Boardgames sale on Amazon

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

hentzau

Post by hentzau »

“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
TheMix

Re: Boardgames sale on Amazon

Post by TheMix »

Gee... they have Massive Darkness. Didn't hepcat love that one? :ninja:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I saw this earlier and was surprised - it's not filled with crappy games. There are some really good deals in there.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Massive Darkness is underwhelming. :)
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
stessier

Post by stessier »

Thanks!

Picked up Five Tribes, Seven Wonders and Scotland Yard.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Zarathud wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:46 am Massive Darkness is underwhelming. :)
Not massive enough, or too massive?
Black Lives Matter.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Some good deals there. Unfortunately, I already have most of the ones I'd want that are on sale, expect for perhaps Transforming Mars.
Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

And I'm sitting on $700 in credit at my FLGS, so I'm not getting anything either.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hmmm. I've been thinking about getting Ticket to Ride to play with the family. They have Ticket to Ride Europe - I'd prefer the original (I'd rather the implicit geography lessons be of U.S. geography), but do I have $7 worth of preference for the original?
Black Lives Matter.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I actually prefer the European version to the US version. Obviously, the locations of the US version will be more familiar to most of us, but there are some added gameplay elements in the Europe version (tunnels, train stations) that make things more interesting, IMO.
Black Lives Matter
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Ticket to Ride: Europe also helps avoid putting off casual players who dislike any confrontation, partly because routes cannot be blocked on that map due to the stations (route-blocking tends to be par for the course with the base game, which can rub non-confrontational casual players the wrong way).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

NO deals on Gloomhaven! Thinking about the 2nd printing kickstarter, but the August delivery date has me wondering. Bah- stupid thing was 2017.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Lots of good deals there. I own most things that interest me but... I have been planning to buy "oh my goods" and getting it at $9 isn't too shabby.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:45 pm hmmm. I've been thinking about getting Ticket to Ride to play with the family. They have Ticket to Ride Europe - I'd prefer the original (I'd rather the implicit geography lessons be of U.S. geography), but do I have $7 worth of preference for the original?
Weird. I don't see TTR- Europe listed.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

TheMix wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:44 am Gee... they have Massive Darkness. Didn't hepcat love that one? :ninja:
Hentzau dumped his copy too, I believe. As z said, it’s underwhelming.

Spend your money on Star Trek Frontiers from that sale page. Much better investment.
Covfefe!
Anonymous Bosch

hepcat wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:28 pm Spend your money on Star Trek Frontiers from that sale page. Much better investment.
Amen. I much prefer Star Trek: Frontiers over the clunkier-themed Mage Knight. It makes for a top-notch solo game, too (Ricky Royal's video series does a splendid job of demonstrating the solo game).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Terrible price on Star Trek: Frontiers, unless I'm missing something. CSI has it for $56. Granted, if you can't find something to get you to free shipping, AND you have have Amazon Prime, then it might be worth getting it here... Maybe.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Odd, I could have sworn it was cheaper and with prime shipping earlier when I wrote that. :?
Covfefe!
Anonymous Bosch

hepcat wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:03 pm Odd, I could have sworn it was cheaper and with prime shipping earlier when I wrote that. :?
I believe you were correct. According to CamelCamelCamel, Amazon was selling Star Trek: Frontiers for $47.96, which is the lowest price they've ever had for it. But they're now out of stock, hence the higher third-party pricing.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Ahhhh... That makes a lot more sense. Thanks.

Black Lives Matter

YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I picked up The Godfather: Corleone's Empire for a historic low of $37 and change. I've had this one on my wish list for awhile, but never pulled the trigger since it's going to be a tough one to get to the table. Still, I absolutely love the theme and the minis, and the play through videos I've watched seem fun.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:53 pm NO deals on Gloomhaven! Thinking about the 2nd printing kickstarter, but the August delivery date has me wondering. Bah- stupid thing was 2017.
I am still trying to decide if I should play my second edition kickstarter Gloomhaven or sell it.

I did pick up Pandemic cheap in the sale as I want to practice up a bit before finally starting legacy season 1.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

FYI: Board Games are one of the Deals of the Day today.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Some good deals there. Nothing tempting me that I don't already have but good games.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Aeon's end War Eternal for $30
Gravwell for $20
Kingdomino for $12.50
Quest for El Dorado (Clank! Lite) for $20
7 Wonders for $28

El Dorado and 7 Wonders tempt me. I already have the others, just highlighting them. Almost pulled the trigger on 7 Wonders, but I am sure I can grab it used for less in November.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I’m tempted by Imperial Settlers for $27. Cheapest price ever on Amazon per Camel^3.
Black Lives Matter
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Picked up 7 Wonders for us and Pandemic Legacy Season 2 for a friend's birthday.

:horse:
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Gloomhaven is currently $103 on Amazon.