Any want want to share their Amazon "tricks", if any?

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Any want want to share their Amazon "tricks", if any?

Post by LawBeefaroni »

El Guapo wrote:
LawBeefaroni wrote: Ok, no problem. Except I have to call in from a landline number that I've never heard of in order for them to give me access.
Huh? So they say, "Please call us from 555-555-1563 in order to set up the account"? Did they pull that number from anywhere (like, was that number listed on a form previously or something)? Obviously it doesn't work to tell someone to call you from Isgrimnur's phone or what have you.

I would assume that it's probably a mistake (unless I'm missing something here). Otherwise it starts to sound like a scam.
I eventually got it sorted. The "phone number" turned out to be the middle of my card number. Not the beginning or end, but in the middle. Thankfully when I called back the rep recognized this when I read it back to him. The first guy didn't know what he was doing, apparently, and read the wrong number for the callback. But first they transferred me to fraud because there was also a lock (because I didn't login in to activate my account soon enough). And the lady there was a piece of work. Got through her bullshit, got back to the helpful rep, and everything was fixed in a minute or two. He was good so I didn't want to grill him on the other two idiots but I did let him know that all my problems were related to the first guy's inability to read from the right box.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Kasey Chang

Re: Any want want to share their Amazon "tricks", if any?

Post by Kasey Chang »

Turns out I had my problems with both Amazon visa... and Amazon.

Apparently Chase (issuer of Amazon Visa) sent me a chipped card in May. Never got it. Then they changed the card's expiration date in November as they expected me to be using the new card even though I never said I received it. So my transactions started failing one by one. WTF?!

Called them up, they had to issue me a brand new number. New card arrived in a week.

Then Amazon, in the business rush, kept undershipping my orders. I ordered 2, they ship 1. This is 2nd time in happend in as many months. And their online complaint website has no provisions to declare "hey, I got undershipped!" Had to call and talk to the rep, who didn't bother doing any detective work. Took her minutes to just put it through and not deal with the trouble. I guess if you do try to cheat them repeatedly they'll investigate.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds