Psychonauts free!

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Pyperkub

Psychonauts free!

Post by Pyperkub »

For one more day.

RPS article
As one of the last hoorah’s of Humble’s End of Summer Sale, the store is currently offering Tim Schafer’s classic mind-entering platform game Psychonauts absolutely free.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Daehawk

Re: Psychonauts free!

Post by Daehawk »

Already own it. Never played it though. Not sure why back in the day. I think I was turned off by the view. Preferred my RPGs to be overhead back then. But the story looks like a cool sci-fi one.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote:Already own it. Never played it though. Not sure why back in the day. I think I was turned off by the view. Preferred my RPGs to be overhead back then. But the story looks like a cool sci-fi one.
Just to clarify, it's not an RPG. It's a platform game that incorporates quintessential Tim Schafer adventure elements and humour.

If you ever enjoyed the humour of Full Throttle, chances are you'd likely also enjoy Psychonauts.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Anonymous Bosch wrote:
Daehawk wrote:Already own it. Never played it though. Not sure why back in the day. I think I was turned off by the view. Preferred my RPGs to be overhead back then. But the story looks like a cool sci-fi one.
Just to clarify, it's not an RPG. It's a platform game that incorporates quintessential Tim Schafer adventure elements and humour.

If you ever enjoyed the humour of Full Throttle, chances are you'd likely also enjoy Psychonauts.
Yeah, while you do accumulate new abilities/powers as the game goes on, that's it. they just accumulate.

It's a ton of fun (though the meat circus level at the end has a very, very steep difficulty jump). Can't recommend highly enough if you like platformers and are ok with the somewhat dated graphics (it is an original xbox game, after all). the artwork is still cool, as are the characters, sets, situations and gameplay. I loved just wandering around Whispering Rock searching for arrowheads. THere is a level up bit with the arrowheads and psi, but it's fun, and you don't really notice it (or at least I didn't notice it - never felt like I was grinding).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.