Origin Access

Who knows what values lurk at the heart of the Bargain Bin?

Moderator: The Preacher

Daehawk
Snooze

Origin Access

Post by Daehawk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:50 am

Im not a member and have no plans to be at this time. In fact I want EA to go out of business. But some may like this and not know about it. Origin has a program called Origin Access where you pay $5 month I think it is and get access to a ton of EA games to play. You can play any of their 70+ offerings....ME Andromeda, Battlefield 1, Battlefront, Sims 4..whatever is there. Theres even a 7 day free trial right now.

My friend just told me about it tonight. He meant well and it was very kind of him to tell me about it but if it just wasn't EA Id be all over this. Trying to sell me on it with Andromeda is not the way to win me over :) But he is a great guy and its good for those who don't hate EA I guess so wanted to let you all know just in case.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

YellowKing

Re: Origin Access

Post by YellowKing » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:32 am

I did EA Access for consoles when it first came out, and for the price it wasn't a bad deal assuming you wanted to play EA games. I used it primarily for playing sports titles that I didn't want to actually pay for (Madden, FIFA, etc.)

I dropped it since I don't have time to play the AAA titles I want to play, much less older stuff on their service. However, in general the "game buffet" subscription services can be a good value depending on the library. I have also tried the PS Now services and the Xbox Game Pass service. The PS NOW library is really good, but the $20/month price is too rich for my blood. I did sign up for it for a bit to play a few JRPGs. The Xbox Game Pass library isn't up to snuff yet, so even though it's cheaper there's simply not a lot on there that interests me.

killbot737

Post by killbot737 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:58 am

I subbed to it for a month so that I could play the single player Titanfall 2 campaign. Saved me $Retail - $5. Other than that there wasn't any benefit to it from my pov. I could see the appeal for some people though.
There is no hug button. Sad!

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:37 pm

I do EA Access. I get my money's worth (it's only $30 a year) out of the sports games and other random titles that I decide to grab.
Hodor.