MS Visual Studio .. FREE .. For Non-Commercial Use

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

KDH

MS Visual Studio .. FREE .. For Non-Commercial Use

Post by KDH »

... Image

:ugeek: ... Visual Studio.com/blah-blah-blah
A couple of years ago, Microsoft made a major announcement about the future of Visual Studio, the software that most serious software developers use for creating Windows programs. Instead of charging around $1000 for Visual Studio, it would be available for free for non-commercial use. So if you want to try Visual Studio in order to produce programs for your own purposes, or software that you intend to give away rather than sell, you can now get the full Microsoft Visual Studio suite for free.

The latest version of Visual Studio is the 2017 edition and, as promised, Microsoft makes it available as a free "Community" edition. It's the same software development environment that costs serious money for use by commercial developers, but you can get it for free as a non-commercial user. Just head to to start downloading it. Note that this is a seriously large program that will require upwards of 10 GB of hard disk space on your computer. It is also a large download, which is regarded as trustworthy by Web of Trust and is malware-free according to the antivirus software I use (it's too large for VirusTotal).

Note: Ensure that you download Visual Studio Community. Don't download Visual Studio Code, as this is a different product and is nowhere near as useful or powerful.

:mrgreen: verbage from: techsupportalert.com
Ain't nobody got time for that
Enough

Re: MS Visual Studio .. FREE .. For Non-Commercial Use

Post by Enough »

Very nice for us nonprofits, thanks!
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

They've had free Community editions for years now, now?
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

VS has had a free version since at least 2008. Not that I want them to stop making them available.
There is no hug button. Sad!