Moderator: The Preacher

Giles Habibula

Big Fall Sale on GOG

Post by Giles Habibula »

Next 10 days.

Spend $5.00, get System Shock 2
Spend $15.00, get Chronicles Of Riddick
Spend $30.00, get Banished

I've already got all three of those, along with 284 other games there, so I've pretty much got everything I want from that place at the moment, so I might pick up a deal or two, but for the most part, I'll likely sit this one out.
Last edited by Giles Habibula on Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Archinerd

Re: Big Fall Sale on GOG

Post by Archinerd »

There should be a "sale" where somebody pays me to play all the games I've already bought.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Great deals, but way too many of them are tied up in bundles containing games I already own.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Giles Habibula wrote: ... I'll likely sit this one out.
I am so weak.
Today, I woke up to find two emails from GOG which contained codes for my bonus games. I was puzzled. Until I remembered that late last night, I found 5 games that I really, really needed, and they were on sale! So I had to buy them!

It's strange. Three of the games I bought were the Fallout Collection. And I could have sworn I'd bought at least one of those a long time ago. Or maybe not, because I already have the disk versions. Except that that's never stopped me before.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Giles Habibula wrote:
I am so weak.
Today, I woke up to find two emails from GOG which contained codes for my bonus games. I was puzzled. Until I remembered that late last night, I found 5 games that I really, really needed, and they were on sale! So I had to buy them!

It's strange. Three of the games I bought were the Fallout Collection. And I could have sworn I'd bought at least one of those a long time ago. Or maybe not, because I already have the disk versions. Except that that's never stopped me before.
Maybe you have Fallout Collection on Steam?
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Giles Habibula wrote:
I am so weak.

So the fallout games were originally available on GoG a while back, and then removed (rights issues, probably). If you bought them, you still had them, but they weren''t on the webpage. They added it back, but it appears it doesn't show owned if you bought they before they were removed. So you may have just bought it a second time (check if you have two copies of the games in your account)
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Defiant wrote: So the fallout games were originally available on GoG a while back, and then removed (rights issues, probably). If you bought them, you still had them, but they weren''t on the webpage. They added it back, but it appears it doesn't show owned if you bought they before they were removed. So you may have just bought it a second time (check if you have two copies of the games in your account)
Thanks. Yep, it appears that's what happened. Kinda lame of them. Or lame of me not to know what games I already own.
Thankfully, the only one I had bought previously was the first one. Well, I got all three for $9.99, so I didn't lose much. I'll just consider it a small tip to GOG.
Giles Habibula

Re: Big Fall Sale on GOG / And GOG games giveaway

Post by Giles Habibula »

Since I already own the $30.00 goal rewards that I just hit on GOG, I now have 3 duplicate games to give away:

System Shock 2 - GONE
Chronicles Of Riddick - GONE
Banished - GONE

If you want any of them, please post a message in this thread, so that others will know you've claimed it. And also PM me, so that I know you've claimed it without checking here all the time. And I'll then PM you the code.

Not a contest. First one to post here gets it.
Preferably, one game per person, but if you really want 2 or all 3, that's fine.
EDIT: Codes need to be used by Dec. 15, 2015.
Last edited by Giles Habibula on Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BooTx

Post by BooTx »

I'll take Banished! Thank you kindly.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm not claiming either of the others, but I will jump in and say that they are both absolutely amazing games. If you haven't played them, get to claiming.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I'll take Riddick if still available.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

I hope this is okay, but unless someone here grabs "System Shock 2" tonight, I'm going to offer it over at Qt3 tomorrow, since they're doing a Classic Game Club playthrough of this game for the next week or so.

If you want it, post here tonight (Monday - or Tuesday morning works too) and it's yours.