Unlimited).
When I got my Samsung (wi-fi only) tablet - both of them, actually - they came with the pre-installed Amazon App Store, where you could get the "free app of the day" plus occasionally more apps that were free. When I got my Samsung cell phone last November, I realized that I couldn't get the same Amazon App Store installed on it, the app just didn't exist. The regular Amazon shopping app wasn't designed very well for the small screen - so I just uninstalled it and installing the Underground app. I'm guessing this is the new generation of that same Amazon App Store, only designed to circumvent Google's ban and maybe with some extra deals tossed in.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

gilraen wrote:When I got my Samsung cell phone last November, I realized that I couldn't get the same Amazon App Store installed on it, the app just didn't exist.

Weird, you can still download it from here. Never heard of underground until I looked at Amazon today.
Enough

Post by Enough »

Also, sadly it appears the new Underground app is replacing the free app of the day promotion.