THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Scoop 101: Day 4 - Remus West has gone south!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Semaj

Re: Scoop 101: Day 4 - Remus West has gone south!

Post by Semaj »

Grundbegriff wrote:Nicely done, everyone.

Scoop-- good job with the game. It's a good rule set; we were hindered only by a lack of enthusiasm attributable not to your game but to gaming burnout in general.

Chaosraven-- superb deductions there at the end!

Two of the questions that deserve to have answered recorded here:

1. theohall-- why delay creation of the forum?
2. Semaj-- how did you select Austin as the victim of your troll?

He seemed evil to me, I assumed when theo died he was the Board Admin, but if he had been evil, it was pretty much the imps main shot at a victory. Once I got the coconut, I knew pretty much who everyone was. I'm just boggled how my posting of plausible outcomes got me killed. Then again anything I post gets me killed.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Semaj wrote:Once I got the coconut, I knew pretty much who everyone was. I'm just boggled how my posting of plausible outcomes got me killed. Then again anything I post gets me killed.
I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you. Oh wait. :twisted:

Wasn't so much what you posted but the timing and manner of the posts.

You get close to edge. Troll attacks. Red light goes on.
Troll attacks. Semaj starts posting a lot more "plausible outcomes". Red light starts blinking.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:... Red light goes on.
... Red light starts blinking.
I learned it from watching you, alright!?!?

I learned if from watching you.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:... Red light goes on.
... Red light starts blinking.
I learned it from watching you, alright!?!?

I learned if from watching you.
and now you know that being obnoxious makes me kill Semaj.

that works on so many levels.
:lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
theohall

Post by theohall »

Grundbegriff wrote:1. theohall-- why delay creation of the forum?
The forum is only good for 48 real-life hours. Why not get some kind of a read on how the game is playing out? Plan was to create it on Day 2, but that didn't work out. 1st time I'd died on day 1 of any of these. The opening day is such a darn crap shoot anyway - at least it should be until some were figuring out "normals" based on who had what. Considered trying to create the forum toward the end of day 1, but real-life work got in the way when everyone jumped on board the lynch vote. I'd still probably play it the same way and plan on creating the forum Day 2, when participation is usually more assured than the early crap shoot of when folks choose to login.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'd think the day 1 crap shoot would make it more important to create the forum early. As it was you got lynched based on at least one vote from a fellow Imp (Kreagor). I need to look back and see if Semaj also voted for you but part of the problem becomes the three of you have to be more careful who you vote for day 1 than anyone else because you are trying not to kill each other before you know each other. The grue-team knows each other but hiding an unwillingness to vote for a single other player is much easier than trying to avoid two others whose identities you do not know.

checked and Semaj did not vote for Theo day 1.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

O i knew the troll attacking was going to make me look bad....

I just figured you'd let me speak before killing me... I had this whole "I'm evil, not Purge and I have the coconut to prove it" thing I had been setting up since he came out.

I actually thought not voting for theo was going to get me in a metric ton o trouble.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Grundbegriff wrote:Chaosraven-- superb deductions there at the end!
Lassr wrote:Yes, that was a very impressive, dead on, deduction.
Mr Bubbles wrote:I was reluctant to join the game at first, but Chaos carried it at the end. Well played.
Even a broken watch is right twice a day. :wink:

The eerie thing for me was the Purge meltdown, as it reminded me of my own descent into madness my last day in the Light/Dark game. Gave me a slight lucidity, as it were.

I really enjoyed this ruleset, and hope the ennui can evaporate soon, as I'd like to see another of this one, a Lassr BSG, an Unagi Norse, a Light/Dark, and a Grund (crossing?)...
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

theohall wrote:
The forum is only good for 48 real-life hours. Why not get some kind of a read on how the game is playing out? Plan was to create it on Day 2, but that didn't work out. 1st time I'd died on day 1 of any of these. The opening day is such a darn crap shoot anyway - at least it should be until some were figuring out "normals" based on who had what. Considered trying to create the forum toward the end of day 1, but real-life work got in the way when everyone jumped on board the lynch vote. I'd still probably play it the same way and plan on creating the forum Day 2, when participation is usually more assured than the early crap shoot of when folks choose to login.
I don't want this to come across as piling on, so please take it as friendly advice.

I look forward to playing one of these games with you as my cohort in malice someday. In view of that expectation, which random.org will eventually fulfill if we continue this hobby, I want to provide a bit of strategic thinking for you to consider.

Not making the forum as your first and earliest act was a blunder. In werewolf, many factors can confer an advantage, and some advantages matter more than others. No factor is weightier than reliable knowledge of the state of the game. Period. Knowledge is power in werewolf, whatever the variant.

Your not knowing your teammates, and their not knowing you, fundamentally altered the outcome of the game. No advantage conferred by waiting to see how the game unfolded-- no advantage garnered by having something to chat about in the private forum, no benefit derived from scheming together on later days rather than early ones-- could've been more important than knowing, as soon as possible, who your teammates are.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Grundbegriff wrote:
theohall wrote:
I don't want this to come across as piling on, so please take it as friendly advice.

I look forward to playing one of these games with you as my cohort in malice someday. In view of that expectation, which random.org will eventually fulfill if we continue this hobby, I want to provide a bit of strategic thinking for you to consider.

Not making the forum as your first and earliest act was a blunder. In werewolf, many factors can confer an advantage, and some advantages matter more than others. No factor is weightier than reliable knowledge of the state of the game. Period. Knowledge is power in werewolf, whatever the variant.

Your not knowing your teammates, and their not knowing you, fundamentally altered the outcome of the game. No advantage conferred by waiting to see how the game unfolded-- no advantage garnered by having something to chat about in the private forum, no benefit derived from scheming together on later days rather than early ones-- could've been more important than knowing, as soon as possible, who your teammates are.
point taken :)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I have to say the real turning point of the game was Semaj's random trolling of Austin. Austin had the coconut after killing mipe and taking it from him and he was going to get a conversion chance that night. That made the possibility of three evils and two implementors the next day.

Also, I am planning on taking away the forum creation power from the david implementor and replace it with a power that allows him to block the power of a player for one day/night cycle and also scan them to see if they are an implementor. This power is only allowed to be used once on each player during the night.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

theohall wrote: point taken :)
I was less charitable when I sent a musing to Scoop. ;)
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Remus West wrote:I'd think the day 1 crap shoot would make it more important to create the forum early. As it was you got lynched based on at least one vote from a fellow Imp (Kreagor).
Theo joined a wagon against me on day 1 :P
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kraegor wrote:
Remus West wrote:I'd think the day 1 crap shoot would make it more important to create the forum early. As it was you got lynched based on at least one vote from a fellow Imp (Kreagor).
Theo joined a wagon against me on day 1 :P
One of the things I find amusing is that Grund was accusing you based on the idea that you had been paying attention to a forum that never existed rather than the game thread. Had you correctly nailed for all the wrong reasons yet still a reason you would have prefered to have been correct. :lol:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Chaosraven wrote:Even a broken watch is right twice a day. :wink:
What if it's digital?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Even a broken watch is right twice a day. :wink:
What if it's digital?
Plus, if you travel with it from here to Chicago it could skip right over the time it would have been correct.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven wrote: The eerie thing for me was the Purge meltdown, as it reminded me of my own descent into madness my last day in the Light/Dark game. Gave me a slight lucidity, as it were.
ah I remember that well, always felt that was one of my better performances in a game. I snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, but then turned around and fed the victory back into the jaws of defeat by sending my teammate to the bomb house. :x That still hurts...
Chaosraven wrote:I really enjoyed this ruleset, and hope the ennui can evaporate soon, as I'd like to see another of this one, a Lassr BSG,
working on it, but do believe we need a short break.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
purge

Post by purge »

Theo, that forum might have helped you all figure out that killing a bad person before conversion meant that you were damning your team to the smaller, evil side. That would have been valuable information; The troll kill should have come the next day after they lynched someone.

Semaj, you really hosed us/ your team with that troll stunt. :P We were sitting pretty with two villains, a coconut and a dream.

Chaos, I should have known that raving wasn't enough to hide me from you; there was a plausible way to show why I was an implementor, but you found all the right dots. It could have been MY troll that killed my imp partner to get me on the good side. :D

The last surviving Imp imp would surely fake being evil to be protected from the sword.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I think Theo needs a term named after him... How about theopolated.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I think Theo needs a term named after him... How about theopolated.
or Thilence.

As in, "the Thilence was deafening" :twisted:
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Chaosraven wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:I think Theo needs a term named after him... How about theopolated.
or Thilence.

As in, "the Thilence was deafening" :twisted:
touché Mr Chaos. I like your version much much better than mine. :lol:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

OK, sorry - those are both *(and you know it) LAME.

Theohall, bear with me here while we craft you something worthwhile....

Here is what happened with Theohall, he had the nerve to gamble and it may have cost his 2 teammates their win.

He took a chance, and not just with his 'own game', but with teammates that did not, and would not have agreed to his move.

He had the nerve, the impudence, the audacity, the cheek to risk something big - for what would have been little gain.

He demonstrated Theogall. :horse:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

One could also describe it from his team mates point of view.

"They could have played a better game, but they ran up against a Theowall"

"It was hard for the two other Implementors to play a smart game, as they were under a Theothrall."
Chaosraven

Unagi is that sexy asian chick, right?

Post by Chaosraven »

Unagi wrote:"They could have played a better game, but they ran up against a Theowall"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You owe me a new keyboard
"Where are you off to?"

Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Scoop20906 wrote:I have to say the real turning point of the game was Semaj's random trolling of Austin. Austin had the coconut after killing mipe and taking it from him and he was going to get a conversion chance that night. That made the possibility of three evils and two implementors the next day.

Also, I am planning on taking away the forum creation power from the david implementor and replace it with a power that allows him to block the power of a player for one day/night cycle and also scan them to see if they are an implementor. This power is only allowed to be used once on each player during the night.
so the implementors have no shot in hell of knowing who each other is...

Just hand em all baseball bats and let them hit themselves silly, it's about as sporting a chance of winning :)
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

And why does everyone say my killing of austin was random?

I decided it wasnt quite fair to kill myself off without at least trying to win it for the imps, and I'da given us a decent shot had I not died while sleeping :)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Semaj wrote:And why does everyone say my killing of austin was random?

I decided it wasnt quite fair to kill myself off without at least trying to win it for the imps, and I'da given us a decent shot had I not died while sleeping :)
Wouldn't have mattered. I wasn't going to tell you I was stabbing you anyway.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Chaosraven wrote:
or Thilence.
theostall: to delay pulling the trigger until you no longer have control of the gun.

"We know Bubba's evil. If the Hunter is still alive, he'd better not theostall!"
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Semaj wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I have to say the real turning point of the game was Semaj's random trolling of Austin. Austin had the coconut after killing mipe and taking it from him and he was going to get a conversion chance that night. That made the possibility of three evils and two implementors the next day.

Just hand em all baseball bats and let them hit themselves silly, it's about as sporting a chance of winning :)
Yeah-- I don't really see how that's an improvement.
theohall

Post by theohall »

You all are killing me.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Semaj wrote:

I apologise

found out my grandmother died today and havent quite been myself.

if it came off rude, it's all me and I am sorry for the rudeness.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Semaj wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Semaj wrote:

I apologise

(I think he was agreeing with you though; that not telling imps who is who is not an improvement)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Semaj wrote: found out my grandmother died today
so sorry to hear this. My condolences. :(
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Semaj wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Semaj wrote:

I apologise

I was sincerely agreeing with you. I don't think Scoop's change is for the better, for more or less the reason you mentioned.

Sorry to hear about your grandma.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Sorry to hear about your grandma Semaj. :(
purge

Post by purge »

Sorry to hear that Semaj. :(

On a different note : I'm taking a break from forum games. Maybe two months, maybe three. We'll see. I think I need a rest so I can start caring again.