Controlled Kaos--The Spies Attack! [KAOS wins!]

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Austin wrote:the thing with scoop was this, when pressed he should have owned up. It was his stalwart insistence with no hints of it being fake. After death there was no trace outside of one vaguery where he said that Tru1cy wasn't necessarily Kaos. Anyway, it made for some entertainment, even if it had me typing in all caps at times. :P
I did try to leave hints (bull comment and asking Chaos to consider other options) but no one (except Grund) seemed to pick up on them.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Also, I never really considered that I would be shot since they was no danger in letting me live another day and no benefit to shooting me at that time. I was trying to suck up a kill which is why I didn't give up my position of faking hymie.

stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:Also, I never really considered that I would be shot since they was no danger in letting me live another day and no benefit to shooting me at that time. I was trying to suck up a kill which is why I didn't give up my position of faking hymie.
I'm kind of afraid I got you shot. I did say that if Agent 13 appeared, it would help because I wouldn't accidentally scan him. Of course I also mentioned I liked my 4/8 pack scenario and since I had already found a Baddie in the 4, I figured 13 would appear only if he were in the 8. If that is what led to your untimely demise, my bad for not specifying. :)
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

The thing is there were knowns who had to be disposed of first. Grund and Remus were both unknown and the baddies, good or bad, couldn't really kill either one off as that would have left a known alive and severely decreased their chances.
... and Grund was the one selling that story.... I understand the need to remove knowns. That dynamic allowed Grund to move in the open. It was the perfect defense for his survival.

I agreed with Newcastle on the day he died. Everything was really working out well for "why grund was alive" and the person selling that believable reason was Grund himself...

I would expect more missteps from the resident bonghead being under fire from Remus/Grund. Rev's lack of panic ruled him out in my book. 'Course Remus knows Rev better than I, perhaps Rev's really good at the face to face version of this game.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Also, I never really considered that I would be shot since they was no danger in letting me live another day and no benefit to shooting me at that time. I was trying to suck up a kill which is why I didn't give up my position of faking hymie.
I'm kind of afraid I got you shot. I did say that if Agent 13 appeared, it would help because I wouldn't accidentally scan him. Of course I also mentioned I liked my 4/8 pack scenario and since I had already found a Baddie in the 4, I figured 13 would appear only if he were in the 8. If that is what led to your untimely demise, my bad for not specifying. :)
And I also named pr0ner as agent 13 in my stupid post revealing myself as hymie which I think caused him to view me with suspicion. LOL.

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

BTW, both in this game (which was a variant of the rules that Wiggum used) and in the Bloodsucking Freaks game (which was the original, but many of the same rules/roles) the game came down to three remaining players.

One other thing for you historians to check: is this the first game ever where *every single goodguy special* was eliminated prior to the game's ending?

When Unagi died two turns before the game was over, he represented the last of the specials.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:
stessier wrote:
And I also named pr0ner as agent 13 in my stupid post revealing myself as hymie which I think caused him to view me with suspicion. LOL.
Yeah, I would expect going forward that the Shooter category will purposefully be left blank on all future lists. :lol:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

it was really a combination of demoralziation and frustration; and yeah guess i could see it. Ah well, you live and you learn.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

triggercut wrote:One other thing for you historians to check: is this the first game ever where *every single goodguy special* was eliminated prior to the game's ending?
I haven't checked, but my raw recollection is that this has happened more than once.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Grundbegriff wrote:
triggercut wrote:One other thing for you historians to check: is this the first game ever where *every single goodguy special* was eliminated prior to the game's ending?
I haven't checked, but my raw recollection is that this has happened more than once.
Many games have fewer Specials as well.

For example the games with 1 Seer as the only powered Good Guy.

But curse you triggercut for engaging the Chaosraven Curiosity Drive.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis