2 Interesting Military Surplus Items I Bought Recently

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Kasey Chang

2 Interesting Military Surplus Items I Bought Recently

Post by Kasey Chang »

Recently I bought two military surplus items as I thought I needed them and they look interesting. One was somewhat of a disappointment, while the other was definitely a bargain.

1) Revision Military Sawfly Eyewear system: $12.50 from Swisslink

A new set goes for $80-120 though they can be found for $30-40 on eBay. This one is "gently used". I got all three lenses (clear, gray, yellow), a satchel, a belt semi-hard carrier, but no head strap like a genuine one. It's one heck of a bargain... If it fits my head. It didn't. *sigh* This is one heck of a set of glasses, with adjustable arms, and one can order RX carrier so you can fit prescription glasses inside. However, it seems this is regular size, and I need "large"... So I can't wear this. *sigh* Guess this one will stay on my shelf.

2) Finnish Wool Jacket, Used, 2XL: $13.50 from Swisslink

This is a Finnish version of M1965, with peak lapels rather than zipped collars and compatible hood. Similar pockets, and it's thick wool with hidden button closures. Heck, I doubt I can find a jacket of this quality this cheap at a thrift store. I don't own that many jackets and this gray jacket is a good addition to my wardrobe.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
hitbyambulance

Re: 2 Interesting Military Surplus Items I Bought Recently

Post by hitbyambulance »

As a military surplus collector, this is relevant to my interests. I have that same Finnish wool jacket- purchased last year when it was $20. Got the matching trousers as well.

The Austrian combat boots for $13 are a good buy. They were very well used and somewhat abused, but are comfortable and still look good.

Best ever was the wool Romanian long coat. Incredible deal for $17!