July 15th Amazon Prime Day

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Blackhawk

Re: July 15th Amazon Prime Day

Post by Blackhawk »

Isgrimnur wrote:Wishlisted. Purchases are strictly need-based until the wife finds a job.
This. Except for the part about the wife.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Looks like Amazon has replaced the $1 or $3 digital credit for slow prime shipping with a $5 prime pantry credit (with only one usable per order). :?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Boooooooo
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

The only thing I bought for Prime Day is a new Kindle Fire HD (to replace my HDX)

I'm not sure I like the Fire HD. It looks like cheap plastic, and it seems to weigh more than my Nexus 7 without appreciably more battery life.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Defiant wrote:Looks like Amazon has replaced the $1 or $3 digital credit for slow prime shipping with a $5 prime pantry credit (with only one usable per order). :?
My most recent order had 4 items. I split it up when I saw that they moved from the digital credit and got $20 in prime pantry credit for no-rush shipping The next day I ordered something I wanted in 2 days and they stuck the previous order in the same shipment.

Of course I'll probably never do Prime Pantry since their grocery prices are way high and they don't stock any of the specialty grocery stuff we use. Not in Pantry anyway.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Kasey Chang wrote:The only thing I bought for Prime Day is a new Kindle Fire HD (to replace my HDX)
How does the Fire HD compare to the Fire HDX in terms of performance?
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Feels roughly about the same speed, but I didn't run any benchmarks yet. I haven't rooted this and gotten Google Play Store on, so benchmarks are a bit rare. I'll download 3D mark and let you know. :)

EDIT: 10142, not bad. It's about same perf as a Nexus 7 (2013) HDX would have scored about 16500 or thereabouts. But HDX is quadcore, whereas Fire HD (2014) is dualcore.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds