Epic Games storefront: free titles

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Lassr

Re: Epic Games storefront: free titles

Post by Lassr »

jztemple2 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:56 pm
Lassr wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:28 pm I used the $10 coupon to pre-purchase Old World. Looks fun, from the maker of Civ IV.
Hey, you got your Crusader Kings in my Civilization game! :D

I've been pretty rigorous about avoiding Early Access so I don't burn out on an unfinished game. Any ideas on how long Old World is supposed to be in Early Access? I've looked at some videos and it looks promising.

UPDATE: I signed up for the Mohawk Games newsletter and I got a free Steam Key for Free Multiplayer Client for Offworld Trading Company. So just something to think about.
I could not find a release date. I usually don't play pre-release games, I just bought since I had the coupon. I'll wait to play.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:59 pm Now to search through all the 14.95 titles and see how best to abuse my coupon...
Is there a way to search the Epic store by price? I don't see any filter that does that.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Not that I could find. I'll probably pick myself out one title at $14.95 ($5 after the coupon) and let it sit at that. Something new for the yays, but without spending a lot.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Anyone played Ancestors? Good enough for the price of $5?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:38 pm Anyone played Ancestors? Good enough for the price of $5?
I bought it when it first came out and played it for 5 hours... it was an interesting experiment, but not a particularly interesting game for me. Memory is a little fuzzy at this point, but I think they took the "figure it out" thing too far. Navigation was a particular issue.

I've never gone back to it, but if they've done anything to deal with all that it might be worth it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I've been waiting for The Crew 2 to be dirt cheap and I finally bit at $5 after the $10 coupon. I might even play it some day.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Epic 'may' be offering partial refunds on games you buy that then suddenly go on sale.

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/211112/epic ... go-on-sale
A tweet from Joshua Boggs indicates Epic Games is now offering partial refunds to those who buy games from the Epic Games Store shortly before those games go on sale (thanks VG247). The store has not posted an official refund policy, but Joshua, who is founder of Studio MayDay, posted the following email he received after one of his recent purchases went on sale:

Hi Joshua,

You recently placed orders from the Epic Games Store. The price of the game(s) you purchased were recently lowered, so we are issuing partial refunds for the difference(s).
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/211131/epic ... s-revealed
Epic Game Store Refund Policy & Keyless Integrations Launch; Mod Marketplace & Achievement Plans Revealed [May 18, 2020, 7:54 pm ET] – 10 Comments
An update on the Epic Games Store has word on some changes coming to the shop. Following the revelation of partial refunds on game's purchased shortly before they go on sale they unveil their full Refund Policy, which includes self-service refunds within two weeks of purchasing a game played for under two hours. They also unveil keyless redemption deals with Fanatical, Green Man Gaming, and Genba Digital and new bandwidth management options. Finally, looking ahead, they unveil plans for a mods marketplace and an achievements system. Here's more on self-service refunds:

All games are eligible for a refund within 14 days of purchase for any reason. However, you must not have played more than 2 hours.

You will not be eligible for games from which you have been banned or for which you have otherwise violated the terms of service. In addition, you may not be eligible for refunds if Epic determines that you are abusing the refund policy.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Daehawk wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:18 am https://www.bluesnews.com/s/211131/epic ... s-revealed
Epic Game Store Refund Policy & Keyless Integrations Launch; Mod Marketplace & Achievement Plans Revealed [May 18, 2020, 7:54 pm ET] – 10 Comments
An update on the Epic Games Store has word on some changes coming to the shop. Following the revelation of partial refunds on game's purchased shortly before they go on sale they unveil their full Refund Policy, which includes self-service refunds within two weeks of purchasing a game played for under two hours. They also unveil keyless redemption deals with Fanatical, Green Man Gaming, and Genba Digital and new bandwidth management options. Finally, looking ahead, they unveil plans for a mods marketplace and an achievements system. Here's more on self-service refunds:

All games are eligible for a refund within 14 days of purchase for any reason. However, you must not have played more than 2 hours.

You will not be eligible for games from which you have been banned or for which you have otherwise violated the terms of service. In addition, you may not be eligible for refunds if Epic determines that you are abusing the refund policy.
Bluesnews is still a thing??

Edit: Holy shit. It hasn't updated at all. I love it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Still going strong. They actually just did a full revamp a few weeks ago so that mobile works right.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Jag wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:30 am Bluesnews is still a thing??
I've been religiously following BluesNews for many years but as the number of links per day has increased, my interesting in reading them all has decreased. I go now mostly for the headline gaming news and skip the rest.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Civilization 6 is free now on Epic. Thats $60 off :)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Daehawk wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:13 pm Civilization 6 is free now on Epic. Thats $60 off :)
And boom, another game that I already own on Steam :roll:. Still, I'll add it to my Epic library, just to encourage them to keep giving games away :D
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Lassr wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:10 pm
jztemple2 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:56 pm
Lassr wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:28 pm I used the $10 coupon to pre-purchase Old World. Looks fun, from the maker of Civ IV.
Hey, you got your Crusader Kings in my Civilization game! :D

I've been pretty rigorous about avoiding Early Access so I don't burn out on an unfinished game. Any ideas on how long Old World is supposed to be in Early Access? I've looked at some videos and it looks promising.

UPDATE: I signed up for the Mohawk Games newsletter and I got a free Steam Key for Free Multiplayer Client for Offworld Trading Company. So just something to think about.
I could not find a release date. I usually don't play pre-release games, I just bought since I had the coupon. I'll wait to play.
I picked up Old World just to use the coupon and get another one. I'm installing the game just to poke around with it.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:30 pm
Daehawk wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:13 pm Civilization 6 is free now on Epic. Thats $60 off :)
And boom, another game that I already own on Steam :roll:. Still, I'll add it to my Epic library, just to encourage them to keep giving games away :D
I don't own it. It's what finally got me to make an EPIC account (not out of any great lack of desire to create one, but they had nothing I wanted for free/priced better than anyone else). MechWarrior 5 was the only thing prior to now to remotely tempt me, and I'm not that tempted.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Zenn7 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:27 pm
jztemple2 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:30 pm
I don't own it. It's what finally got me to make an EPIC account
Same and thanks for the original heads up.

Edit: So how does DLC work? If I get the DLC at Steam, but have the main game from Epic, is there a way that it will work together?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

If I have never been able to grasp or enjoy any other 4X game, is there reason to think this one will be any different?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

stimpy wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:23 pm If I have never been able to grasp or enjoy any other 4X game, is there reason to think this one will be any different?
As someone who has never really been able to get over the 4X complexity hump (and has tried a ton of them), I’d say no.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Not to derail this conversation further down the rabbit hole of the strengths/weaknesses of different iterations of Civ, but I have loved Civ since 2, and yet all my other attempts to get into another 4x have failed, unless you count HoMM3. The closest I ever came again was Warlock. And by the way, I still play Civ at an embarrassingly low difficulty.
I have but one advocate.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I"m struggling to find anything to spend my $10 coupon on. Seems a shame to let it go to waste. All the major titles that I'm interested in I already own, so it would probably have to be some undiscovered indie gem I'm just not aware of.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

YellowKing wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:23 pm I"m struggling to find anything to spend my $10 coupon on. Seems a shame to let it go to waste. All the major titles that I'm interested in I already own, so it would probably have to be some undiscovered indie gem I'm just not aware of.
Same.

I might grab Outward for $5 (after the coupon), although it sounds like it’ll just be an exercise in frustration for me. The premise looks neat, but I’ve heard it’s punishingly difficult.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah Outward is tough. It gets easier with co-op help and the co-op is pretty good, but if you don't have that, It might be a good idea to pass on it.

Satisfactory and Subnautica Below Zero are both currently epic exclusives in early access and are basically the reasons I have an Epic account. Note that I haven't played either because early access, but if they are your kind of game they are probably worth it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Subnautica - Below Zero is one of my most anticipated games. The first one was so, so good.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:51 pm Subnautica - Below Zero is one of my most anticipated games. The first one was so, so good.
Yeah, I might as well buy it now and use the coupon and get another.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Almost forgot to grab this - last day!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I mean, really.
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Shoot and loot as you explore the mayhem-filled world of Pandora in BORDERLANDS 2 and the lunar madness of BORDERLANDS: THE PRE-SEQUEL in BORDERLANDS: THE HANDSOME COLLECTION.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Free DLC for me!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Sludge Life is also free right now. get it get it get it

and next week is Ark: Survival Evolved. sorry to spoil the surprise.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

hitbyambulance wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:35 pm and next week is Ark: Survival Evolved. sorry to spoil the surprise.
Hmm, I have it listed as "Ignored" on my Steam Store. Any opinions on the game from a solo player standpoint?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:26 pm
hitbyambulance wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:35 pm and next week is Ark: Survival Evolved. sorry to spoil the surprise.
Hmm, I have it listed as "Ignored" on my Steam Store. Any opinions on the game from a solo player standpoint?
It's certainly worth playing around with a bit for the price of free if you have any interest in the survival genre.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

[6/4 - 6/10]
Overcooked!

no ARK this week.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

[6/18 - 6/25]
Pathway

[6/26 - 7/1]
AER: Memories of Old
Stranger Things 3: The Game

Pathway looks like it could be my kinda thing - going to give that a try this weekend.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hitbyambulance wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:48 pm [6/18 - 6/25]
Pathway

[6/26 - 7/1]

Pathway looks like it could be my kinda thing - going to give that a try this weekend.
I was looking for this so I don't have to start up Epic and have update drag down my connection. When I didn't find it, I saw Escapist 2 is also kindasorta this week.

One such claim (which reads differently than when I read it this morning.

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-escapists-2 ... rom-today/

It now links to

The release of The Escapists 2 has been temporarily delayed.

We're currently investigating an issue and are working to find a resolution.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and will provide an update as soon as the game is available to claim.
(but thank for you for the weekly updates. I poke by every Thursday to see if I want to start up my Epic account)
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

[6/25 - 7/1]

[7/2 - 7/8]
Conan Exiles
HUE
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

[7/2 - 7/8]
HUE

[7/9 - 7/16]
Killing Floor 2
Lifeless Planet: Premier Edition
The Escapists 2

no idea what happened to Conan Exiles
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Awww crap. I was looking forward to that one.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

What happened to Conan.

Well... no. It doesn't actually answer that question. But it confirms something indeed happened and posits dongs. Personally, I think dongs would be too convenient. Epic have never shown themselves to be anti-dong in the past. Tencent, on the other hand....

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
naednek

Post by naednek »

Sudy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:52 am What happened to Conan.

Well... no. It doesn't actually answer that question. But it confirms something indeed happened and posits dongs. Personally, I think dongs would be too convenient. Epic have never shown themselves to be anti-dong in the past. Tencent, on the other hand....
They will have a field day when Cyberpunk comes out.

Speaking of that. BOOO i was going to preorder using my 10 megasale coupon, but because it was delayed again to November, it's past the valid date
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

They will have a field day when Cyberpunk comes out.
Too late...the Japanese beat them to it....

Thanks Blues

Cyberpunk 2077 Removing Phallic Symbols for Japan and Wall-Running for All
PC Gamer reveals that Cyberpunk 2077 will be censored in Japan, hearing from CD PROJEKT RED that the sci-fi RPG will remove nudity and "genital shaped objects." Word is: "the changes have been made in order to comply with the Japanese rating agency CERO's requirements. Instances of nudity will be covered up with underwear in Japan, including on the protagonist." Another thing that's being cut from the game in all regions is wall-running. This was previously shown off, but a recent article on GameReactor says this is being ditched. Level designer Max Pears explains they are apparently done banging their heads against the wall getting this to work:

"Ah, the wall running" Pears exclaimed, "that is something that we removed due to design reasons, but there's still going to be a lot of flexibility in how you move, that's for sure".
The Donginator does not care.....
Enlarge Image