It's good to have a woman

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

The Mad Hatter

It's good to have a woman

Post by The Mad Hatter »

That's what I was thinking as I drove home this morning. A nice, normal woman who will be smiling at you if you both happen to wake up at 2 AM. Someone you can do things with, who doesn't judge, and doesn't expect you to change who you are to suit her needs. I'm tired of psychos and I'm tired of looking for that mythical "one" who is compatible in every way. I'm going to try to make this work.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
godhugh
Forum Admin

Post by godhugh »

You're in loooooooovvveeee :P
To my Wife:

"Life's only life with you in this song" -Whistles the Wind, Flogging Molly

Not to my Wife:

- "When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for his life."
Quipp

Post by Quipp »

Someone you can do things with, who doesn't judge, and doesn't expect you to change who you are to suit her needs.
Yeah, good luck on that. :wink:
DiscoJason

Re: It's good to have a woman

Post by DiscoJason »

The Mad Hatter wrote:A nice, normal woman who will be smiling at you if you both happen to wake up at 2 AM.
If me and my wief wake up at 2 AM, it's because there is a baby screaming. No smiles would be exchanged.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Sounds good. Can I trade in my current model for one of those?
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

It's good to have a good woman :wink:
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Why stop at one?
The Mad Hatter

Post by The Mad Hatter »

godhugh wrote:You're in loooooooovvveeee :P
Nah, it takes longer than three months for me to fall in love. I'm in like, with affection thrown in.
- George Orwell
Hetz

Re: It's good to have a woman

Post by Hetz »

DiscoJason wrote:
The Mad Hatter wrote:A nice, normal woman who will be smiling at you if you both happen to wake up at 2 AM.
If me and my wief wake up at 2 AM, it's because there is a baby screaming. No smiles would be exchanged.
Ugh...been there....and currently going through it again. :?
Two Sheds

Post by Two Sheds »

Yeah yeah, I'm sure it's just dandy. Rub it in my face, why don't you?

Nah, actually I'm quite enjoying being single at the moment. So I've got that going for me. At least, that's what I'm going to tell myself.
Famine and death and pestilence and war-
I'm pretty sure I heard this one before
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Kael

Post by Kael »

Course its good to have a woman. Who else is gonna clean all the dirty dishes?
Two Sheds

Post by Two Sheds »

Girls - to do the dishes
Girls - to clean up my room
Girls - to do the laundry
Girls - and in the bathroom
Girls - that's all I really want is girls
Two at a time - I want girls
With new wave hairdos - I want girls
I ought to whip out my - girls, girls, girls, girls, girls!
Famine and death and pestilence and war-
I'm pretty sure I heard this one before
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I was admittedly groggy at the time, but I think my wife woke me up in the middle of the night last night to ask me to take her to the hospital as she ws sure her appendix was rupturing. Unfortunately for her, I just rolled over and fell back asleep. Was it a dream or did I wake up next to a dead wife? Stay tuned...

~Neal[/list]
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Veloxi

Post by Veloxi »

Good luck, hatter! Just make sure that you know it's okay to argue, and that you both should learn to juggle time between things you enjoy doing together and things you enjoy doing apart.
funnygirl

Post by funnygirl »

The Meal wrote:I was admittedly groggy at the time, but I think my wife woke me up in the middle of the night last night to ask me to take her to the hospital as she ws sure her appendix was rupturing. Unfortunately for her, I just rolled over and fell back asleep. Was it a dream or did I wake up next to a dead wife? Stay tuned...

~Neal[/list]
:shock: !!!!!!???????!!!!!!! :shock:
Black Lives Matter
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Quipp wrote:
Someone you can do things with, who doesn't judge, and doesn't expect you to change who you are to suit her needs.
Yeah, good luck on that. :wink:
This is the second time I've posted this quote recently...

Some women say you can't change a man, but those women are quitters. When I met Homer he was loud, boorish and a slob. And now look at him. -- Marge Simpson
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

funnygirl wrote:
The Meal wrote:I was admittedly groggy at the time, but I think my wife woke me up in the middle of the night last night to ask me to take her to the hospital as she ws sure her appendix was rupturing. Unfortunately for her, I just rolled over and fell back asleep. Was it a dream or did I wake up next to a dead wife? Stay tuned...
:shock: !!!!!!???????!!!!!!! :shock:
Either she'll post and you'll know she's alive, or she won't and everyone will figure it out. Just relax, nosey.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
\/\/olverine

Post by \/\/olverine »

Why are you always making posts about your girl? :)
Crux

Post by Crux »

\/\/olverine wrote:Why are you always making posts about your girl?
Because its, like totally better than posting about killing cats?
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
\/\/olverine

Post by \/\/olverine »

Because its, like totally better than posting about killing cats?
Don't be an ass...
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Let's get this back on the right track, shall we?
That's my purse! I don't know you!
The Mad Hatter

Post by The Mad Hatter »

Veloxi wrote:Good luck, hatter! Just make sure that you know it's okay to argue, and that you both should learn to juggle time between things you enjoy doing together and things you enjoy doing apart.
I suck at arguing. I either don't care enough about the point and my attention wanders or I bottle up my real feelings. It's very rare for me to raise my voice.
- George Orwell
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

ImLawBoy wrote:Let's get this back on the right track, shall we?
I agree.

TTIWWP
The Evil Dead

Post by The Evil Dead »

Crowley's pics and everyone elses pics are always different (in a bad way :P). So in other words...

TTIWWP
Listen to the Eels
Veloxi

Post by Veloxi »

The Mad Hatter wrote:
Veloxi wrote:Good luck, hatter! Just make sure that you know it's okay to argue, and that you both should learn to juggle time between things you enjoy doing together and things you enjoy doing apart.
I suck at arguing. I either don't care enough about the point and my attention wanders or I bottle up my real feelings. It's very rare for me to raise my voice.
You know what? I'm the exact same way. I HATE ARGUING. I'd always try to avoid it, bottle it up, or just get it over with. Let me tell ya, though, (and it took me years to figure this out) that it's SO MUCH BETTER to actually argue the point through (if possible, some women don't allow this) then to avoid it. If your attention wanders, or you bottle it up, you'll just piss 'em off more. Besides, if you work it through and argue the point through as much as possible, that makes the make-up sex that much better. :) Good luck!
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Can we make the safe assumption that because you found the time to post two Gremlin Gazettes for the GGNL today that she is, at least, not corpsified?

- Ash
Lee

Post by Lee »

Why do I have this feeling that Ash has spent the day trying to find some sign that she is still alive? Have you looked up the number for the Longmont, CO police yet Ash? ;)
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
geezer

Post by geezer »

Is this the opposite dimensional sibling of the "why am I in a strip club" thread?
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Lee wrote:Why do I have this feeling that Ash has spent the day trying to find some sign that she is still alive?
Dude, check the time on my post. I didn't even see this until almost 7 pm this evening. So I've only been worried sick for the last two hours.

Minus the time I spent watching Enterprise and BS:G, that is. So, more like fifteen minutes. And I was already sick before I found out about this, so you can take that part out too.

Really, I'm figuring Meal's probably got things under control. But just in case, Google is your friend. ;)

- Ash
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Oh, and can I get some kind of prize (or an explanation) for noticing this, please: check out the "Last edited by" line at the bottom of either of The Meal's posts in this thread. They both read precisely the same:
Last edited by John Titor on Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Gu-hunh? Again, Google is my friend, but still... hunh?

- Ash
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Asharak wrote:Oh, and can I get some kind of prize (or an explanation) for noticing this, please: check out the "Last edited by" line at the bottom of either of The Meal's posts in this thread. They both read precisely the same:
Last edited by John Titor on Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Gu-hunh? Again, Google is my friend, but still... hunh?
Damn, I suck. That took a good ten minutes of my life to figure out. I'm so breaking a Gremlin tomorrow night for that!

- Ash
Odin

Post by Odin »

Asharak wrote:Damn, I suck. That took a good ten minutes of my life to figure out. I'm so breaking a Gremlin tomorrow night for that!

- Ash
I guess I suck even more, as I haven't the vaguest clue as to how to even begin figuring that out. Care to share?

Sith
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Sith Lord wrote:I guess I suck even more, as I haven't the vaguest clue as to how to even begin figuring that out. Care to share?
1- you hit up Google for the first result on a search about John Titor, which reveals that he's some sort of science fiction time travelling guy.

2- you check the Member List to make sure that it isn't actually the nick of someone registered on the forums. Its not.

3- you start checking other posts to see what's up, and quickly realize that all of Meal's posts, but no one else's, have precisely the same comment.

4- you find a post by Neal that he actually edited himself, and notice that when he does so, the font for the editing comment is actually slightly larger than the John Titor line.

5- you slap yourself on the forehead as you realize that what you're looking at is Neal's smartass sig.

- Ash

PS> Or, you could just skip right to 5 if you happen to have more brain cells than me, but that's the way I went about it. Oh, and I had a little help from Greg's Angel and DoubleG, too. :)
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

~Neal[/list]
It must have been a dream. I'm guessing if it were real and her appendix had burst, you wouldn't be posting on the internet because either she or you would be dead.