[WW] - Wings were clipped, not gonna fly!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:Ok last question to figure out:

The assassin does his taking out a player during the day time: does it take the place of a lynching and we proceed to nightfall? Or does it take place and then a lynching takes place?
The day hunter kill has always been in addition to the lynching. Can only be used before majority is reached or that day's chance has been missed. Its your game though so....
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

in all honesty since this is my first game, I do not want to get extremely exotic...hence will probably follow the "in addition" route. Just wanted to get a sense of where folks are.
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

Ok, ok... Your thread keeps staring at me with puppy-big eyes. I'm IN.
Follow me as I make films at: xterminatingangel.com
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you."--Muse, 'Knights Of Cydonia'
Fear the Wiki!
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Newcastle wrote:The assassin does his taking out a player during the day time: does it take the place of a lynching and we proceed to nightfall? Or does it take place and then a lynching takes place?
If it takes the place of lynching, it adds no value, but merely places all votes in the hands of one player.

Ordinarily, the extra kill is an extra turn (i.e., it doesn't trigger nightfall).
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

PR_GMR wrote:Ok, ok... Your thread keeps staring at me with puppy-big eyes. I'm IN.
ah, well, i have learned many a tricks from observing dogs...the art of appearing helpless and pulling on heartstrings has been one of my biggests coups!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Newcastle wrote:The assassin does his taking out a player during the day time: does it take the place of a lynching and we proceed to nightfall? Or does it take place and then a lynching takes place?
If it takes the place of lynching, it adds no value, but merely places all votes in the hands of one player.

Ordinarily, the extra kill is an extra turn (i.e., it doesn't trigger nightfall).
ok then i think will go with it not triggering nightfall.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Austin wrote:Also, Chaos was setting up a game.
So was triggercut.
You guys can let mine die a quiet death. It's back on page >4 I think.

I mainly wanted to keep the WW games alive.

With Remus running one while I was still waiting for signup, Grund running the last and the current, triggercut, Newcastle, and Austin prepping mine is extraneous as best.

But yes, I think with the smaller focused group we have for these games One at a Time is best. Perhaps set up to start when the old game finishes should be considered standard?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

or just don't jump the shark with your rule set. :wink:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:or just don't jump the shark with your rule set. :wink:
I thought it was humped the shark...oh my bad :lol:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

just giving this a friendly ole bump, looks like with Grund's game on pause...this one has achieved the green light to get going.

So whoever is interested do let me know.
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

Newcastle wrote:sign ups are more than welcome at this point...the game wont start till Grund's is in it's last stages or done....something along those lines.
Grunds game will be over in a night or two, we're getting to kill Remus and Chaoshilton shortly. :D

IN
The Saint
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

fyi to everyone the rule set has been established, unless there's a huge problem. So just need the warm bodies to get a rolling.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

st_dysan wrote:
Newcastle wrote:sign ups are more than welcome at this point...the game wont start till Grund's is in it's last stages or done....something along those lines.
Grunds game will be over in a night or two, we're getting to kill Remus and Chaoshilton shortly. :D

IN
Grund's game is on hold for two weeks and killing me is a mistake which ever side you are on. I am an innocent so the village suffers, I am suspicious so the Slayers cause may suffer as they could use me to get that last key lynch if they work it right.
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

Remus West wrote:
st_dysan wrote:

IN
Grund's game is on hold for two weeks and killing me is a mistake which ever side you are on. I am an innocent so the village suffers, I am suspicious so the Slayers cause may suffer as they could use me to get that last key lynch if they work it right.
REELLLAAAXXXX.... just having fun
The Saint
Austin

Post by Austin »

Damn, plain old innocent villager again. :evil:

:ninja:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

st_dysan wrote:
Remus West wrote:Grund's game is on hold for two weeks and killing me is a mistake which ever side you are on. I am an innocent so the village suffers, I am suspicious so the Slayers cause may suffer as they could use me to get that last key lynch if they work it right.
Besides, Nade and st_dysan aren't sure they can get you lynched... I mean, I told them we needed to kill you, but would they listen? Oh no, of course not.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

i'll play
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

st_dysan wrote:
Remus West wrote:
st_dysan wrote:

IN
I need to be consistant with my winkys I think, I was just poking back at you. :D
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

cross-game pollination...interesting, quite interesting.

Ok need 8 more folks who are willing to partake then we take this dog & Pony show on the road.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

so how i can get a few others roped into this societal experiment? Any ideas?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I think I need to withdraw from this game. I leave Thursday for a week and will only have sporadic access at best during that time.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Remus West wrote:I think I need to withdraw from this game. I leave Thursday for a week and will only have sporadic access at best during that time.
So you miss half the first day...
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:I think I need to withdraw from this game. I leave Thursday for a week and will only have sporadic access at best during that time.
gotcha remus
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

I'm not joining this game until it get's it's own forum!
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

Join, then we can kill ya on the first night, sort of a pregame, arranged sacrificing of the virgin.

wow i think i just threw up a little
The Saint
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

st_dysan wrote:
Join, then we can kill ya on the first night, sort of a pregame, arranged sacrificing of the virgin.

If you want to do that we are going to need to get Grenard in here.
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

Remus West wrote:
st_dysan wrote:

+1
The Saint
Austin

Post by Austin »

st_dysan wrote:
Remus West wrote:
st_dysan wrote:

+1
Wasn't Mortis contemplating a trip out to CO. Better get this plan in action soon!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

well, i think i am going to keep on tryin to get people till the end of the week via a daily bump.

If we dont get more people what do you folks think we should do? Start it with 8 people and shorten it to 1 slayer and 1 seer? Or should I call it?
Austin

Post by Austin »

My guess is a lot of people are burnt out. Give it some time.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

OK am not a fan of bumpings, so will only do it once more, unless we get a steam of momentum here. Most likely seeing our current course due to the lack of players, I am most likely going to cancel this one. Thanks though for those who did sign up.