EMachines Laptops

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

RookieCAF

EMachines Laptops

Post by RookieCAF »

Is EMachines out of the Laptop Biz? Did Gateway take over that end of their line or something?
~Rookie
My BF2 Stats
Jeff V

Re: EMachines Laptops

Post by Jeff V »

RookieCAF wrote:Is EMachines out of the Laptop Biz? Did Gateway take over that end of their line or something?
Yes, Gateway own them now.
RookieCAF

Post by RookieCAF »

Yea, But E-Machines was still selling Laptops until, I don't know when, even after they were absorbed. Guess Gateway wanted alll the laptop business under their branding :(
~Rookie
My BF2 Stats
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Sadly, e-machines no longer sells laptops. You can still buy a few of them at best buy. Gateway bought them and seems to have pretty much ruin their laptops. Gateway was selling some rebadged e-machines laptops (a rebadged 6805) but seems to have stopped selling those and now only sells intel based laptops. Too bad. The athlon 64M was a great processor. Good battery life and very powerful. Emachines was selling just Athlon XP based machines for a while (1 laptop) but now seem to be only offering support.

Anyway, look around at Best Buy as they still sell some emachines. They are also selling the 68xx series as the Gateway 7422GX.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Interesting. I like my emachines laptop (portable desktop :P) and they seemed to be the best bang for the buck out there.