Nuuvem tons of games on sale

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Jag

Nuuvem tons of games on sale

Post by Jag »

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comm ... _off_best/

It's a Brazillian website so the prices are in BR, but the conversion is in US$ on the reddit link. I've bought tons of games from them, including AAA pre-orders for $20. One catch is you need to check to ensure the title can be activated on Steam in the US. The page will say if it can't, but not in English :D

Some of those prices are lower (some higher) than the Steam sale. It's pretty popular with the gaming deal crowd.

DISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk. I've never had a problem with it.

Edit: You can also use http://vps179849.ovh.net/#ccPlaySelect to see if it is region locked.
Last edited by Jag on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat

Re: Nuuvem tons of games on sale

Post by hepcat »

I, on the other hand, have. I bought a copy of Total War: Attila from them a while back and, while it allowed me to complete the sale, the key would not activate on Steam. It seems Steam changed their restrictions not that long ago and they're cracking down more and more on region locked codes like those sold by Nuuvem.

A VERY large YMMV on this site. So much so that I've not purchased anything from them since that incident.
He won. Period.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I bought my copy of Shadows of Mordor from there on Jag's recommendation. Had some trouble using a credit card (I couldn't understand enough to figure it out. Apparently every Brazillian has some sort of consumer id or something) but paypal went through without a hitch.

That was probably week 1 of the release, and I think Steam just for the first time had it for less than I paid for it, during the Summer Sale. I think it was 5 bucks less than I paid.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

If ten years ago someone I didn't know well had asked to borrow my CD folders with my game collection in them, I'd have said no. I wouldn't have been willing to risk my entire game library.

Now my Steam account is my entire game library. I'm very protective of it. If something goes cockeyed with my Steam account, I lose a hobby. This may very well be safe, but I can't see myself taking the chance.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Jag

Post by Jag »

hepcat wrote:I, on the other hand, have. I bought a copy of Total War: Attila from them a while back and, while it allowed me to complete the sale, the key would not activate on Steam. It seems Steam changed their restrictions not that long ago and they're cracking down more and more on region locked codes like those sold by Nuuvem.

A VERY large YMMV on this site. So much so that I've not purchased anything from them since that incident.
Yeah YMMV. I was pretty paranoid about all my purchases, so I made sure I had extra confirmation. Doesn't look like Attila is even sold on the site anymore.

I added the region checker for extra carefability.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

The three items I tried said unavailable. I checked they weren't region locked.
Frost

Post by Frost »

I've made a few purchases from them with no problems, but not in the past few months.
Some MoFo's are always trying to ice skate uphill - Blade
Jag

Post by Jag »

Just bought a boatload of Assassin's Creed games from them and they all activated on Ubiplay with no problem.

My AssCreed collection is now complete.