Fallout 2 for Dummies: A Post Nukular AAR (Finished!)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Hipolito

Fallout 2 for Dummies: A Post Nukular AAR (Finished!)

Post by Hipolito »

I was planning to do this closer to the release of Fallout 3 but, with the 75-day outage of our water chip forcing us to wander the wastes or live in other vaults, I hope starting this now will help lure my fellow OOers back home.

This thread will be an After Action Report of a play-through of Fallout 2. I've played the game once before, but this will be a new experience for me (and many of you) for two reasons:
  1. My character will be of low intelligence, which reportedly makes the game a uniquely amusing challenge.
  2. I will be using Killap's Fallout 2 Restoration Project (version 1.2.2), which fixes many bugs that the game makers didn't fix and unlocks some content that didn't make it into the official version of the game. (Update: I'm also using some patches for the Project that Killap has written, see below for details.) We'll probably notice the effects of this patch here and there, but I will denote the major ones (such as new areas) with the word *KILLAP* in the chapter title.
This AAR will feature less Photoshopping and plot repurposing than my Ultima IV and Alpha Centauri compositions. In fact, aside from my (admittedly reprehensible) treatment of the main character, I will present the game pretty much as it is. Since Fallout 2 is already a self-parody, there's not much need for embellishment. Does this mean that this AAR will be less enjoyable? You'd better believe it!

I am naming my character Carlos Vargas in honor of a real-life idiot that I loathe. Here is his character sheet:

Here are explanations of the character design choices I made:
  • Primary Statistics
    • Strength 8: Carlos smash!
    • Perception 2: Poor Carlos would end up hurting only himself with a firearm (coz he dumb), so Perception is not necessary.
    • Endurance 8: Carlos takes a kicking, keeps on licking. Coz he dumb.
    • Charisma 8: Something about a dumb guy's innocence makes him affable. Plus, with muscles like Carlos's, everyone will want to be on his good side.
    • Intelligence 2: Carlos's defining virtue. Coz he dumb.
    • Agility 9: Carlos may not know the shortest distance between two points, but he can cover it like Speedy Gonzales.
    • Luck 10: This rating will give Carlos lots weird encounters in the desert, and he could use a lot of "dumb luck." Coz he dumb.
  • Traits:
    • Jinxed: The bad guys will be so distracted by Carlos's dumb stare that they'll mess up. Carlos, thanks to dumb luck, won't mess up as often.
    • Gifted: Carlos's teachers called him "special," which means the same thing as "gifted" to me.
  • Tag Skills: Unarmed and Melee Weapons will be Carlos's bread and butter since he won't use guns. The Speech skill will allow him to grunt convincingly.
A warning to any wasteland virgins out there: this AAR will feature major spoilers for Fallout and Fallout 2.

Chapter 1: Comes the Chosen One

Parts of this story will be taken from the pages of the journal of Carlos Vargas (at least the pages that weren't stained by asado juice and yerba mate). Please note that Hipolito Hankies offers Carlos's journal as a courtesy to readers and does not consider Mr. Vargas to be a reliable source of information regarding his own experiences in the wasteland. Coz he dumb.

From the journal of Carlos Vargas, Wanderer, 25 July 2241, near Arroyo:

"Hola. Yo me llamo Carlos. I very smart, but my English is not good, so the people think I am stupid guy. You no believe the chart, OK? My Intellihence should not say 'Bad.' It should say, 'Carlos is a very, very good intellihent!'

"How to begin story? Bueno, I was working all day, like every day, cooking fajitas and skinning gatos, when the Elder call me over. She wanted me to go clean the Temple of Trials. Gringos are very messy, no? She give me a spear and I went to the Temple.

"But before I goed into Temple, I think, 'Oye, spear is not good cleaning tool!' I saw my friend Klint and try to ask for mop.

"So I go in with spear, which was good because I had to fight some cucarachas inside Temple. Cucarachas hurt me many times, but I found bag of marijuana that make me feel better.

"I finish cleaning and get ready to leave. Near exit door, I met friend Cameron. He said something in English, but I not understand, so I smile and try to leave. He then hit me and say I have to hit back if I wanna leave. Carlos prefers to live like Gandhi, but I try to hit back without hurting friend.

"Uh ohhh! I hit friend too hard, and now friend dead. Carlos not know own strength! I loss 10 karma points.

"Hoping that mistake not get me deported, I went to see the Elder again.

"Oh no, I get deported to Klamath! But if I find this Harden of Eden Creation Kit, or HECK, maybe la Abuela will let me back in and make me hardener. That is best yob. At least she give me shiny bottle with numero 13 on it, just like on my new work uniform.

"I say goodbye to friends and leave Arroyo, but soon meet very angry man.

"What just happening? Was Kaga friend with Cameron? Not know. Will write again later. Until then, I am Carlos Vargas, Virgin of the Wastes."

Last edited by Hipolito on Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Blackhawk

Re: Fallout 2 for Dummies: A Post Nukular AAR

Post by Blackhawk »

Happy now. :wub:
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
koanicriddle

Post by koanicriddle »

Two of my favorite things together in one post... Fallout 2 and a Hipolito AAR. Woo!
My LibraryThing catalog... a work in progress.
JonathanStrange

Post by JonathanStrange »

Beautiful beginning! Coincidentally, I was looking in my "Garage Cabinet of Games" when I saw the huge box - remember when games came in gigantic boxes with artwork and cardboard fillers, plus cloth maps? - of Fallout 2: the one I'm saving for special. I play another copy rather than this one.

Maybe I'll play again too.

JStrange smash!!
The opinions expressed by JonathanStrange are solely those of JonathanStrange and do not reflect the opinions of OctopusOverlords.com, the forum members of OctopusOverlords, the elusive Mr. Norrell, or JonathanStrange.

Books Read 2013
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

:pop:
"There is a reason people around the world eat bugs. That reason is lack of choice." - Remus West
Got a Logitech G15 or G13? Check out my plugin: http://linkdata.se/lcdsirreal.html" target="_blank
Sarkus

Post by Sarkus »

Awesome.

The return of OO has proven its worth, as I now have the opportunity to also read the Alpha Centauri AAR for the first time. :shock:

I know you are all jealous. :D
Foggy: You have my word as a corporal and a gentleman.
Clegg: Hitler was a corporal!
Foggy: Not in my regiment.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Hipolito and Alpha Centauri was amazing.

Hipolito and Fallout 2 will be epic.

Me want more!
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

SirReal wrote::pop:
Woo! indeed.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

Chapter 2: Torr and You and Fallout Too!

After wandering tither and fro to throw "Immigration" off his trail, Carlos made his way to Klamath, a small town east of his tribal homeland.

He was alone and confused; fortunately, there was a bulletin board filled with useful information.

Perhaps, thought Carlos, by helping Torr, he might get some help in return. So he entered a bar owned by Ardin Buckner and her daughter, Maida. Everyone there quite helpfully referred him to Torr as soon as he started speaking, so it was little time before he met the man with the Brahmin problem.

Carlos and Torr hit it off well.

They went to the pasture. There was indeed a lot of "bugmen" threatening the cattle.

With spear in hand, Carlos dispatched the predators and saved his new friend's livestock.

The fight with the scorpions left Carlos feeling weary, so he decided to stay in town for a while before heading to Den to find Vic. He went to another bar and tried to order a refreshing beverage.

Clearly, Carlos had much to learn about etiquette in the world beyond Arroyo. He left the bar and sought relaxation elsewhere. Hmmm...

Perhaps Carlos would find companionship here. He entered the bathhouse and tried to work something out with the comely women inside.

Carlos knew he was different and strange, but his need for love was no less than anyone else's. Did he truly not deserve the time and attention of these women? Not even a kiss to build a dream on?

From the journal of Carlos Vargas, Wanderer, 27 August 2241, Klamath:

"It was time for me to go to Den to find Vic, but I not want to travel alone. So I walk around to the bars to look for someone to go with me. I met Sulik. He was tribal, too, and his English was worse than mine English.

"I no had that kinda money, but I promised to get it so Sulik could pay his debt and come with me. Sulik look like good luchador. I went looking for yob in Trapper Town part of Klamath. I met guy who wanted me to kill ratoncitos.

"I no like to kill animals, but I know this kinda yob pay good, so I take it. I went around the buildings and underground and fight muchos ratoncitos. Little rats very easy to kill.

"But then--madre de la nube de hongo!!!--I see BIG RATOTA!

"No one tell me they get that big! I gonna have nightmares. But like I say before, Carlos is smart. I use, how you say, tacotics. Yes, I am brilliant tacotician. First, I use spear to hurt ratota's foot, then I hurt other foot.

"It was very difficult to do like this, and I mess up many time and ratota hit me a lot. But I succeed, and ratota could only move uno hex per turn. So then I jab and run away, jab and run away, until I poke eye. Big rat dead!

"I go back to yob guy to get reward. He just say gracias and pay me nothing. Pendejo! But I found some things underground that I not need, so I sell them and get the 350 dollar Sulik need.

"I show the money to Sulik and he just say hola cómo estás! That's it! Is like he forgot what we talk about before. So now he stuck in bar and won't come with me, and I stuck without friend.

"With the money I buy spiked knuckles so I can punch mucho más more harder, then I go looking more for someone who can help. My Luck is 10 but it only feel like 1 now, because I get attack by cleaning robot trying to keep me from getting yob!

"No robot work as hard as Carlos, so he not gonna get my yob! I fight it like I fight big ratota, jabbing then running away, until it break. Then I discover that robot was not trying to make me unemploy. He try to guard something big, something very bad: LA MIGRA!

"Only inmigración would use helichopper to come after me. I stay in Klamath too long, and now they want to deport me again! I have to go to Den on my own. I pray that I find Vic, and that la migra not find me. Wish me suerte, amigos."
Last edited by Hipolito on Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

...tacotics...
:wub:
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Oh my lordy lordy me. I've been told repeatedly that I simply must play a low intelligence character on my next Fallout playthrough but until this AAR I had no idea just how much I was missing. Brilliant. Is the low intelligence experience this good in Fallout 1 as well?
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Damn immigration services! Go Carlos, we are all rooting for you! Please do not try to attack a fire gecko in hand to hand!
I'm special!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Carlos said: "madre del nube de hongo!!!"

LMAO.

(btw, are you Argentinean by chance?)
Last edited by Carpet_pissr on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KillTrash

Post by KillTrash »

LMAO! I hope you have the best suerte, Carlos!

Great job, Hipolito! Keep it up! :D
PSN/XBL Gamertag: KillTrash
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

wonderpug wrote:Is the low intelligence experience this good in Fallout 1 as well?
I haven't tried dumb on the first Fallout, but I believe it offers a similar experience.

This might sound like a downer, but it's a burden to be dumb (Intelligence < 4). It's like being evil; you might get a kick out of the dialogues, but there are much fewer quests and party members available to you. Even Sulik didn't join me! I thought I had read somewhere that the quests in Fallout 2 would play out completely differently for a dumb person, such that he could essentially Gump his way to victory. So far, though, many of the quests aren't playing out at all.

Carpet_pissr wrote:Carlos said: "madre del nube de hongo!!!"

LMAO.

(btw, are you Argentinean by chance?)
I'm not Argentinean but I'm quite flattered that you would guess that, as I spent a little time there and love the culture. If I were actually to be deported, I could imagine living there. Have I been using words particular to Argentinean dialect? Maybe I'll sneak a little lunfardo into my AAR for all the piolas out there.

I take my username from Argentina's first, coolest president, Hipolito Irigoyen. I just love that name.

By the way, you made me realize that I used the wrong gender with "nube." My Spanish is even worse than Carlos's English. I'll correct accordingly.

(Sorry to anyone hoping this post would be an update to the AAR. Carlos had a run-in with "la migra" on his way to the Den.)
ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

Hipolito wrote:
wonderpug wrote:Is the low intelligence experience this good in Fallout 1 as well?
I haven't tried dumb on the first Fallout, but I believe it offers a similar experience.

This might sound like a downer, but it's a burden to be dumb (Intelligence < 4). It's like being evil; you might get a kick out of the dialogues, but there are much fewer quests and party members available to you. Even Sulik didn't join me! I thought I had read somewhere that the quests in Fallout 2 would play out completely differently for a dumb person, such that he could essentially Gump his way to victory. So far, though, many of the quests aren't playing out at all.
Vault City is hysterical if you're dumb. You have several options that otherwise aren't available.
House

Post by House »

I played the original Fallout with whatever the lowest possible intelligence was, and I killed every non-random-encounter character in the game, except for the vault overseer (or whatever he was called) because he was invulnerable. I did no missions and had no conversations, except for maybe a couple throughout that were not optional. I still won the game.
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

I'm so in awe of this thread and it's only page 1. Here's hoping Carlos finds the companionship he's seeking. :wub:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Killing the overseer in the first game made me feel great :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Hipolito wrote:I'm not Argentinean but I'm quite flattered that you would guess that, as I spent a little time there and love the culture. If I were actually to be deported, I could imagine living there. Have I been using words particular to Argentinean dialect?
Yes, though not sure what it was. After reading a few of your posts, I immediately thought, either this guy is from Argentina or has been there. (I spent about 9 months there myself...love the country also)
nymanium

Post by nymanium »

Great AAR, just noticed it got linked to from Kotaku, here's the link if you're curious.http://kotaku.com/5020357/playing-fallo ... ile-stupid
theohall

Post by theohall »

nymanium wrote:Great AAR, just noticed it got linked to from Kotaku, here's the link if you're curious.http://kotaku.com/5020357/playing-fallo ... ile-stupid
heh - apparently Hipolito is now a blogger and this thread is a blog :D
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Hipolito wrote:"I show the money to Sulik and he just say hola cómo estás! That's it! Is like he forgot what we talk about before. So now he stuck in bar and won't come with me, and I stuck without friend.
I could be wrong but I don't think it's Sulik you need to show the money to. You need to show it to the female innkeeper. Once you give her the money Sulik will go with you if you ask.

I'll also note that if you are going with a dumb melee character with high luck, a good choice is to go with "Jinxed". All those people with guns will have them breaking or misfiring which won't happen to you since you won't be using guns most likely.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
theohall

Post by theohall »

Grifman wrote:
Hipolito wrote:"I show the money to Sulik and he just say hola cómo estás! That's it! Is like he forgot what we talk about before. So now he stuck in bar and won't come with me, and I stuck without friend.
I could be wrong but I don't think it's Sulik you need to show the money to. You need to show it to the female innkeeper. Once you give her the money Sulik will go with you if you ask.

I'll also note that if you are going with a dumb melee character with high luck, a good choice is to go with "Jinxed". All those people with guns will have them breaking or misfiring which won't happen to you since you won't be using guns most likely.
So dumb is working so well, he can't even figure out who is supposed to receive the money. Perfect!
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

Grifman wrote:

No, the inkeepers don't see the money, either. I think Sulik would have joined me if I had the $350 the first time I spoke with him. And I did take the Jinxed trait.
theohall wrote:
nymanium wrote:Great AAR, just noticed it got linked to from Kotaku, here's the link if you're curious.http://kotaku.com/5020357/playing-fallo ... ile-stupid
heh - apparently Hipolito is now a blogger and this thread is a blog :D
This whole forum is my blog, didn't you know?

Thanks, nymanium. Please let me know if you see any other links to my AARs out there. And to Kotaku, Carlos says: Bienvenidos a Pulpos Dominadores!

Last edited by Hipolito on Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

Chapter 3: Carlos Loses It

From the journal of Carlos Vargas, Wanderer, 14 September 2241

"Soon after I leave Klamath, I see worst thing I ever saw in toda mi vida. There were three people in steel pantalones with big guns; I knew they had to be la migra. One of them was tall like tree, and his voice was big like tree. I was afraid he and his friends catch me, but they go after other people: a migrant family.

"I no could walk away, I no could move. For long time I stand and look at the bodies. Why this happen? I thought la migra deport people, not kill them. And why they no kill me? Maybe my numero 13 work uniform fool them, make them think I have work permit.

"When the people in steel pantalones walk away, I could tell one of the smaller people was a woman just by the way she move. How can woman murder like that? Many girl in my tribe can kill, but they would not kill family. Before she gone, woman in steel pantalones turn around. I no see her eyes because she wear bunny helmet, but I think she look at me. Why?

"I search the bodies for photos of family, but these pobres had nothing. I pray to my ancestors to guide their souls to el Cielo, where happy warriors get all the Corona cerveza they want to dip their spears in. I no have shovel to bury the bodies, so I leave them to the cucarachas.

"I wander desert for many days, not care where I go, not stop thinking of what la migra did to the pobres. But then I remember I had people to save and find my way to Den.

"This trip getting worse and worse. Den is horrible barrio, drogadictos everywhere. I try to read sign there, but it all in English.

"I walk around look for Vic. I no even know what Vic look like, but if he see my numero 13, maybe he talk to me. There is bars, gambling, shops, but mostly houses for drogadictos. I gamble and win a little dinero. But I no trust the niños standing outside; I know they try pick pocket. So I find old desk and keep dinero there.

"Then I find very strange place. Whoever take care of it is very good janitor. Maybe they need more janitor for cleaning, so I talk to doorman.

"Doorman was nice, but he not say anything more. I walk around and ask about slaver guild. I stop in bar to have drink.

"Then I go in other place call 'The Hole.' It like the Bath House in Klamath. I try my luck here.

"She was right! I run to my desk, get my dinero, run back and pay her. Then...

"That it?! No get me wrong, it was good. I glad I no longer virgin. But it not what I expect. And during time we do El Baile Horizontal, I think of...her. The murderer. The one who look back. The woman in steel pantalones. I know it not right, but I not know why I think of her. Had she not look back, would I think of her at all?

"Feeling shame, I left The Hole and put mind to task: find Vic."

(To be continued)
Last edited by Hipolito on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ahhh The Hole.......
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Papageno

Post by Papageno »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
Hipolito wrote:I'm not Argentinean but I'm quite flattered that you would guess that, as I spent a little time there and love the culture. If I were actually to be deported, I could imagine living there. Have I been using words particular to Argentinean dialect?
Yes, though not sure what it was. After reading a few of your posts, I immediately thought, either this guy is from Argentina or has been there. (I spent about 9 months there myself...love the country also)
Maybe what you spotted was the mention of yerba mate? A sort of infusion that the Argentines drink all the time, but I've tried it and don't get the appeal. Still Argentina sounds cool, from everything I've heard and read. I should vacation there someday--I speak Spanish already so that wouldn't be an issue, and God knows Europe is financially out of reach till the dollar gets out of the toilet.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Well that sells it. My first playthrough in Fallout 3 is going to be at Carlos intelligence or lower.
Rawrkan

Post by Rawrkan »

Papageno wrote:
Carpet_pissr wrote:
Maybe what you spotted was the mention of yerba mate? A sort of infusion that the Argentines drink all the time, but I've tried it and don't get the appeal. Still Argentina sounds cool, from everything I've heard and read. I should vacation there someday--I speak Spanish already so that wouldn't be an issue, and God knows Europe is financially out of reach till the dollar gets out of the toilet.
Heh i saw the yerba mate part and instantly thought he was from here too.
wonderpug wrote:Well that sells it. My first playthrough in Fallout 3 is going to be at Carlos intelligence or lower.
i think i remember reading about Low Int not affecting Dialogs options on F3 on some dev blogs, not sure it was a while ago.
Sarkus

Post by Sarkus »

:D
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

Awesome, Sarkus. That's the biggest laugh in this thread yet! (Make it a bit less wide though, if you could.)

What do you all think of the screen shots that I've zoomed to make the green text bigger? Does that make the text easier to read, or does it just make the text look bad?
Rawrkan wrote:
Papageno wrote:
Heh i saw the yerba mate part and instantly thought he was from here too.
I enjoyed mate when I was in Argentina and even bought my own metal cup and bombilla and a bag of Nobleza Gaucha mate to take home. I lost the cup and straw but still have the mate, never used, over 10 years later. I sometimes look at the mate and wonder whether it could possibly be good after all this time.

I say we take an OO trip to Argentina, Rawrkan can show us around. I'll AAR it.
Rawrkan wrote:i think i remember reading about Low Int not affecting Dialogs options on F3 on some dev blogs, not sure it was a while ago.
One of the Kotaku commenters is saying that, too. I might still try a dumb play-through.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Stadler and Waldorf FTW.

And yeah, keep with your size for the images, Hip. They make things fine to follow without blowing the margins.
Sarkus

Post by Sarkus »

Hipolito wrote:Awesome, Sarkus. That's the biggest laugh in this thread yet! (Make it a bit less wide though, if you could.)
Thanks! I forced myself to learn a little photoshopping to do that.

I'm confused about the size complaint, though. I used Tinypic for the image and choose the 800x600 size. Unless a lot of people still use a fairly low resolution to read the board (like 1024 or less) I would think it would be fine. I could drop it to a 640x480 image, but I'm worried the text would be too small.
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

Sarkus wrote:
Hipolito wrote:Awesome, Sarkus. That's the biggest laugh in this thread yet! (Make it a bit less wide though, if you could.)
Thanks! I forced myself to learn a little photoshopping to do that.

I'm confused about the size complaint, though. I used Tinypic for the image and choose the 800x600 size. Unless a lot of people still use a fairly low resolution to read the board (like 1024 or less) I would think it would be fine. I could drop it to a 640x480 image, but I'm worried the text would be too small.
I do use a 1024x768 display (there's only so much room for a computer in this igloo, especially now during the summer), so 800x600 slightly blows the margins for me. (Strangely, it's only a problem when I'm logged in.) There's also the ego thing; the largest images in my AAR should be mine! (Just kidding.) I do think the pic would look more balanced if you cropped it tighter, removing a bit from each side and more from the top.

AARing is a great way to learn Photoshop. Perhaps S&W will have more to say, hmm?

Speaking of NMA, Killap is reading this thread! He sent me a download link for dumb dialogue that he's written for two of the unlocked areas and granted permission to post the link here. If you use it, make sure all the script files go to your fallout2/data/script directory and all the text files go to your Fallout2/data/Text/English/dialog directory. It'll be incorporated in a future Killap patch, too.

http://www.killap.net/fallout2/misc/dumb_dialogue.rar" target="_blank

Killap has also made this fix for the Sulik dialogue so that a dumb character won't be arbitrarily denied Sulik's companionship. This just might be what Carlos needs! Version #1 of the fix is for players who are not using the patch's armor mod; version #2 is for those who are. Download one version, delete the number at the end of the file name, and copy the file to fallout2/data/script directory.

http://www.killap.net/fallout2/misc/kcsulik.int1" target="_blank
http://www.killap.net/fallout2/misc/kcsulik.int2" target="_blank

He also made this patch containing further fixes (and not just for dumb characters). Unzip it so that the script files go to your fallout2/data/script directory and the text files go to your Fallout2/data/Text/English/dialog directory.

http://www.killap.net/fallout2/expansio ... _fixes.rar" target="_blank

Also this patch for dumb characters. Save the file to fallout2/data/script directory.

http://www.killap.net/fallout2/misc/tribec7.int" target="_blank

For more updates, read the first post of this thread:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42776" target="_blank

Next update: mañana!
Last edited by Hipolito on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:45 am, edited 6 times in total.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

This is almost better than playing the freaking game!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

This is almost better than playing the freaking game!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

This is almost better than playing the game!
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

Chapter 4: Den Bones

"Finally, I find slaver guild where Vic bees. I go in and talk to man name Aidan.

"Hey, El Baile Horizontal make Carlos hungry! And when Aidan say 'fresh meat,' that become all I think about. But first, I talk to Vic, which they let me do. Vic tell me that Metzger, the slave jefe, is not gonna let him go until he fix radio. Vic ask me to go to his shack in Klamath and get other radio. I been to that shack already, is locked and I no can open it. I look around; maybe I can kill all these slaver cholos and free Vic. But not now, not without help.

"I go to Mom's Diner for fresh meat.

"In back of diner was a borracho.

"It look like no one in this barrio but Vic could help me find Vault 13 and HECK, and Vic no could help me till I free him. It was time to leave Den and be on my own again. I go back to my desk to make sure I not leave anything there and then, Dios mio, la vi una fantasma!

"She was looking for something, and was in much pain. I was scare. What do you say to los muertos?

"I not know what she look for, so I prepare to leave Den. But then I realize something not right. I clean buildings in many yob, so I have janitor's instinct; I know when someone don't belong somewhere. There are gangs in Den, which is bad, but most of them stay inside buildings. Not Joey's gang--they always outside. I know Joey hide something, and I bet it is what ghost looks for! So I go up to him and punch his eye!

"Joey whip out gun, but the bullets all fall out. His thug friend also whip out gun and try to shoot me, but he miss me and hit Joey's other friend, a girl with green hair. Girl attack me with spear, but she drop it, and the thug drop his gun too! Now all three were slapping Carlos! I punch girl until she fall down and release red juice, then I chase Joey across town. I catch up with him and kill him. I search his body and find a gold locket and a pistola. I take both and sell the pistola in a shop for 250 dollar since I not good with guns.

"Then I remember other thug and chase after him. He was quick. I chase him into a drogadicto house and trap him in the bathroom, but I fall down as I try to hit him and he ran outside. I get up, find him, and chase him into a gang house. The gang just watch as we run from room to room. Then I chase him back outside and into the shop where I sell pistola. Shop owner get mad and say 'Che, you no like price I give you? Why you make mess?' I say 'Sorry!' and chase thug outside, where I finally catch and kill him.

"I go back to ghost and show her gold locket.

"Then I take her bones, find shovel, find her grave, and bury her there.

"We janitors very good at returning missing items. Chau Anna, que en paz descanse.

"I say adios to Den. It not such bad place after all. I got to help someone, even though she dead. But I waste a lot of time here. Now I look for people to help me free Vic, or I find Vault 13 and HECK by myself. Maybe I run into la migra again...and woman in steel pantalones."
Last edited by Hipolito on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jeansberg

Post by jeansberg »

Awesome. :pop: