Destiny 2 - free until Nov 18 [PC]

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Jag

Destiny 2 - free until Nov 18 [PC]

Post by Jag »

Activision is celebrating the PC release of Destiny 2 by offering the game free for a limited time, game director Steve Cotton announced today.

Cotton made the announcement during Blizzard’s pre-show at this year’s BlizzCon festival. Those who download the game between today and November 18th will be able to keep it forever. All you have to do is claim it. The free version of Destiny 2 will also come with a free gift that players will be able to grab, too. All you need to download the game is a Battle.Net account.

Players will be able to download the base version of this game, giving them the original eight-hour campaign and a level of 20. Players will also have access to the original Leviathan raid, and the Crucible multiplayer mode. Players will not get access to the most recent expansion, Forsaken, meaning they’ll have to cough up an additional $40. It’s not a bad bet for Activision, which is looking to grow Destiny 2’s player base.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/2/1805 ... activision
Might check it out for the solo content. Never played it.
TheMix

Re: Destiny 2 - free until Nov 18 [PC]

Post by TheMix »

The story was kind of fun. The visuals are fantastic. But the game quickly wore out it's welcome once the "grind" hit after the story was over.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Must be a thing. I bought a PS4 game online and it showed up with a free copy of Destiny 2 thrown in. Still in the shrink wrap. And I have friends who played the first one to death and are still playing this one almost every time I crank up the PS4. :?
-mf
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Free is tough to resist. I grabbed it and played a level or two of it. Was smooth to play, but pretty boring to me. Might play some more, but no chance I'll ever be grinding this game, nor picking up the expansion. But free is fun.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Paid full price when it came out of near bouts. Maybe a little sale.Cant recall. I barely touched it. The first was just ok but this one held nothing for me. Maybe Ill try again one day.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Son loaded up Battle.net and found Destiny 2 sitting there for free.

I'm not sure I have enough room for it no the drives. Man son will literally sit staring at our game libraries and then download and play like 5 games in a single session, repeating it with 5 different games the next day. It's only a matter of time before he tries to simply install all 400+ games we have between us, at the same time.
I'll still grab it and install it, since that is often the only way to "keep" these freebies, plus he wants to try it so what the hell.

That means it's harddrive spring cleaning time, which is getting harder and harder to do.
Jag

Post by Jag »

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:52 pm Son loaded up Battle.net and found Destiny 2 sitting there for free.

I'm not sure I have enough room for it no the drives. Man son will literally sit staring at our game libraries and then download and play like 5 games in a single session, repeating it with 5 different games the next day. It's only a matter of time before he tries to simply install all 400+ games we have between us, at the same time.
I'll still grab it and install it, since that is often the only way to "keep" these freebies, plus he wants to try it so what the hell.

That means it's harddrive spring cleaning time, which is getting harder and harder to do.
Large HDs are insanely cheap these days. Keep an eye out for one on Black Friday as a storage solution.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Jag wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:54 pm Large HDs are insanely cheap these days. Keep an eye out for one on Black Friday as a storage solution.
Yep, and they have been for a long time. It's a 3 TB platter drive and a 500GB SSD. While it's true I could just buy more space, I'm annoyed that 3.5 TB is not enough space. Because it should be if my Son didn't treat 100GB games like they are comic books, to be leafed through and discarded in 10 minute intervals.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

GreenGoo wrote:100GB games like they are comic books, to be leafed through and discarded in 10 minute intervals.
We’re rapidly getting to that point.

With the insane current gen NVME SSD speeds, install times are trivial. Downloading a 100GB game is a different matter of course.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

free once more on PC, PS4 and Xbone

https://slickdeals.net/f/13418092-desti ... nload-free