[Amazon] Tales of the Arabian Nights $37.59 Free Shipping

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Anonymous Bosch

[Amazon] Tales of the Arabian Nights $37.59 Free Shipping

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Good price on a must-have classic that, IMHO, belongs in every modern board gamer's collection (particularly with kids or families):

Tales of the Arabian Nights - $37.59 w/ Free Prime Shipping

For anyone unfamiliar with the game, here's a great explanation from Shut Up & Sit Down of what makes it so enjoyable.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
hentzau

Re: [Amazon] Tales of the Arabian Nights $37.59 Free Shippin

Post by hentzau »

Love this game.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

The one caveat I would say is that while it's tons of fun as an experience, it's not a great "game", because it's very, very random. If you're a eurogame type player, and don't enjoy other types of games, you probably want to avoid this game. Otherwise, yes, it's worth getting.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

I picked up the star trek game based on this a while back (you can get it in shrink wrap still even though it's been out of print 30 years) but I haven't even opened or played it yet even though I've had it about five years. I need to get to it.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Defiant wrote:The one caveat I would say is that while it's tons of fun as an experience, it's not a great "game", because it's very, very random. If you're a eurogame type player, and don't enjoy other types of games, you probably want to avoid this game. Otherwise, yes, it's worth getting.
True, in the strictest sense, it's certainly more storytelling experience than game. But as long as everyone goes in with the right mindset and plays to create epic yarns (regardless of the consequences), it absolutely excels at what it does and makes for an immensely entertaining experience. Suffice it to say, I think the Shut Up & Sit Down review sums it up perfectly.

Also, after developing some familiarity with the game, I'd thoroughly recommend the Storytelling Variant available from Z-Man Games.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke