Captain America waffle maker

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

This thing looks awesome! Especially for $12.49!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0197 ... PDKIKX0DER

Note that there is also a Death Star waffle maker, but it's around $40, and makes the thinner, what I would call American style waffles rather than this thicker Belgian style. Yes, I would prefer the Death Star, but 1. I prefer Belgian style waffles and 2. $40 vs $13.
Daehawk

Re: Captain America waffle maker

Post by Daehawk »

Gets good reviews and the waffle is pretty big. The only bad I see is the plates do not come out for cleaning.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Showing as $33.47
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

stimpy wrote:Showing as $33.47
Looks like you waffled on buying it for too long..

No waffling by me! Got in at the $12.97 price!
Not even getting it for me. Getting it for my niece who is a big Captain America fan..
May have been a price mistake. Not sure what amazon does in those cases.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Note that there is also a Death Star waffle maker
I used to have a Death Star waffle maker, but it kept annihilating the grapefruit.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Do you really need more junk in the kitchen?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Punisher wrote:
stimpy wrote:Showing as $33.47

May have been a price mistake. Not sure what amazon does in those cases.
They will honor it. Mine's already shipped.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Daehawk wrote:Gets good reviews and the waffle is pretty big. The only bad I see is the plates do not come out for cleaning.
I have a waffle maker whose plates don't come out and it does take some fiddling to clean, but it's anti-stick so it's not too bad.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

coopasonic wrote:Do you really need more junk in the kitchen?

but 85% off makes the purchasing fun!

(you should see the fatwallet.com forums - people proudly proclaiming they bought eight-to-15 of whatever at mega-bargain clearance 'for presents'... never mind what the thing is, the fact that it's deeply discounted makes it automatically the ideal gift for anyone.)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

psst...don't ask coop to post a photo of his boardgame shelves. :P
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Enlarge Image

:ninja:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I started playing/collecting wargames from Avalon Hill, Simulations Publications Inc and others back in the 1970s. In the 1990s as I got converted to computer gaming and also collecting books I finally had to decide to get rid of my games. My wife filled our full size van with all the boxes and sold them to a dealer.

I miss them, but on the other hand I'm now up to twenty-three bookshelves full of books, so there's that :D
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Honestly I am not sure what hepcat was going for with that comment. There was a time (about four years ago) that I had around 250 board games. Now everything I own fits on that shelf in the picture with room to spare. I know hep thinks Tash-Kalar is junk and I'll tell you most of the stuff on the second shelf up is also junk but those are games for the kids.

Most of the physical books I've owned have gone to half price books. The set of Harry Potter hardcovers accounts for about a third of our shelf space occupied by books (excluding the kids books which are out of control - but they are kids, you can't say no to books for kids).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i have thousands (literally many, many hundreds) of CDs. i am very attached to the album format, and CDs are easier to move than vinyl LPs, and prices on used discs have fallen through the floor in the past decade - so many have been acquired for a dollar or less. maybe if i were smart, i'd rip them all to digital audio format and get rid of them (along with the hundreds of LPs and cassette tapes i also have)... but i really like having the physical artifact.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

jztemple2 wrote:I started playing/collecting wargames from Avalon Hill, Simulations Publications Inc and others back in the 1970s. In the 1990s as I got converted to computer gaming and also collecting books I finally had to decide to get rid of my games. My wife filled our full size van with all the boxes and sold them to a dealer.

I miss them, but on the other hand I'm now up to twenty-three bookshelves full of books, so there's that :D
I started selling my games when Usenet auctions were a thing and then got rid of another batch via Fleabay. I still have some unsold things and should probably try again.

About 4 years ago, I started liquidating my library. I've probably sold 500 books, donated a bunch more and probably still have in excess of 1000 volumes to get rid of. I'm down to a few handful of books that have any real value though. If we move this year, I'll donate a bunch more and sell off some to HPB for scrap. Very few books are ones I'm inclined to move again.
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Jeff V wrote:About 4 years ago, I started liquidating my library. I've probably sold 500 books, donated a bunch more and probably still have in excess of 1000 volumes to get rid of. I'm down to a few handful of books that have any real value though. If we move this year, I'll donate a bunch more and sell off some to HPB for scrap. Very few books are ones I'm inclined to move again.
I'm lucky, we've been living in this house for 32 years and my wife and I agree we're never going to move again. So taking care of all the books will be someone else's problem when we pass :D. Sadly I have no relatives that care much about reading.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I still have all my hundreds of paperback and some hardbacks thrown in. Im so glad. Many years ago I didn't feel like fooling with my magazine collection of console and pc gaming mags from 1988-2000 or so and let them all be bulldozed over except for a drawer full. SO STUPID of me.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I used to have cases and cases of books going back to when I was a kid in the 80's.
Hurricane Floyd took out about 80% of them, then we moved and had less room so I donated a bunch to the library for their book sale. I probably have about 6-7 cases left (cases=the ones that reams of paper come in). however, as much as I enjoyed having them, I didn't want to invest too much into them anymore in case showing else happened and I have been about 98% kindle now. It took a while for me to convert because I really like the feel of the books, but it is now much easier to tote around hundreds of books and I can take them anywhere.. I still buy some hard cover ones now and then or some older books not on Kindle, but that's it.

Not sure what any of this has to do with a waffle maker though...
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Received waffle maker. Used waffle maker to create Captain America shield waffles. America is truly Great again.

A product that creates a real food item true to the pictures that marketing created to get you to buy.
alicec34

Post by alicec34 »

jztemple2 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:27 pm I started playing/collecting wargames from Avalon Hill, Simulations Publications Inc and others back in the 1970s. In the 1990s as I got converted to computer gaming and also collecting books I finally had to decide to get rid of my games mutuelles Entreprise. My wife filled our full size van with all the boxes and sold them to a dealer.

You could have put them in E bay to get some money. At least that would have brought you euros.
KDH

Post by KDH »

:character-spamcan:
Ain't nobody got time for that
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

For the record, said waffle maker is still going strong. I use it every time I make waffles, and can knock out the family breakfast in half the time (with one other waffle maker going).

(Still) Highly recommended!