NewEggFlash: Not always cheapest, but decent deals

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Kasey Chang

NewEggFlash: Not always cheapest, but decent deals

Post by Kasey Chang »

Newegg Flash is the flash sale site of Newegg, which is trying to rival Amazon by offering other merchant's stuff too in "marketplace". The deals are a bit of hit and miss. It's at neweggflash.com

Remember to search prices for its stuff before committing, as it's NOT always the cheapest. SOMETIMES Amazon has them cheaper, but usually they're within a few percentage of each other, and no prime shipping here.

I recently ordered four items (on 4/30). Two of the items are already here (one actually arrived Saturday), one arrived today, two others are still pending.

Most items are quite proper. OxyLED is a pretty good brand for flashlights and $15.99 for a full 500 lumen zoomable flashlight kit (battery, charger, etc.) is a good price. I got a $9 USB 3 4-port hub for possible travel (I have hubs but they are all 2.0). I also ordered a dashcam (a not-so-cheap-one) to see if which one is better. For $25, I figure it's worth a try. And finally, as a bit of indulgence, I bought a Sony BT headset... big can type. the MDRXB950BT/B. I saw this in Best Buy and MSRP is about $250. Best online price is $170. Neweggflash has refurbs for $70 + tax. I nabbed one. Should be here tomorrow. Best part about this is I can use it in passive mode: with a wire if I don't want to waste power for BT. AND I have a microphone I may be able to use with it too. :D AND it fits on my big head. :D

Shipping is all over the place. As I said, the OxyLED is here already. (2 day shipping w/ Saturday delivery!) and hub is here on Monday. The headphone is about 20 miles away now at a UPS hub so it may be here tomorrow or day after. No idea where the dashcam is, it may be dropshipped from China for all I know.

Worth checking out, if you like the flashsale format. They got some weird stuff like bedding and showerheads too.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
hepcat

Re: NewEggFlash: Not always cheapest, but decent deals

Post by hepcat »

Just tucking this under here. Far Cry 4 season pass for 10.50 on NewEgg.com.
He won. Period.