GOG Summer Sale 2016

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

hitbyambulance

GOG Summer Sale 2016

Post by hitbyambulance »

now supporting all the silly stuff Steam sales used to do. (tho you can actually earn points for free games along with the badges)
Daehawk

Re: GOG Summer Sale 2016

Post by Daehawk »

Haven't had money in 2 years so kinda hate to see the sales. Makes me sad. Plus it means winter is getting closer and I HATE cold weather.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
KDH

Post by KDH »

scroll down past the game bundles

if you visit a certain page using GOG-GALAXY you get sytem-shock-2 .. FREE ... it's a stress-test, you see

ends in 38 hours, as of this writing
Ain't nobody got time for that
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

One way to get extra exp is to tweet their sale...but when I click that it never does anything. How can I tweet it so that it knows I did it and get credit? I have the other marks except check in..thats a 5 day thing. I even added that annoying 2 step authorization.

EDIT: NM...cant do it from the GoG Galaxy client you have to do it from the GoG webpage.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Daehawk wrote:One way to get extra exp is to tweet their sale...but when I click that it never does anything. How can I tweet it so that it knows I did it and get credit? I have the other marks except check in..thats a 5 day thing. I even added that annoying 2 step authorization.

EDIT: NM...cant do it from the GoG Galaxy client you have to do it from the GoG webpage.
BTW, you don't need to add 2 step authentication if you don't want to. You get the points just by visiting the account security page. So it is up to you if you want to setup or not.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Oooh. Prison Architect for $10. Tempting.
Today only I'm guessing?
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

We'll have more and more deals for you every 24 hours as the 2016 Summer Sale marches on – and the deals will stick around until the end — starting with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (-50%), Rebel Galaxy (-50%), and Day of the Tentacle Remastered (-33%) as well as bundles including X-Wing and TIE Fighter, D&D Gold Box classics and more.
Not 100% clear, I'll admit.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Maybe I'm not doing the math correctly, but I don't think you can earn enough xp to get a free game without buying something.
Which is fine I guess, they are in the business of selling video games.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

My quick calculations concur.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Isgrimnur wrote:My quick calculations concur.
Slacker. I demand more certainty and precision from my research bots!

:wink:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

they're adding twitch.tv thingees where you can earn 300 XP per event. so yeah, you'll (just barely) be able to get Spelunky if you're also diligent about checking in every day.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

I went a little nuts and bought "The Witness" and "The Solus Project" even though they were only 15% off. The Solus Project because it intrigued me, and The Witness because I've been wanting it for a long time.

I bought them before I even knew about the free games thing. And those purchases instantly qualified me for all three free games. Better yet, I did not previously own any of the free games, so they were a really nice bonus.

There are still a bunch of games I'd really like to grab, as the sale prices are really nice, but now my budget is blown, so I'm kind of wishing I'd have grabbed the games I wanted that came with a much steeper discount, but I'm thinking that The Witness alone should hold me for quite a while. I'm not generally good with puzzle games, but I'm really digging these puzzles (so far).

Games I maybe should have grabbed instead include:

"X Rebirth: Home Of Light Complete Edition": $16.49 was $49.99. I passed on Rebirth on release for obvious reasons, but (apparently?) now they've mostly fixed it, and I'm curious as hell about how it finally turned out. So passing on it now is causing me some regret.

"Kerbal Space Program": $23.99 was $39.99: Everything that all of you guys have written about this game makes me feel absolutely stupid for not having bought this game long ago, even at full price. And passing on this deal makes me feel even more stupid. Especially since the whole experimentation aspect of it really appeals to me, and I'm still dying to try it. And I may yet just turn a blind eye to my budget and grab it anyway before the sale ends. We'll see if my will power can hold out. If I do ignore my budget and buy another game during the sale, this one will be it!

"Prison Architect": $9.99 was $29.99. Once again, this should have been a given based on everything you all have written about it here, and at 10 bucks...Geez, it's very difficult to let this slip by. If by chance I do cave in and buy KSP, I predict I'll throw this in my cart at the same time.

"Gone Home": $4.99 was $19.99. I've read good things about this one too, but unfortunately, my reading about it has also spoiled the ending, and I'm not sure how the game itself would hold up in spite of that.

"Hotline Miami": $1.49 was $9.99. I love the idea of it, but not sure if I'm good enough at frenetic gameplay to really enjoy it. However the OO Effect (as in the above titles) was/is really strong, and the price couldn't be nicer.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
KDH

Post by KDH »

UPDATE: The 2016 Summer Sale is now over - one month left to redeem your freebies
Thanks for taking part in our grand Vacation Quest, adventurers!

UPDATE: Wow. These have been two wild, adventurous, exciting weeks! More than 1000 deals going for up to -90% were made available throughout the Summer Sale, and you definitely showed them lots of love. Most hugs were given out to The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine and Wild Hunt, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, System Shock: Enhanced Edition, Shadowrun Hong Kong & Dragonfall, Pillars of Eternity + Expansion Pass, and Day of the Tentacle Remastered.

The most prominent huggers were featured in our XP Leaderboards and, after a suspenseful race, Hardman77, rwoodsmall, and leonmerts managed to secure the top three spots. Congrats, you guys, hope you enjoy the spoils! If you want to know where you stand, you can still go to your experience page, and check the list of glory. The page will remain open for one more month, until July 22, so make sure to also redeem your free games until then.

Last but not least, our two GOG Plays events got our Twitch community all hot and bothered, as more than 50.000 unique viewers joined the madness, which peaked at over 1300 concurrent watchers. Objectives were completed, XP boosts got handed out, and fun times were had by all.
Thanks again for being part of the 2016 Summer Sale. Enjoy your hard-earned loot!

If you are looking for some sweet summer-y wallpapers*, make sure to drop by our imgur page.

*the sweet summer-y wallpaper is the image pictured above
Ain't nobody got time for that
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i was 200 points away from Spelunky, because i missed two check-in days (100 x2). aaaaaaa
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I was 800 points from spelunky, because I missed 2 check ins, don't use twitter/facebook and couldn't be bothered with watching live streams of games.
Not that it matters, I already own an unplayed copy of spelunky.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Archinerd wrote:I was 800 points from spelunky, because I missed 2 check ins, don't use twitter/facebook and couldn't be bothered with watching live streams of games.
Not that it matters, I already own an unplayed copy of spelunky.
the live streams gave you points automatically (you didn't have to do anything.)
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

The "winner" of the points game had over 2.6 million points. I don't know any other way you could earn free points besides their check-in page and those streams. I'm really wondering whether that dude spent $2600 on games during this sale.
There is no hug button. Sad!
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

killbot737 wrote:The "winner" of the points game had over 2.6 million points. I don't know any other way you could earn free points besides their check-in page and those streams. I'm really wondering whether that dude spent $2600 on games during this sale.
JetFred moving in on Gog?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.