[Retroism] Memorial Day Classics Sale

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Kasey Chang

[Retroism] Memorial Day Classics Sale

Post by Kasey Chang »

Retroism, through HumbleWidgets, is having a sale of their own games for 75% off or more.

B-17 The Mighty Eighth $0.99

Following are $1.74 each, normally $6.99

F-117A nighthawk
Knights of the Sky
F-19 Stealth Fighter
Gunship!
Fleet Defender
1942 Pacific Air War

http://retroism.com/deals/
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Lassr

Re: [Retroism] Memorial Day Classics Sale

Post by Lassr »

picked up Gunship! I so wished they had M1 Tank Platoon II available. I loved that game.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

Do they have gamepad support?
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Doomboy wrote:Do they have gamepad support?
Nope, you'll need Xpadder for that.

But these, if they are like the F-117 I got (also from Retroism) will run properly in Dosbox Baum which means it will have full Steam support including screenshots.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

Oh well, thanks for the reply! Suddenly reliving a bit of my youth for a couple bucks becomes messing around with external programs that cost 10 bucks. I'll just play some more of Wings! remastered and hope that someday someone does the same with Knights of the Sky...
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Xpadder is a VERY useful app that can remap much more than just games, though it was surely DESIGNED for games.

Most of these microprose games have too many buttons for gamepads any way. :) I came up with a workable one for Covert Action, but it's only usable in the "infiltration" game. And after a couple tries I went back to keyboard. It's more natural that way. :D I kinda miss those keyboard overlays. :D
disarm

Post by disarm »

Fleet Defender is a great hardcore F14 sim...only one I ever played that detailed not only every aspect of the plane (pilot and RIO), but also full carrier operations. Trying to fly a landing pattern and follow the ball to hit the three wire on a moving aircraft carrier was no easy task.