Rising Storm-GOTY - FREE - Humble - 34hrs

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

KDH

Rising Storm-GOTY - FREE - Humble - 34hrs

Post by KDH »

.... Image
:csmile: ... Rising Storm Game of the Year Edition .. that's, like, %100 off, or somethin' ... cool
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image

STEAM page - Very Poz

From the 'key' email:

The redemption deadline is June 10th, 2017 at 10:00 AM Pacific. You have 15 days left!

Immediately after 10AM Pacific on June 10th, the Steam key will magically vanish as if it were just a figment of your imagination, leaving this cryptic message behind in its wake.
Ain't nobody got time for that
Daehawk

Re: Rising Storm-GOTY - FREE - Humble - 34hrs

Post by Daehawk »

Think I have this somewhere...think I played it. Oh well if not then I got a new game :)..thank you.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Yep I own it. For some reason I thought this was a stand alone WW2 shooter set in the asian theater. I know Ive played one. But this is the updated Red Orchestra game. Its a great game on its own. I played both Red Orchestras since they were a mod. I guess I quit a few years ago. Always liked them. The only trouble was everyone looked so samey that id shoot my own teammates sometimes. Guess it added to the game but I like it more when the two sides are more different.
KDH

Post by KDH »

Is it multiplayer only? I searched reviews and comments looking for somebody to mention single-player. I would imagine servers are an issue at this age (released 2013)
Ain't nobody got time for that
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I have the same question.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

KDH wrote:Is it multiplayer only?
Sure looks like it, the Wiki pages for the series only lists multiplayer for the "Mode(s)" they support.
-mf
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It's multiplayer only, but if I remember correctly you *could* set up a private server and play against bots for practice. I'm also pretty sure when you install the GOTY version you're also given a free copy of Rising Storm 2 MP as well (not the SP campaign).

I don't think I'd every buy these games for a SP experience, but they have been big fun at a LAN party I attend. The way they handle combat (and shooting in general) is very different than a Battlefield or Call of Duty game. Not quick and jerky at all - no running and gunning. This is all about being patient and taking a measured shot at range. I love these games, but that's coming from the perspective of LAN gaming. Still...free is free - what do you have to lose? It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn the servers are still populated. There's a pretty hardcore following of players that prefer these games to the more twitchy online shooters. YMMV.
Last edited by Smoove_B on Fri May 26, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Yea....I grabbed it and THEN realized it's mp only.
Not my thing.....
He/Him/His/Porcupine
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Smoove_B wrote:It's single player only
Assuming that's a... finger fart. :wink:
-mf
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Whoops. Yeah. I'll fix that. :oops:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

OK, since this is more of a ranged type shooter, would it be more friendly, to say, someone who is not a multiplayer gamer? I still have nightmares about firing up Counterstrike as my first online MP experience (after it had been out several years). That was fun.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Back in those days I loved CS and the like. Was a great deathmatcher. Always said in the 90s or early 2000s I could have beaten the pros like Thresh. But now I suck and dislike them for the most part. I dont play CS. haven't in years. The betas were so fun though when it was new.
storz

Post by storz »

Carpet_pissr wrote:OK, since this is more of a ranged type shooter, would it be more friendly, to say, someone who is not a multiplayer gamer? I still have nightmares about firing up Counterstrike as my first online MP experience (after it had been out several years). That was fun.

Since RS2 has been released for several years now. By now, all the people playing on the active server are either pros or regular active players, thus be prepare to learn the map from the start. I still play RS2 once in a while, still fun to play, and the people on server are generally helpful. Also since you will be just starting playing from level 1, you have to level up all your weapons to get useful attachments, which takes a long time (The new RS Vietnam game, the weapons are unlocked from the start, all you unlock by level up is the customization of mp character, which is an idea I like). Other than that, RS2's mp experience is enjoyable.