Dude! You're getting a Dell

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Moliere

Dude! You're getting a Dell

Post by Moliere »

Inspiron 15 5000 Series

7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7500U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
8GB Single Channel DDR4 2400MHz (8GBx1)
1TB 5400 rpm SATA Hard Drive
AMD Radeon™ R7 M445 Graphics 4G GDDR5
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Truelife LED-Backlit On-cell Touch Display (ties to IR Camera)
Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)

List price: $849.00

Until Dec. 5th use the code EARLYBIRD220 for a $220 discount.

A pretty good laptop for $630.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
jztemple2

Re: Dude! You're getting a Dell

Post by jztemple2 »

We picked up one of these a month ago for my wife, she was tired of dealing with our old Gateway running Vista. It is our first Win10 machine and I'm finding a lot of things I think aren't as good with Win10 as they were with Win7, but that's another story.

My biggest issue with this computer is that there are no LED idiot lights. No "hey, I'm connected to AC", no "my battery is charging", no "my hard drive is currently spinning it's brains out". Not even a "dude, your wireless is on" or caps lock or num lock indicator. True, a lot of that info is available through the Win10 interface, but it's just annoying that I have to search around just to find most of this info, and not having an indication that the computer is actually on has tripped me up more than once when I first power it up and I'm waiting for something to pop up on the screen; a couple of times I thought I hadn't pressed the power button for long enough.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold