2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

WW Game with Quirks - Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

Re: WW Game with Quirks - Over

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lassr wrote:are we up for BSG V?
YES! IT MUST BE!! I can't wait to see the plot and setting for this incarnation.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:
Semaj wrote:Sean should have spoken up more... I almost felt like he went MIA....
I made several posts. I protested my innocence. It became clear to me early on that the votes were not coming off, and it was a matter of time. What the hell was I supposed to say?

Seriously, if I have to write novels for posts and pick at the minutiae of every single post made in order to be viable in these games, I just don't have time for that kind of crap.
It is the worst feeling being a wolf on day one and trying to defend yourself. I have been there and lost it. I went into hyper-begging mode and it almost worked. I actually think once you think its just a matter of time, claim seer or another special to survive another day. I didn't do that and it was my mistake.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Well I'll be damned.. I lose my connection for a short time and now the game is over.. Crazy. Those last few cycles went really fast which is odd considering the first ones took forever.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:I actually think once you think its just a matter of time, claim seer or another special to survive another day. I didn't do that and it was my mistake.
Yep, I completely blame you for that one. Your partners were geniuses that game and were trying to get you to see the light. It was all you. :evil: :doh: :P
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

The quirks may have monkied with the game mechanics, but they made this much more interesting to follow along. :)
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Post by Sean, Minister of KtSP »

Lassr wrote:
Unagi wrote: I think if you had posted twice instead of once, with maybe 1 single tiny little comment on some single little thing - that would have increased your viability 10 fold, and the Day 1 'poke' would have rolled right off your back.
Unagi speaks the truth. I started the day off with a Sean vote because you had posted once way back at the beginning of night and then disappeared. On the off chance you were the hold up for the bad guys I placed my vote with you (there was a chance a good special was holding up the game). SO my vote was a poke the quiet player. Quiet players can be dangerous to the good guys. In this case it worked out just fine.
I posted FIVE times, thank you very much. And I did not feel like claiming Seer would work under the circumstances.

viewtopic.php?p=1407259#p1407259" target="_blank
viewtopic.php?p=1407259#p1407259" target="_blank
viewtopic.php?p=1408323#p1408323" target="_blank
viewtopic.php?p=1408342#p1408342" target="_blank
viewtopic.php?p=1408371#p1408371" target="_blank

I enjoy the game, but I just don't have this kind of time.
"Sweet dreams, Mr. Stiffly."
"I have told you, my name is not... ... ...Sweet dreams, Monster-san."
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:And I did not feel like claiming Seer would work under the circumstances.
The thing about that is it doesn't matter if it really works or not. Worst case you still die. Best case you out the Seer and the village lynches him and then you die. Either way you are dead so may as well take the shot. Although I'd have to go back and look at the timing to know if you were even around at a good time to make that play. I know I missed doing it in Grund's "Lost" game on Popehat because I was to busy with Lassr's "BSG" game on GT so got shot after I had even posted in the bad guy forum that I knew I had been scanned. I had planned to claim Seer before him and claim him as my scan but never got the time. Sucks but sometimes life happens. Life happened to all three wolves at once this time around and fixating on it allowed the village to hone in on the wolf team.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

also remus - i would love to do something like this again. I think the quirks add a lot. The one thing I'd somehow suggest is to try to make the night protection voting based on quirk play and not human attachment to the seer. I'd also help suggest a few more quirks also to help if you want. Let me know.

Stessier - when i was dead that plan of action actually crossed my mind and I was wondering if you were deliberately doing that to throw off any potential dead protection votes. Good to know my intuition was right.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Yeah, well... I wasn't too surprised to go first, but I was surprised at how quickly Austin and Grund followed me. I think I'd be less annoyed at the loss if my first day death had provided more cover for my team, rather than helped out them.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:Stessier - when i was dead that plan of action actually crossed my mind and I was wondering if you were deliberately doing that to throw off any potential dead protection votes. Good to know my intuition was right.
I'm glad it kinda worked then!

It was one of the reasons I didn't feel too bad about Unagi - he wasn't trying real hard to get protection (although part of that seemed to be a misinterpretation of the rules).

Did anyone else laugh every time they read the Happy Grund time tales?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Sean, Minister of KtSP

stessier wrote:Did anyone else laugh every time they read the Happy Grund time tales?
The only real reason this game should have gone on longer. I'm glad he was the last one to go.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:
stessier wrote:Did anyone else laugh every time they read the Happy Grund time tales?
The only real reason this game should have gone on longer. I'm glad he was the last one to go.
I was debating letting the game continue while naming someone else as the scan, since everyone else had to be human, just to keep reading Grund's nice posts. :)
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Image That's mean! :wub:
Mr Bubbles

Re: WW Game with Quirks - Monday Day

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Grundbegriff wrote:
theohall wrote:
theohall wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Unagi wrote:So...
Austin is one, Lassr is two...
theohall wrote:OK.
There we go, that's the third.

done.
You don't seriously mean that you think Austin, Lassr, and theohall are... werewolves. Do you?

They seem so friendly.
He seriously appears to think Austin, Lassr, and theohall are... werewolves. Yet, there are only two wolves :roll:
nevermind - I can't read. :oops:
That's ok. You're bound to get better with practice.
I think this one was my favorite.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grund - out of curiosity, why did you guys decide to kill me?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:Grund - out of curiosity, why did you guys decide to kill me?
Sean was dead, and Austin was MIA (inadvertently without an internet connection while in the mountains or something-- that's what caused the Big Delay of '09). So I chose you, in case your Seer haikus were serious rather than a feint.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Sorry guys. I would not have joined had I known I would be Internet-free. The condo we borrow (free!) at Atlantic Beach has had Internet in the past. Turns out as they are selling this unit and they have a new one, they got rid of Internet at the old one. Sorry for ditching but I cannot get my Palm Centro to show OO properly.

(Edit: At a cocktail hour at the new condo and they have Internet up but can't stick around for long on the PC)
theohall

Post by theohall »

Austin wrote:Sorry guys. I would not have joined had I known I would be Internet-free. The condo we borrow (free!) at Atlantic Beach has had Internet in the past. Turns out as they are selling this unit and they have a new one, they got rid of Internet at the old one. Sorry for ditching but I cannot get my Palm Centro to show OO properly.

(Edit: At a cocktail hour at the new condo and they have Internet up but can't stick around for long on the PC)
No worries. You died quickly :)