Free Chipotle burrito

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

gilraen

Free Chipotle burrito

Post by gilraen »

Text RAINCHECK to 888-222 before 6pm EST today and get a coupon for a free Chipotle burrito. (it's a PR move after all Chipotle restaurants nationwide closed for lunch today for an all-hands food safety meeting)

http://chipotle.com/raincheck
Isgrimnur

Re: Free Chipotle burrito

Post by Isgrimnur »

Thanks, E. coli!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Doesn't seem to work for me, it texted back with a link, but it just takes you to the original raincheck page.

update - you have to open it in a mobile browser, at which point it asks you for your phone number. I don't see why they couldn't just send the free burrito code in the first response. Seems shady now.

This is the URL it sends btw:
Raincheck text response
There is no hug button. Sad!
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

killbot737 wrote:Doesn't seem to work for me, it texted back with a link, but it just takes you to the original raincheck page.

update - you have to open it in a mobile browser, at which point it asks you for your phone number. I don't see why they couldn't just send the free burrito code in the first response. Seems shady now.
I think they are trying to keep people from getting multiple coupons. If you open the link on the computer, it strips the 20+ character code from the end of the URL. I opened the link on my phone browser, it asked for first and last name and zip code.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I got my free burrito text (supposedly good through 2/23). Hopefully it works!
Black Lives Matter.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Enjoy your burrito, of Lies! :twisted:

Actually I like Chipotle better than its competitors. Their chicken (and tofu) has a nice flavor.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I usually do the 3 soft tacos. I've always liked the taste. But Qudoba has the cheese sauces. So it's pretty much a toss-up. I don't eat out much. But I'll eat at either one. We also recently tried a new chain, Cafe Rio. It was good, but there isn't one close by. So it's debatable that we'll go there much.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

TheMix wrote:I usually do the 3 soft tacos. I've always liked the taste. But Qudoba has the cheese sauces. So it's pretty much a toss-up. I don't eat out much. But I'll eat at either one. We also recently tried a new chain, Cafe Rio. It was good, but there isn't one close by. So it's debatable that we'll go there much.
Speaking of Qdoba - I've always pronounced it "kuh-doba", and I don't think I've ever heard anyone pronounce it differently But I saw an add a couple days ago where they pronounced it something like "Q-Doba." Are people in other parts of the country pronouncing it that way?
Black Lives Matter.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I think that around here (Colorado) I generally hear the latter. And that's how I pronounce it.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Cue-doh-bah. because it's a made-up word
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hitbyambulance wrote:Cue-doh-bah. because it's a made-up word
Well, I still don't like it.

In other news, my burrito of lies was delicious.
Black Lives Matter.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

TheMix wrote:I usually do the 3 soft tacos. I've always liked the taste. But Qudoba has the cheese sauces. So it's pretty much a toss-up. I don't eat out much. But I'll eat at either one. We also recently tried a new chain, Cafe Rio. It was good, but there isn't one close by. So it's debatable that we'll go there much.
Cafe Rio is my favorite. It's just barely started expanding outside Utah the last few years. The pork barbacoa burrito enchilda style is delicious. Sadly I doubt cafe Rio is expanding to Maine any time soon. But my hometown in Montana has one now.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

El Guapo wrote:In other news, my burrito of lies was delicious.
I'm sure you and your new gut-buddies enjoyed it, Fry. :shock: :P
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Want me back, put some coupons in the Sunday paper or my mailbox. :dance: I have forsaken Taco Bell due to lack of beef, cheese, or guacamole in my last XXL grilled stuffed burrito. :horse:
Stop funding for NPR
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The only Taco Bell item I crave from time to time are their "Mexican Pizzas". :wub:
He won. Period.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

I like Taco Bell but I don't like their guacamole, it's too bland and the texture is wrong...I actively avoid it (tried their "fancy" Cantina menu item once, never again). There are quite a few items on their menus that I'll order regularly (XXL grilled stuffed burrito is good...also quesaritos, crunchwraps, the new quesalupa, some other stuff) and breakfast.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Taco Bell is no longer the deal it used to be...
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Every time there's a new post in this thread I hope it's about a new free burrito deal.
Black Lives Matter.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

You may get your wish soon.

Chipotle is giving away more free burritos
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Sweet!

Man, just think about how much volume they could do if their burritos were always free.
Black Lives Matter.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

At least Jimmy Johns had a customer appreciation day yesterday. Subs #1- #6 for $1.00, meanwhile no Chipotle love is forthcoming.
Stop funding for NPR
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Silly boy. Chipotle doesn't offer subs.
He won. Period.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Text from Chipotle - Buy $25 in gift cards in-store before 10 Jun 2016 and get a free burrito on us. :mrgreen:
Stop funding for NPR
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

em2nought wrote:Text from Chipotle - Buy $25 in gift cards in-store before 10 Jun 2016 and get a free burrito on us. :mrgreen:
FWIW the free burrito comes on your next visit (through June 30th).

Though I wonder if you could go in, buy a $25 gift card, leave, then immediately come back in and get a free burrito.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If you put that much effort into acquiring a free burrito, you damn well deserve that free burrito.
He won. Period.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote:If you put that much effort into acquiring a free burrito, you damn well deserve that free burrito.
Well, if that works, you could then try to buy the gift card then negotiate with the checkout clerk that you should just get the free burrito now rather than have to go through the process of waiting in line again. Then all you need to worry about are the other people in line punching you in the back of the head.
Black Lives Matter.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

When chain restaurants do that "Buy $x in gift cards and we'll give you a $y gift card for yourself!" promotion, my dad buys them and then keeps them all.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Free money is free money.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

ImLawBoy wrote:When chain restaurants do that "Buy $x in gift cards and we'll give you a $y gift card for yourself!" promotion, my dad buys them and then keeps them all.
I do that occasionally (depends on the restaurant). I wish Chipotle sent me that offer...I'd definitely eat there more.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

gilraen wrote:
ImLawBoy wrote:When chain restaurants do that "Buy $x in gift cards and we'll give you a $y gift card for yourself!" promotion, my dad buys them and then keeps them all.
I do that occasionally (depends on the restaurant). I wish Chipotle sent me that offer...I'd definitely eat there more.
Good news! Chipotle DID send you that offer, by posting it on their webpage.

I will also do that in this case, since my family is definitely going to spend over $25 at Chipotle in the future.
Black Lives Matter.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Thanks for the direct link, I actually went to the webpage a few days ago looking for this offer and couldn't find it.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

What, folks don't believe a fella without a link? LOL

The girl on the register offered me the burrito I'd already ordered free on that order too, but I declined because I intend to use it on a double steak with guacamole instead of just chicken. :wink:

...and yes, you could walk right back in and get the free burrito also.
Stop funding for NPR
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

double meat bowl with guacamole for free, Winning! :mrgreen: Bought another gift card, so next one is free too. Winning! :mrgreen:
Stop funding for NPR
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I noticed my Chipotle got rid of the lemons at the drink kiosk. I also read somewhere that the lemon wedges in your drinks were something you should never get in a restaurant. Wonder if that was the source of their problems last year?
Stop funding for NPR
EngineNo9

Post by EngineNo9 »

em2nought wrote:I noticed my Chipotle got rid of the lemons at the drink kiosk. I also read somewhere that the lemon wedges in your drinks were something you should never get in a restaurant. Wonder if that was the source of their problems last year?
Yeah, the last time I went to a Chipotle you had to ask at the counter to get some lemon wedges, and they were each in a little lidded cup. Possibly to help from spreading something as you say.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Chipotle is purposely hiring people with hands smaller than Donald Trump's so as to limit how much they put in my bowl. :twisted:

On the plus side, they now have a rewards card available at the check out.
Stop funding for NPR
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Ate at Chipotle four times in July, got a free Bowl which counts as a visit for August. Three more visits in August and it's another free bowl. Pretty nice since I'm paying with $25 gift cards that they gave me a free bowl to buy.

https://chipotle.com/chiptopia?gclid=CM ... gclsrc=ds# My free bowl is always the most expensive I can get, double steak with guacamole. Unless there's a more expensive bowl that I'm missing? :mrgreen:
Stop funding for NPR