RM9's R&P Forum Archives.

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

RunningMn9

RM9's R&P Forum Archives.

Post by RunningMn9 »

Alright, as a few of you know, I have had some threads stored on my hard drive for various topics that I've been involved in over the years. Here they are, hosted by NoxiousDog (thanks again). Some of these are of the "Ajaarg's Last Stand" variety (although not related to Ajaarg). I know the mods have previously allowed people to post links to that, so posting links to another poster's various "last" stands may or may not be verboten. They can advise/edit after the fact.

So here they are, in no particular order (they are all PDF files). Page counts represent the number of pages in the PDF file, not the number of pages in the original thread. I apologize in advance that none of the links in the PDF files actually work. They were a casualty of the archiving process I'm afraid.

Evolution:
For some reason, I only stored one thread on this topic, and it wasn't the one that I would have preferred to have stored. Hopefully Gebeker has that one.

GA School Board votes to allow Creationism in class... - 09.27.2002 - One of the many times that we've discussed one school board or another trying to add Creationism (in the form of Intelligent Design) into the Biology classroom. (290 pages)

Politics:
I don't have many threads on this topic, and most are from the tony72 era, very little of the current election nonsense.

Who will be the Democratic candidate for the 2004 Presidential Elections? -
11.02.2002 - TC Weidner predicted that it would be either Kerry or Edwards. Nice call. (107 pages)

America's Dirty Little Secret - 11.07.2002 - NoxiousDog starts an abortion debate. This thread includes at least one of the widely admired Guido_TKP pontifications on abortion. Good times. (122 pages)

You Are A Suspect - 11.14.2002 - More anti-Homeland Security propaganda. :) (46 pages)

Homeland Security passed by Senate - 11.19.2002 - Lots of hang-wringing over Homeland Security being the KGB and the like. (161 pages)

Official "State of the Union" Impressions Thread - 01.28.2003 - Believe it or not, this is one of the last times I actually enjoyed a political thread around those parts. What I thought was a very good conversation between The Nature Boy, Asharak and myself (primarily anyway). (193 pages)

Taxes: why doesn't anyone understand? - 05.02.2003 - This would have been more appropriately titled as "Taxes: why don't I understand?". Authored by tony72, ultimately this thread was locked after what Peacedog called the "most bizarre back and forth I think I've ever witnessed in a thread on these boards." Referring to tony72 and squire_sca of course (and not me, thankfully :)). (187 pages)

House GOP Ignores Bush on Child Tax Bill - 06.10.2003 - What started out as a debate on taxes and "the children" turned into a discussion where a variety of people tried to teach tony72 about taxation. Whether locked or not, I don't know. But the thread does end with stern warnings from Peacedog. (183 pages)

GWB on power grid, or Thank You, Captain Obvious - 08.15.2003 - A thread on, you guessed it, GWB's thoughts on the power grid. This thread ultimately descending into a gang beating of tony72, and was subsequently locked. (63 pages)

The Recall: A frank talk about illegal immigration - 08-19-2003 - This one only lasted 28 pages (in the PDF) before Simon had to lock it due to poor behavior on the part of tony72 and myself. Again, not proud. Although, I did note that tony72 indicated being from Illinois. Hmmm.... (28 pages)

Quinn Propaganda:
Here's where the majority of the topics in my archives are. Lots of different kinds of propaganda, but all related to Quinn in some way.

I am sorry - triggercut didn't lie - i feel ashamed... - 04.02.2002 - The earliest recorded Quinnian debate on GG, this was actually a continuation of the first thread. This was from back before GG understood my special brand of humor, and the original thread title "Triggercut lied to me" got me all kinds of grief. :) (41 pages)

A World Without Water - 08.25.2002 - A Smoove_B thread on water scarcity in the world. (121 pages)

Famine in Ethiopia worse now than in 1984 - 11.12.2002 - Ahhh, the good old days before Smoove_B went to work in the worst place in the entire world. Back when he could still post during the day. One of the many "you want to starve Africans!!" threads. (58 pages)

Why is the US more free - 04.03.2003 - One of the early discussions on "work" and the HG lifestyle. The first of the neuron/RM9 clashes, as I recall. (223 pages)

Do we have a responsibility to not over-populate? - 05.15.2003 - zekester makes the mistake of posting about population. :) (384 pages of Quinnian Goodness)

Do we have a responsibility not to overpopulate? Continued... - 05.28.03 - The other 179 pages of the previous thread. The first portion is mostly banter between tony72 and I (although at the end it was more ganging up on tony72). But tony72 went quiet for this part of the thread, and Pfwfp showed up for a *very* interesting conversation. Interesting to me anyway. :) (179 pages)

The Rise of Neolithic Agriculture - 06.09.2003 - Unfortunately this was something of a research thread, which relied heavily on links that no longer work. (75 pages)

Seniors...we made it! - 06.23.2003 - Our first serious foray into the Education System(tm). (268 pages)

The Education System(tm), Part Deux... - 07.01.2003 - Continuation of the "Seniors...we made it!" thread. (87 pages)

Maybe we won't burn up earth just yet - 10.02.2003 - More optimism, this time on the cheap energy front. (196 pages)

What the? This should be good for an environmental flame war or two... 12.11.2003 - QP was right, this was good for an evironmental flame war. (125 pages)

Is this for real? Anybody else hear of this? - 12.13.2003 - This starts out as a religious thread, but we hijacked that at some point to discuss whether or not humans are "flawed". My patience wins out over hepcat1's patience. :) (78 pages)

Michael Crichton's Environmentalism - 12.16.2003 - I don't know whether or not this is the whole thread, as this is very short for a Quinn thread... (11 pages)

More thoughts on Crichton's Environmentalism speech... - 12.30.2003 - My followup to the previous thread. (100 pages)

Overpopulation Threads - Have you changed your mind? Lurkers VERY Welcome - 12.30.2003 - NoxiousDog attempts to get a roll-call of our secret followers. Arguments ensue. (240 pages)

Good news regarding overpopulation - 04.19.2004 - I don't know if it turned out to be good news or not - but neuron was optimistic. :) (22 pages)

Working for a living - 04.21.2004 - One of the many discussions about the nature of "work". (214 pages)

A Few more Thoughts on Work and Capitalism... - 05.05.2004 - The title of the thread is descriptive enough. This was a followup thread. (113 pages)

Globalization - 05.10.2004 - Our attentions turns to the globalization debate. (27 pages)

Religion:
This is another area where I didn't save nearly as many threads as I would have liked. Whether or not I intentionally failed to archive the one particular thread where Grifman pwn3d me or not, we'll never know. :)

I'm the first mammal to wear pants - 10.15.2002 - This actually looks more like an evolution thread. But I'm too lazy to move it around. (62 pages)

Evidence for Jesus found? - 10.21.2002 - There is some more Grifman pnwage in here, but not the one that caused Smoove_B to turn into the Dukes of Hazzard narrator. I lost that one. (200 pages)

I met someone on the train and all I got was this 96 reply thread about god - 12.25.2002 - DragonFyre puts up a rant on spirituality and gets dismayed that it turned into a thread on Free Will vs. Determinism. kitridge vs. RM9, Round 1. (129 pages)

I'm a tortured man... - 01.07.2003 - My vain search for the "A Pale Blue Dot" thread turns into kitridge vs. RM9, Round 2. For what it's worth, this thread contains what I am convinced is the longest post in GoneGold history. I originally wrote it in MS Word, and it was something like 40 pages long. I routinely see pretenders to the throne, though. (340 pages)

The Fall (and Rise and Subsequent Re-Fall) of tony72:
These are just some other threads I had floating around, pertaining to tony72 and his subsequent incarnations.

stupidity in action - 08.20.2003 - An appropriately named thread started by tony72 for the purpose of explaining English to Trent Steel. Amid continued accusations of being a troll, the thread is locked. (6 pages)

Locked Threads - 08.20.2003 - This was a thread started by Guido_TKP in response to a rash of locked threads on the day that tony72 left our ranks. Ironically, this thread about locking threads was ultimately locked. Not a thread I'm particularly proud of, but a piece of history nonetheless. (37 pages)

Liars, Damn Liars, and a GG Moderator - 06.15.2004 - The return of tony72 (as tony73, admitting that he was TylerDurden). He also promises to return in this thread....I wonder if he's still here posting under a different name? (26 pages)

That's all I got - except for the link I posted in EBG. :)
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range