Republican campaign staff crime wave! (latest 2/21)

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Mr. Fed

Republican campaign staff crime wave! (latest 2/21)

Post by Mr. Fed »

Y'all will recall one of Giuliani's state campaign reps being arrested for cocaine distribution.

Don't count McCain out, though. Surprisingly, he still has campaign staffers, they haven't all resigned.

One, though, has started a jobs program.
State Rep. Bob Allen was arrested Wednesday afternoon at a local park after offering to perform a sex act on an undercover officer in exchange for $20, police said.

Allen, R-Merritt Island, was booked into the Brevard County jail in Sharpes on a charge of solicitation to commit prostitution, a second-degree misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in the county jail and a $500 fine.
Allen is just showing the sort of business spirit that makes the party great.
Titusville police were at Veteran's Memorial Park on East Broad Street on a burglary detail when they noticed an unshaven man acting suspicious, going in and out of the restroom three times, said Lt. Todd Hutchinson.

An undercover officer decided to go into one of the bathroom stalls, Hutchinson said. Moments later, Allen knocked on the stall door and offered to perform oral sex on the officer for $20, according to the police spokesman.
And ... wait for it ...
Allen told a television reporter that what happened was a "misunderstanding."

No, no, wait...am I going to pay you, or you pay me?

He's McCain's Florida campaign chair.
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

Oh .. and from the AP, dramatic convention is satisfied:
The lawmaker had sponsored a failed bill that would have tightened the state's prohibition on public sex.
Mr Random

Post by Mr Random »

Doesn't this fall under the heading (sic) of research?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Don't blow him off, he's McCain's head man!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Mr Random

Post by Mr Random »

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Even better -- check out what his recreational interests are (according to the Florida HoR website).

Hi-larious.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

Smoove_B wrote:Even better -- check out what his recreational interests are (according to the Florida HoR website).

Hi-larious.
:lol:
Enough

Post by Enough »

Smoove_B wrote:Even better -- check out what his recreational interests are (according to the Florida HoR website).

Hi-larious.
Oh my dear. :lol:
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Enough

Post by Enough »

And the crime wave continues...
he exposed himself in front of a female employee and chased her around the room yelling "Suck it, baby, suck it." It is unclear whether or not there was physical contact. She filed a personnel complaint.

In a one-sentence letter to House Speaker Joe Hackney, the two-term Republican lawmaker from Stanly County immediately resigned his seat representing the 67th House District.
He should have talked to Bob Allen and made 20 bucks.

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

He was going to pay in order to give a blow-job? How come I can't find any women like that?
RLMullen

Post by RLMullen »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:He was going to pay in order to give a blow-job? How come I can't find any women like that?
Because women aren't stupid, and men are??
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

What the HELL is going on out there?

Good lord.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Trent Steel wrote:What the HELL is going on out there?

Good lord.
+1. I can't comprehend.
Your ad here.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Enough wrote:And the crime wave continues...
he exposed himself in front of a female employee and chased her around the room yelling "Suck it, baby, suck it." It is unclear whether or not there was physical contact. She filed a personnel complaint.

In a one-sentence letter to House Speaker Joe Hackney, the two-term Republican lawmaker from Stanly County immediately resigned his seat representing the 67th House District.
He should have talked to Bob Allen and made 20 bucks.
I think these might be different problems. This sounds like a staff wave crime.
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Not to be a stiff, but I find both of these reports hard to swallow.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Mr Random

Post by Mr Random »

Almond, 59, took his House seat in the 2005 session and was re-elected last fall, representing Stanly County and parts of Montgomery and Union counties. He is a vice chairman of the House committee on children, youth and families.
:shock:
Hiccup

Post by Hiccup »

..so..many...inuendos...
"...I am vigorously going to fight this,"
. "I am not resigning my office because the people elected me and want me to do a good job. I am going to do a good job for them... in finishing this term."
an ugly and unpleasant situation that has been thrust on me...
He choked up when he thanked backers who had contacted him to offer their support.
Allen was seen coming in and out of a restroom three times
"Adam was but human - this explains it all. He did not want the apple for the apple's sake, he wanted it only because it was forbidden. The mistake was in not forbidding the serpent; then he would have eaten the serpent."
-- Mark Twain .

XBL: Hiccup1
Holman

Post by Holman »

I heard he has been lobbying hard against a quick pullout.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Mr Random

Post by Mr Random »

Party like it's 1951
Coy Privette, a retired Baptist pastor, conservative lawmaker and outspoken advocate for Christian groups, was charged Thursday with paying a 32-year-old Salisbury prostitute for sex acts.

The 74-year-old Cabarrus County commissioner was arrested at his home in Kannapolis early Thursday. He appeared before a Rowan County magistrate on six misdemeanor charges and was released on a promise to appear in court Aug. 22. He did not return e-mail messages or calls to his cell and home phones, and no one answered the door at his Kannapolis home.

Privette, a prominent Republican with a 30-year career, is one of the state's most vocal opponents of alcohol sales and legal gambling. He also serves on the State Baptist Convention of North Carolina and as president of the Christian Action League of North Carolina.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The Bob Allen update
State Representative Bob Allen told police he was intimidated and just playing along when an undercover officer suggested the lawmaker give him $20 and oral sex in a public restroom.
Intimidated? Into oral sex? That's a good one.
Allen indicates he was scared when approached in the Veterans Memorial Park men's room. He said --quote-- "This was a pretty stocky black guy, and there was nothing but other black guys around in the park."
Sharpton in 3...2...1...
Enough

Post by Enough »

Smoove_B wrote:The Bob Allen update
State Representative Bob Allen told police he was intimidated and just playing along when an undercover officer suggested the lawmaker give him $20 and oral sex in a public restroom.
Allen indicates he was scared when approached in the Veterans Memorial Park men's room. He said --quote-- "This was a pretty stocky black guy, and there was nothing but other black guys around in the park."
Sharpton in 3...2...1...
Wow, he's really doing a Heck of a Job (tm) defending himself there. His PR people are tops baby!

Mr Random

Post by Mr Random »

It's sad to see how Republican loyalty to their own party members has fallen these past few years.

Whatever happened to the days when they would back up someone like Maui Rep. Brian Blundell even after he groped an undercover officer in a public park men's room?
Ertic

Post by Ertic »

Make sure you dont go into the bathroom at the next GOP convention!
Mr. Sparkle

Post by Mr. Sparkle »

New Republican Slogan:

Get sex offenders our streets, and put them in Congress where they belong!
My blog: Chimpanzee Tea Party

"Osama Bin Laden can suck my insouciance." -Kung Fu Monkey
Hamsterball_Z

Post by Hamsterball_Z »

The Democrats are behind this, I just know it. They've got a sex ray and an epilepsy ray!
(HBZ)
ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

Ertic wrote:Make sure you dont go into the bathroom at the next GOP convention!
Minneapolis/St Paul, 2008. Those assholes better stay out of my bars.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

ChrisGwinn wrote:
Ertic wrote:Make sure you dont go into the bathroom at the next GOP convention!
Minneapolis/St Paul, 2008. Those assholes better stay out of my bars.
For entertainment that week, go to The Gay 90s and play spot-the-Republican-conventioneer.
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

Smoove_B wrote:The Bob Allen update
Sharpton in 3...2...1...
Well, they've already convinced their base that black men are pathologically sexually aggressive towards white women. How hard would it be to convince them that they're sexually aggressive towards white Republican men as well?

Here's the police report, by the way.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Maybe he was just "polling his constituency?"
Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?
Enough

Post by Enough »

Apparently the freshly elected head of the Young Republicans, Glenn Murphy, has been forced to step down due to allegedly giving a do not want BJ to sleeping man after a Young Republicans function. After having every mention of him scrubbed from the national Young Republicans site he penned a why I stepped down letter that is almost as bad at saving face as scary stocky black guy remarks. He makes no mention of the investigation in the letter at all. Amazingly this isn't the first time he has been in trouble for such thing. Read the fun here.

Holman

Post by Holman »

OMG there's more, this time among the Michigan Young Republicans...
The former head of the Michigan Federation of Young Republicans admitted today that he sexually abused a colleague during a national convention here last summer.

Michael Flory, a 32-year-old attorney from Jackson, Mich., pleaded guilty to sexual battery on the day he was to stand trial for rape.

Flory gained some notoriety at age 18 when he gave a televised speech to the Republican National Convention in the Houston Astrodome in 1992. The Michigan Young Republicans' Web site once hailed him as "one of the rising stars of GOP politics in America" and declared that "Mike has earned a great name for himself."
The details are as tawdry as you would expect.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Enough wrote:head of the Young Republicans
Yes, I know, I'm a little child...
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Man this is almost getting ridiculous. I bet someone could write a heck of a psychology thesis on these guys.
ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

Mr. Sparkle

Post by Mr. Sparkle »

What is it with restrooms and Republicans? I've been in a fair number of restrooms, and personally they are pretty much the last place I would like to conduct "lewd conduct". I mean like, ew, and shit. Not to unduly disparage the fine state of Minnesota's public facilities.

For non-link clickers, apparently Republican Senator Larry Craig of Iowa pleaded guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct based on an attempt to get an undercover Minnesota police officer to do lewd things to/with him in an airport restroom. He calls it a "misunderstanding".
My blog: Chimpanzee Tea Party

"Osama Bin Laden can suck my insouciance." -Kung Fu Monkey
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Mr. Sparkle wrote:What is it with restrooms and Republicans? I've been in a fair number of restrooms, and personally they are pretty much the last place I would like to conduct "lewd conduct". I mean like, ew, and shit. Not to unduly disparage the fine state of Minnesota's public facilities.
Again in Minnesota! Looks like the GOP picked the right location for their convention. Maybe they should change their name from Grand Old Party to Circuit Party.
ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

Mr. Sparkle wrote:What is it with restrooms and Republicans? I've been in a fair number of restrooms, and personally they are pretty much the last place I would like to conduct "lewd conduct". I mean like, ew, and shit. Not to unduly disparage the fine state of Minnesota's public facilities.

For non-link clickers, apparently Republican Senator Larry Craig of Iowa pleaded guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct based on an attempt to get an undercover Minnesota police officer to do lewd things to/with him in an airport restroom. He calls it a "misunderstanding".
Now, let's be fair to Senator Craig. It's pretty obvious that access to anonymous homosexual sex in restrooms is very important to a large number of Republicans. As a prominent Republican who happened to be passing through our lovely metropolitan area, investigating the available possibilities is the considerate thing to do. Now the other Republicans know that airport bathroom is not a good place to go when they're in town for their 2008 convention.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Unreal. Any bets on which Republican lawmakers aren't closet homosexuals?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Sepiche wrote:Unreal. Any bets on which Republican lawmakers aren't closet homosexuals?
What kills me is that in their minds, having anonymous sex with strangers in public bathrooms is somehow better than being openly gay and possibly in a committed relationship with a same-sex partner.

It's a crazy society we live in.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rubbing his foot? Making hand gestures under the stall partition?

I can't keep up with gay code. I'm just going to visit public restrooms and yell out random phrases until I get an offer. Than I'll remember to avoid those phrases.

Me: (standing at urinal) "Lafayette, I have arrived!"

Guy standing next to me: "Oh, you want a Cleveland steamer, eh?"

Me: "Hell no, just testin' the waters." (leaves in a hurry)

2 minutes pass

Me: (reappearing at urinal next to previous guy) "Ummm...what's the 'steamer' part entail?"
Covfefe!