2016 Steam Summer Sale .....ITS HERE!!

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Re: 2016 Steam Summer Sale .....ITS HERE!!

Post by $iljanus »

Sniper Elite 3 is finally at that nice $9.99 price point so now it is mine. (well buying the season pass bundle brought it above 9.99 but one can't pass up the opportunity to kill Hitler)
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Maybe, but they dragged thousands of people back to their site every day to look at queues and sales. Even if they spent $2000 for the $2000 they made, that's a free carrot on every stick.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Matrix wrote:By far worst steam sale. I bought exactly one game, "its a wipe" and everything else were just too high priced to rationalize with my backlog. Certainly one of the worst summer sales in memory.
Interesting, as I've had that game on my wishlist for years, but never pulled the trigger. I was thinking about grabbing it this time around since it was so cheap, but I never got around to it.

If you play it and feel so inclined, I'd love to hear your opinion on it (in the PC Gaming section). I realize it's just a small time waster sort of game, but I am curious how it plays.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I wound up returning Age of Wonders 3 because I booted it up and had a save game from last year. WTF? Turns out I apparently owned it outside of Steam, or bought it at one time and returned it. Either way, I didn't get the warm fuzzies about keeping it so I refunded to my Steam wallet.

Wound up picking up Sword Coast Legends. I was really tempted to pick up one of the enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate, BG2, or Icewind Dale at those prices, but I wasn't sure how well they would keep my interest since I had played them so much in the past. Figured Sword Coast Legends would scratch my itch for an isometric RPG. I don't really care that it's light-weight which seems to be the common complaint about it. Something mindless and linear that I can just sink 20-30 hours in is just what I want right now.

That'll probably do it for me for this sale. Not a total wash, and I only spent $14 which is a good thing given the size of my backlog.

[Edit] And....I'm weak and picked up Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition as well. Only a $1 or so off of its historic low and I love the hell out of that game.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The sale is over, and temptation is gone. That's kind of a relief.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

This total haul is really low for me, in money and in big name titles. I mean like zero big name titles. If you look closely, everything was el cheapo, I'll probably end up getting second copies in bundles anyway (already have for one), and I bought as much <$0.99 DLC as anything else.

Card credit spent $8.10

BloodGate
Relic Alone
Word Wonders: The Tower of Babel
Raiden 4: OverKill
This Starry Midnight We Make

Real money spent $70.21

Lakeview Cabin Collection
Press X to Not Die
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Laserlife
Guest, The
Bosch's Damnation
Shades of Black
Splendor
The Huntsman: Winter's Curse Season Pass
Heaven's Hope
Winged Sakura: Mindy's Arc
Ame no Marginal -Rain Marginal-
Six Sides of the World
House of Hell
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Rememoried
Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon
Traverser
Duke Nukem Forever: The Doctor Who Cloned Me DLC
Duke Nukem Forever: Hail to the Icons Parody Pack DLC
Shadowrun Chronicles: Deluxe Upgrade DLC
Beyond Earth: Exoplanets Map Pack DLC
Din's Curse: Demon War DLC
Ferrum's Secrets: Vintage Vision Cinematograph Pack DLC
Gratuitous Tank Battles: The Western Front DLC
Hacker Evolution: Hardcore Music Pack DLC
Hacker Evolution Untold: Hardcore Music Pack DLC
Hacker Evolution Duality: Hardcore Music Pack DLC
Hacker Evolution: Hardcore Package Part 2 DLC
Hacker Evolution Untold: Hardcore Package Part 2 DLC
Shadowrun Chronicles: Missions DLC
South Park The Stick of Truth: Super Samurai Spaceman Pack DLC
Oddworld New 'n' Tasty: Alf's Escape DLC
South Park The Stick of Truth: Ultimate Fellowship Pack DLC
I have but one advocate.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

XCOM 2 digital deluxe and Offworld Trading Company
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Bought nothing. That's new.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

GreenGoo wrote:
Matrix wrote:By far worst steam sale. I bought exactly one game, "its a wipe" and everything else were just too high priced to rationalize with my backlog. Certainly one of the worst summer sales in memory.
Interesting, as I've had that game on my wishlist for years, but never pulled the trigger. I was thinking about grabbing it this time around since it was so cheap, but I never got around to it.

If you play it and feel so inclined, I'd love to hear your opinion on it (in the PC Gaming section). I realize it's just a small time waster sort of game, but I am curious how it plays.
Its pretty fun game, was a good couple of evenings. Basically its like running your mini raid guilde, pretty basic but requires certain strategies and planing (who get which items, how to plan the raid) . Well worth few bucks it cost. Not crazy replayable, and at higher level can get pretty grind but first 5-10 hours its really good. And at full price its 5$, certainly worth it in my opinion.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

I still don't grok cards.

Yay, I can sell a card for 8 cents! I'm a centillionaire, minus the -illion part. :roll:
There is no hug button. Sad!
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

I have netted >$860 off of cards, and spent all of it on games that were on sale. That's a lot of games. Suit yourself, though.
I have but one advocate.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

JetFred wrote:I have netted >$860 off of cards, and spent all of it on games that were on sale. That's a lot of games. Suit yourself, though.
How?
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

I have a lot of games. I often buy games for less than the cards are worth. I've dropped cards from ~1000 games and sold them. Thousands of cards. Millions of clicks.

You know the old joke...how can he afford to sell (fill in the blank) below cost? Because he sells a lot of them. Ha ha.
I have but one advocate.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

killbot737 wrote:How?
See this thread here. The prices aren't as good per card as they were during the trading card beta days, but they absolutely add up. I understand not being interested in collecting the cards and crafting badges - it's total nonsense. But if you're not interested, why wouldn't you sell all the cards sitting in your inventory? It's literally free money. Pennies, nickels and dimes mostly - but free nonetheless.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Yeah I read that thread and I think I made a total of $25 from the hundreds of cards I put up before Steam went all asshole and forced you to do 2-factor auth to sell anything. At one point I was selling so many cards Steam made me fill out a tax document. It still was cents-per-card.

It still makes no sense to me. I guess I value my time (in general, and to figure out "the card game") more than whatever Steam and/or "random internet weirdo" is offering.

Whatever I was doing, I clearly was doing it wrong if I wanted to make money. Someday you Steam card millionaires can piss on my grave.

I still don't grok the system and probably never will.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

killbot737 wrote:I still don't grok the system and probably never will.
I understand. I don't play multiplayer, so you could argue I don't get full value out of my games, or even my PC. Whatever. No problem, your choice.

However, once the cards are in your inventory, seriously, either take the money or give them to me. 8-)
I have but one advocate.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I make badges. Had someone even ask once how I got so many badges hehehe.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I made level 40. More levels means more pack drops, means more free money.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

I haven't found it to speed up like they say. I think many people who drop cards are up to 40, 50 or higher, and it all evens out.
I have but one advocate.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

I tried selling some cards early in the sale - it wouldn't let me do it without mobile authenticator (without putting a 15-day waiting period on each sale). So I installed the mobile app and then realized that I can't remember my Steam password. Guess what - resetting the password automatically put a 7-day freeze on all community market activity. It was going to "unfreeze" on 7/3, that Sunday night I forgot about it, and by Monday the cards have expired. I don't need all that hassle for a few cents, and I don't play enough of anything to earn more than a few random cards here and there.