[CoolStuffInc] Duel of Ages II - $39.99

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Anonymous Bosch

[CoolStuffInc] Duel of Ages II - $39.99

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

I was browsing through CoolStuffInc's Last Chance sale, and noticed they're currently offering Duel of Ages II for $39.99 (+ $5.99 for US shipping).

While Tom Vasel ranks it as his #6 Game of all Time, I think it remains a largely underrated and truly unique 'cult classic' of tabletop gaming. Sure, it's not the newest or shiniest game around, but considering it's now going for over $100 on Amazon, this is a good price for a whole lotta superbly-themed game that may never see a reprint. For any gamers that haven't yet tried it, I suggest jumping on this deal while you still can. Worst case, even if the game isn't your cuppa, you'll likely be able to resell it for an easy profit when it goes out of print.

For anyone unfamiliar with the game, you can watch The Dice Tower review of Duel of Ages II here. Or, if you prefer, here's a well-written review from a BGG user that explains the game in more detail, and further clarifies what makes it so inimitable.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
hepcat

Re: [CoolStuffInc] Duel of Ages II - $39.99

Post by hepcat »

An absolute gem of a game. I love the silly stories it generates.
Covfefe!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I know nothing about this game other than the video linked above, but I'll give it a shot! It is Hanukkah, after all...
Black Lives Matter
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:I know nothing about this game other than the video linked above, but I'll give it a shot! It is Hanukkah, after all...
Glad to hear it, You're in for a real treat. If I had to describe it in a nutshell, it's almost like League of Legends meets Hunger Games (the text-based review I linked to earlier does a better job of describing it in detail, though). And hepcat's absolutely right, it's a game that absolutely excels at creating memorable and funny storytelling experiences.

Merry Hanukkah!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke