Battlestar Galactica will be...RENEWED for another season!!!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Battlestar Galactica will be...RENEWED for another season!!!

Post by $iljanus »

Yea! More BSG goodness
SCI FI Channel has ordered a second season of its hit series Battlestar Galactica, which has aired five episodes of its first season of 13 episodes. Details of the renewal—including which cast members will return, how many episodes will be produced and when the second season will commence—were still being worked out at press time.
Now I had heard rumors that a second season was in the works but this was the first definitive statement I've heard regarding a second season. Glad to see there's some sci-fi on the SciFi Channel.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
ChaoZ

Post by ChaoZ »

I've also read online that NBC is very interested in showing BSG on their network. I don't know how to take that news: although it will get a broader audience, broadcast networks tend to be overcritical and like to cancel shows at the drop of a hat.

Would there also be a censorship issue? Not that BSG is really racy or anything, but we do get to see quite a bit of Six.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

This is good news, I've seen the entire first season and I'm dying to see how a second season would go.
warning

Post by warning »

So apparently the concerns in this letter (dated 11/17) were unfounded:
It's come to our attention that many of you out there are so eager to see our show that you've decided to jump the line and get the episodes via the internet ahead of everyone patiently waiting in the US and Canada for the show to premiere in January. First of all, we're flattered and happy that you're so excited to see the new season of Battlestar Galactica and appreciate the support. However, beyond the fact that getting episodes over the internet is illegal it's also potentially very damaging to the show itself. You see, we need RATINGS which means we need eyeballs in front of TV screens that advertisers can measure. The more episodes get downloaded and digitally copied and passed along and copied again and passed along and copied yet again and passed along yet again, it creates a dangerous situation where a lot of people are watching and enjoying Galactica, but not seeing it when it counts -- namely on the air.

Please understand that in order to get picked up for a second season, we need good ratings in January, not silent, uncounted viewing in November. The more you copy the show and pass it along to your friends now, the more it potentially impacts our total audience in January. So while we admire your resourcefulness and appreciate your appetite for Galactica, we implore you to please refrain from downloading the episodes or sharing them in any way.

Thank you.
Ronald D. Moore & David Eick
Executive Producers
Kagath

Post by Kagath »

Scarily enough, that doesn't sound toooo condescending of the show pirates. I can understand how he wants the ratings as well. That's some good TV. Well, actually even though she is pretty hot the blonde chick needs to take a smaller part in future episodes. Her and the doctor get a little old to watch. Give me some action sequences instead.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Kagath wrote:Scarily enough, that doesn't sound toooo condescending of the show pirates. I can understand how he wants the ratings as well.
Just to play devil's advocate (I most certainly do not condone piracy); I wonder how many "Neilsen families" are engaged in TV piracy? It seems to me those would be the only ones that count. No matter how I choose to watch the show is really of no consequence, since my viewing habits are not counted.

About 20 years or so, my family was selected to keep a 2 week journal for Neilsen (hadn't heard from them since). At the time, video recorded TV shows were of similar concern. Neilsen simply asked us to record whatever we watched, however we watched it. It would seem to me that if the same were done today, shows illegally viewed over the internet could be counted as well (although they would be, in this case, statistically insignficant coming 2 months in advance of general release).

While those with set-top Neilsen boxes wouldn't log such things, the question remains: how many of those particular families are enaging in piracy? I don't know the answer, but I would imagine that these folks might be a little more "serious" about their viewing and conscious of such things.