[Amazon] $8.62 off $50 w/ code BIGTHANKS [[EXPIRED]]

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Kasey Chang

[Amazon] $8.62 off $50 w/ code BIGTHANKS [[EXPIRED]]

Post by Kasey Chang »

Amazon is celebrating getting #1 on some customer satisfaction survey and they're taking $8.62 off $50 on ANY purchase with code BIGTHANKS, but it's TODAY ONLY (2/22/17) and items must be sold by Amazon, not "through" Amazon.

EDIT: Does NOT seem to work on video games.
Last edited by Kasey Chang on Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
coopasonic

Re: [Amazon] $8.62 off $50 w/ code BIGTHANKS today!!!!!

Post by coopasonic »

..and somehow I am unable to think of anything I need. 17% discount from amazon prices and I can't think of anything. I'm sure I can count on my wife here...
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I bought a jacket (I can use another windbreaker) and another pair of pants (somehow going to Target doesn't appeal to me to buy pants, and I wear jeans almost exclusively). It's kinda painful to find the items that the discount would apply to though. A lot of the items on my wish list were not sold BY Amazon.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I spent half the morning looking at board game reviews just so I can find something to justify an Amazon purchase... :horse:
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:I spent half the morning looking at board game reviews just so I can find something to justify an Amazon purchase... :horse:
Heh. That was my first thought too. I have a few set aside as "eventual" purchases. I'll have to see how much they cost.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

coopasonic wrote:..and somehow I am unable to think of anything I need. 17% discount from amazon prices and I can't think of anything. I'm sure I can count on my wife here...
You can always just buy some non-perishable food to bring your bill up to $50. If you need ideas, how about some Nong Shim Korean Soup - Black Version?
stessier

Post by stessier »

I used the code on the Shark Navigator (vacuum) sold by Shark - it worked.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

If you mean the super-hot noodles, the black version just have an extra sauce packet. Just buy the red version.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Tried it on a preorder for Horizon Zero Dawn that says it's sold BY amazon, and it didn't work.

edit: it doesn't seem to work for video games in general.
Covfefe!
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

hepcat wrote:Tried it on a preorder for Horizon Zero Dawn that says it's sold BY amazon, and it didn't work.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

But does it apply to video games?
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

well there goes that idea...
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

This might be a good time for me to pick up Witcher 3.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Now I'm glad that I hadn't suggested video games. :ninja:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:Now I'm glad that I hadn't suggested video games. :ninja:
It's cool, though - I'll just use it towards digital content and/or Amazon Gift Cards.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:Now I'm glad that I hadn't suggested video games. :ninja:
It's cool, though - I'll just use it towards digital content and/or Amazon Gift Cards.
Doesn't Brittney Spears have a new album out?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I cannot wait to get home and place a restaurant order using Alexa!
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

stessier wrote:I used the code on the Shark Navigator (vacuum) sold by Shark - it worked.
And I just blew all of my spare cash plus my personal savings on exactly that from them three weeks ago after my old vacuum died. :doh:
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Blackhawk wrote:
stessier wrote:I used the code on the Shark Navigator (vacuum) sold by Shark - it worked.
And I just blew all of my spare cash plus my personal savings on exactly that from them three weeks ago after my old vacuum died. :doh:
That stinks.

So do you like it? My wife and I have been debating for ages and think this was the way to go but still aren't totally sure.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

wonderpug wrote:
hepcat wrote:Tried it on a preorder for Horizon Zero Dawn that says it's sold BY amazon, and it didn't work.

My absolute favorite part of this is that you took the time to add color and multiple arrows to your screenshot. :lol:
Covfefe!
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

It's the especially long arrow that starts way down at the bottom that really sells it. :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It's like he's trying to visually tell me something about my attempt at buying a video game with the code...but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. :?
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

stessier wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:
That stinks.

So do you like it? My wife and I have been debating for ages and think this was the way to go but still aren't totally sure.
I am loving it and am very glad I chose it, but that comes with two points for context: I've used it a grand total of twice so far, and my baseline is my last vacuum, a model that was probably 25 years or more old.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote:It's like he's trying to visually tell me something about my attempt at buying a video game with the code...but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. :?
I think it's that you can totally use the code to buy a video game - you just need to try harder.
Black Lives Matter.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

While it doesn't work on Amazon gift cards, it does work on other gift cards. I went the semi-adulting route and got a Southwest gift card. Toss in our 5% back via Amazon VISA and it was < $40!

Would have been nice if they went with the number they got in the survey and took $86.27 off of a $100 purchase. Come on, Amazon. Do it right.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I still haven't figured out what (if any) board game to get. Somebody convince me of something I don't need!!
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Zaxxon wrote:While it doesn't work on Amazon gift cards, it does work on other gift cards. I went the semi-adulting route and got a Southwest gift card. Toss in our 5% back via Amazon VISA and it was < $40!

Would have been nice if they went with the number they got in the survey and took $86.27 off of a $100 purchase. Come on, Amazon. Do it right.
Did not work on a steam gift card.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

coopasonic wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:While it doesn't work on Amazon gift cards, it does work on other gift cards. I went the semi-adulting route and got a Southwest gift card. Toss in our 5% back via Amazon VISA and it was < $40!

Did not work on a steam gift card.
Shit! I have a $50 Xmas present that I was going to convert to Steam Gift Card. Now I guess I need to look for something else.

So I need a $58.62 present to myself and I have no idea what to get. I guess I need to peruse "the single player board game" thread I started a few months back.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Zaxxon wrote: Would have been nice if they went with the number they got in the survey and took $86.27 off of a $100 purchase. Come on, Amazon. Do it right.
Doing it right would have been $86.27 off of a $50 purchase!
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Blackhawk wrote:
Zaxxon wrote: Would have been nice if they went with the number they got in the survey and took $86.27 off of a $100 purchase. Come on, Amazon. Do it right.
Doing it right would have been $86.27 off of a $50 purchase!
I would have accepted that option, as well.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:I still haven't figured out what (if any) board game to get. Somebody convince me of something I don't need!!
If you don't already own it, Star Wars: Rebellion has been tremendous fun in my experience, and perfectly captures the feel of an epic galactic civil war. In a nutshell, it's the Original Trilogy in a box, and also includes 170+ superb-quality miniatures:

Enlarge Image
(Click to embiggen)

It's currently the no. 5 ranked overall game on BoardGameGeek and the no. 2 thematic game, and justifiably so IMO.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Enough

Post by Enough »

It would also be a dang good time to pre-order Planet Earth II, I can hardly wait for the UHD 4k goodness in March.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Jag

Post by Jag »

$50 whole foods gift card works. You can probably get a bag of kale chips and a zero calorie water for that!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

This is looking like a loser. I went to order Alien Legendary Encounters and expansion and enter code

The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.
Tried ST: Frontiers
The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.
I'm out.
Hypnotoad

Post by Hypnotoad »

You're trying to buy things that aren't actually sold by Amazon.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Those are two that I was looking at also (the Aliens expansion and Firefly for LE).

But... for all the board games that I have on my future list, only one is cheaper at Amazon than at CSI. Doesn't make sense to get games at Amazon for several dollars more, just to save $8+. I'll have to see if the wife has any ideas.

Black Lives Matter

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Hypnotoad wrote:You're trying to buy things that aren't actually sold by Amazon.
I don't imagine anything I buy from Amazon is sold by Amazon. Which I guess goes back to I'm out. It seems like even when I buy books from Amazon they're always from a marketplace and not Amazon themselves.

TheMix wrote:Those are two that I was looking at also (the Aliens expansion and Firefly for LE).

But... for all the board games that I have on my future list, only one is cheaper at Amazon than at CSI. Doesn't make sense to get games at Amazon for several dollars more, just to save $8+. I'll have to see if the wife has any ideas.
I have a $50 gift card from Christmas that's been waiting for me to want a thing. I figured an extra $8 off was the excuse I needed.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

If you look under all sellers, you can specify where you are buying it from. Example. I just went to the product page and clicked on, "Used & new (24) from $35.99 + $6.99 shipping"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

El Guapo wrote:
hepcat wrote:It's like he's trying to visually tell me something about my attempt at buying a video game with the code...but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. :?
I think it's that you can totally use the code to buy a video game - you just need to try harder.
Ah, you got me again, you bastard!
Covfefe!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Surely you people wipe your butts with something that can be purchased at Amazon?

Or how about a year's supply of paper towels or Kleenex! Kibble for Fido! Condoms! Fireworks! Ceiling fan blades!
Last edited by Carpet_pissr on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.