Free Ubisoft Games World in Conflict and AC Black Flag

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

jztemple2

Free Ubisoft Games World in Conflict and AC Black Flag

Post by jztemple2 »

From an article published today on Gaming Nexus, Happy holidays! Here's some free stuff from Ubisoft!
Of all the giant, monolithic gaming companies that lord over our lives, I think that Ubisoft is my favorite. They just seem kinda cool.

To celebrate the holiday season, Ubisoft is giving away a couple of free games on PC as part of its Happy Playdays event. From today until Dec. 11th, everyone in the world can download the 2007 RTS game World in Conflict. Then from Dec. 11th – Dec. 18th we can all put on our pirate hats, because Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag will be free to download.

World in Conflict will include the Soviet Assault DLC. It looks like Black Flag will only include the base game, but hey, its free!

Details on how to download can be found here. Randy's 2007 review of World in Conflict can be found here (he liked it). And our original review of Black Flag can be found here. Happy holidays, and three cheers for free stuff!
Last edited by jztemple2 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Re: Free Ubisoft Games World in Conflict and AC BLack Flag

Post by Daehawk »

Both are really good games.. BF is one of the best ever. Thanks. i grabbed WiC. I own it but its some free CD laying around that came with hardware. Already own BF on Uplay.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
YellowKing

Re: Free Ubisoft Games World in Conflict and AC Black Flag

Post by YellowKing »

Having played (at least partially) all of the AC games, Black Flag is still my favorite. Sunk 60+ hours into that one and probably could have kept going.
KDH

Post by KDH »

:wub: ... Just a reminder ... It's the start of "Get Black Flag for FREE" week

.. The Front page seems to work .. or use your Uplay App
Ain't nobody got time for that
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Thanks, grabbed it. Black Flag (just now) and Syndicate (from video card bonus) are the only two AC games I have. I played the start of Syndicate. It seemed pretty good, but I wasn't in the mood for that kind of game and I have yet to get back to it.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:54 pm Thanks, grabbed it. Black Flag (just now) and Syndicate (from video card bonus) are the only two AC games I have. I played the start of Syndicate. It seemed pretty good, but I wasn't in the mood for that kind of game and I have yet to get back to it.
I'm not seeing any way to get it for free. All of the links take me to either Steam ($20) or Amazon ($20). Am I missing something?
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

hentzau wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:49 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:54 pm Thanks, grabbed it. Black Flag (just now) and Syndicate (from video card bonus) are the only two AC games I have. I played the start of Syndicate. It seemed pretty good, but I wasn't in the mood for that kind of game and I have yet to get back to it.
I'm not seeing any way to get it for free. All of the links take me to either Steam ($20) or Amazon ($20). Am I missing something?
Do you have a UPlay account? Do you have UPlay installed? That's how I grabbed it. Once I loaded the app it was a banner across the screen, pretty impossible to miss.

I did not go to Ubisoft's website using a browser.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:03 pm
hentzau wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:49 pm
Do you have a UPlay account? Do you have UPlay installed? That's how I grabbed it. Once I loaded the app it was a banner across the screen, pretty impossible to miss.

I did not go to Ubisoft's website using a browser.
Yes, you do need the Uplay application on your PC. It's not a big deal, or it never has been for me for the several years I've had it.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Ditto. Uplay client is much more compact than Steam, and you don't need to keep either running. I just run it occasionally when I need to install something.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I never run it and only have 3 games on my account.

Ubisoft and I have had a difference of opinion in the past, so I tend to avoid their stuff.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Well, still not seeing it. I installed the uplay client, but can't find any way to grab the game. I'll have to just rely on my Xbox.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

hentzau wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:04 pm Well, still not seeing it. I installed the uplay client, but can't find any way to grab the game. I'll have to just rely on my Xbox.
Did you create an account?
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

jztemple2 wrote:
hentzau wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:04 pm Well, still not seeing it. I installed the uplay client, but can't find any way to grab the game. I'll have to just rely on my Xbox.
Did you create an account?
Yes. Apparently I already had an account.