[SI AAR] Octopus Underlords - WE'RE ALL DONE!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Chaz

[SI AAR] Octopus Underlords - WE'RE ALL DONE!

Post by Chaz »

We're about to start up our 6-man Solium Infernum PBEM game, so we can use this to tell our stories and bitch about how lousy our luck is.

I'll pre-emptively complain about my crummy starting position. Stupid hell.
Last edited by Chaz on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Butterknife

Re: [SI AAR] Octopus Underlords

Post by Butterknife »

For those who aren't playing, we have all submitted our avatars and we are waiting for our first turn to be generated tonight. We'll be getting our starting positions tonight, after which there will hopefully be something interesting going on.

I have a truly wicked strategy planned. As I mentioned earlier, anybody who picks my same avatar picture will become my immediate sworn enemy! Mwuahaha! Fear me! FEAR ME!

In actuality I'm just going to try to stay alive. :) This is my first ever play-by-email game, so that ought to be interesting. I was disappointed by the AI in the single-player game, so I am looking forward to actually getting my butt kicked for a change. I truly don't expect to win this one, but I'll give it my best of course. Just reading through the strategy thread I've already realized some mistakes I have made (even just in avatar creation). I can still do it though. I just need a good starting position ... ah, who am I kidding?
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

PLAYERS:
Butterknife
Chaz
Razgon
tgb
ZOD
Archinerd

I'll be using these settings when I set the game up:
Map Size: Normal
Map: Acheron's Locks
Places of Power: Uncommon
Game length: Normal
tgb

Post by tgb »

If I contribute to this AAR, I'm going to spoiler my comments, since I know the denizens of Hell (especially these 5) cannot be trusted.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Butterknife

Post by Butterknife »

tgb wrote:If I contribute to this AAR, I'm going to spoiler my comments, since I know the denizens of Hell (especially these 5) cannot be trusted.
You can trust me. I wouldn't trust those other guys, though. They don't have your best interests at heart like I do.
Butterknife

Post by Butterknife »

And lo! My nemesis appears!

I can only assume it is Chaz. No other Underlord has the courage to use their given name. Cowardly swines! At least my nemesis retains some self-respect.
ZOD

Post by ZOD »

'Slbroghast' sounds more like a demon lord than 'ZOD,' and I'm a bit of a role player like that.

Though 'KNEEL BEFORE SLBROGHAST!' still works. ;)

*ahem* edit
Last edited by ZOD on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Butterknife wrote: I can only assume it is Chaz. No other Underlord has the courage to use their given name. Cowardly swines! At least my nemesis retains some self-respect.
Well, except for Razgon. Maybe your third eye is defective there, sparky. Or is that a horn, it's so hard to tell.

So me, Raz, and Butterball are pretty easily identifiable, and ZOD seems to be Silbrowhoozits (though I might just call him Neal). I'm going to take a guess and say that Archinerd is Drenichra and tgb is the High Sheriff of Hell?

I thought it was pretty funny when I saw "The staff of the regent has passed to High Sheriff of Hell" in the first turn log.
Last edited by Chaz on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Butterknife

Post by Butterknife »

ZOD wrote:'Slbroghast' sounds more like a demon lord than 'ZOD,' and I'm a bit of a role player like that.

Though 'NEAL BEFORE SLBROGHAST!' still works. ;)
Yeah, I'd kneel before you and all ... but your starting position is weak. Weakling!
ZOD

Post by ZOD »

Believe me, I noticed. Position so bad it screwed up my ability to spell.
razgon

Post by razgon »

Its pretty hard to get out of a bad start, but it CAN be done. I like that it isnt like in Civ4 where you'r practically doomed (well, I am ) if I start out badly.

Here, you can just wait and scheme and lo and behold, the little demon no-one noticed can suddenly be contender.

I have another game where I'm in the top, majorly, and that sucks as well..since everyone wants a piece of me, so dont give up!
Gone...
tgb

Post by tgb »

It begins. High Sheriff of Hell, aka Petie Wheatstraw, the Devil's Son in Law, here. Let's take a look at him, shall we?
Spoiler:
I wanted an Archfiend who will connive and steal his way to the top - just what you'd expect of the Devil's son-in-law. I put three points into Cunning, which will allow me to Pilfer Artifacts right off the bat. I also put one into Charisma which will still allow me to pick up two Tribute cards at a time, and chose the rank of Duke to strengthen my starting position. Unofrtunately, I'm up against 3 Princes and 2 Marquis, which means I won't be issuing a lot of demands. I also chose Lust as my Public Objective, because once my cunning becomes high enough, I will want to divert suspicion for the thefts away from myself. Fortunately Chazzteroth has a Public Objective of Envy, which makes him the perfect patsy.

My first priorities, in addition to the land/PoP grab will be to raise Charisma and then Cunning a point each.

Let's look at my starting position:
Awesome. Not only do I have 3 PoP's nearby to start, one is the Temple of Lust, which will give me 30 Prestige if I can hold onto it until the end of the game. Also, closest to my stronghold is the Pit of Tarturus, which grants 3 Prestige/turn. I'm not strong enough to take it, but I can wall it off and save it for later.

My first order will be used to head off for the Temple of Lust.

The starting stats for my first Legion, the Disciples of the High Sheriff of Hell are 2-4-8. That's ok, but not good enough to grab either of the PoP's. I believe I'll see what I can find in the Bazaar to help.

There are a couple of Praetors and Artifacts I'd like to have, but can't afford. I'm hoping one of the Praetors gets purchased, so I can snatch it away (Mwahaha).

In the meantime I use my second Order slot to put in a bid on these guys:

They will help in the land grab and wall off those hard to take PoP's.

And with that the first turn comes to a close.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Montag

Post by Montag »

I will follow this AAR in detail. I would appreciate pictures and an explanation of what is going on. This AAR may be huge marketing material for the developer, so think of it as giving support.

I suggest the watchers of this thread spoiler their questions and indicate which person who would need to answer them.

May the most conniving evil bastard win!
words
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I am indeed the Demon Princess Drenichra, which was supposed to be Archinerd backwards but my h and c got a bit mixed up. Oh well.

So my starting space is a little constricted, My Stronghold is right up next to a river. It's not so bad though, there are a few places of power nearby, one of which is very close. Pandemonium is also closest to me, so I can take it over if it looks like I'm going to lose the Prestige race... Did I say take over? I meant protect it.

For those not playing:
Spoiler:
The closest place of power is directly on my boarder, and I am the only one who can get to it within the first two turns, so I am going to ignore it the first turn. Instead of grabbing land this first turn (which is what people expect me to do - i think) I'm going to get an early start on building a Praetor. There is a 1 page manuscript for sale in the bazaar called "Obsidian Skin" which can train a Praetor to block something like 2d6 damage each round of combat. That's alot. I don't have enough resources yet to actually buy a Praetor, so for my second action I'm just going to gather tribute from my minions, hopefully they bring something good.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I have no screenshots, and don't have the game open, so I'm going off memory here:
Spoiler:
My avatar is heavily focused on Deception, with 3 points in Cunning and the Prince of Lies perk, which gives me an additional +4 on all my deceit rolls. I've got (I think) one point each in Martial and Charisma, and I've got myself as a Marquis, the middle rank of the five. As such, I have a decent but not great starting legion, and making demands and insults to higher ranking players will cost me more.

Fortunately, I don't really plan on demanding much. Honestly, I'm not sure what my grand strategy is at this point, since I've never tried a deceit heavy build before. My immediate strategy is to turtle and work on building up a small number of good legions with praetors and artifacts, stealing resources whenever possible.

My starting position is actually okay. I have two places of power within reach. One of them is reachable on my first move, and I can take it. The other is one turn farther, and I can't take it yet, but fortunately, neither can my nearest neighbor. My first decision was whether or not to head down and block that off first, or go and take the closer one. Ultimately, I decided to take the sure thing now, and will head down to attempt the block immediately after, assuming my neighbor hasn't already.

My starting resource draw was wide but thin. I have at a bunch of souls, but only one or two of everything else, so I can't bid on anything in the bazaar, which is too bad, because I want a second legion, and there's a manuscript page that I'd love to have.

So this turn I moved my legion and gathered resources. My first focus will be raising my charisma to 2 and my cunning to 4. At that point, I should be able to start stealing resources from my enemies, which should be fun. Since I'm not planning on having an overwhelming military, I'll probably be focusing on praetors and settling vendettas via single combat. I've also never messed with this, so I predict disaster. :D
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

is this a new game?
from the SS it looks like a game from 1995...

edit: This sound really harsh after I read it again lol.
I understand that gameplay > gfx
Just a bit confused as to why in 2009 we still have 2d games?
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

It's an indie game done by one guy. Gorgeous graphics aren't really the draw for this one. I do think the portraits for the various legions and relics is very nice.
Butterknife

Post by Butterknife »

Let me see if I can give a general overview. This is going from memory, so I don't have any screenshots and I could have some details wrong.

In the center of the world lies the future Arch-Demon, known as Butterknife. I have a good starting spot, sandwiched between two rivers with a +1 and +2 Place of Power nearby, and two more +1 Places of Power within easy striking distance. To the West across the river lies Pandemonium -- the center of all things evil and one of the victory options (one I suspect Archinerd/Drenichra will have his eye on). Unfortunately for me I am merely a Marquis of Hell -- in this game one of the lowliest of the low in terms of starting power. Only one other player took such a lowly rank in order to start -- my sworn nemesis, Chaz/Chazztaroth.

To the South lies Chaz. He too begins in a good starting position, with a +1 PoP within striking distance of his first move. I'm pretty sure I can guess what he will do on his first turn. From there he has both me and Archinerd to deal with. He too is a Marquis, and thus has one of the weakest starting legions (as do I).

To the NorthEast lies the High Sheriff of Hell. Although he is my closest enemy, he is also my least accessible -- a river lies between us that is uncrossable for many miles in either direction. I anticipate little conflict because of this, but if one of us takes a large lead ... that could change.

To the NorthWest Archinerd. I fear him perhaps most of all. He has easy access to Pandemonium and several Places of Power, and a legion capable of destroying any he comes across. I have no idea which way he will jump first, but he may come this way ...

In the SouthWest lies ZOD/Neal/Slbroghast. He has access to nothing. I expect he will turn aggressive shortly, but anticipate that it will probably be towards someone else (he is awfully close to Razgon). He has few options for taking Places of Power, and that makes him unpredictable.

Directly West Razgon plots his machinations. Because of his close proximity to Zod I believe those two will have many things to ... discuss. I do not anticipate becoming involved in their dealings for now, although I have access if necessary.

In the Infernal Bazaar we find many interesting things. Chief among them is a cheap legion that I am sure will be hired quickly (the Iron Maidens if I recall correctly). Also key to victory are many artifacts and relics, not the least of which are 3 offering 1 Prestige per turn, and the Amulet of Greed. I anticipate some spirited bidding along with aggressive maneuvering through the first turns.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Somehow I missed this as it neared release. Probably because I wasn't looking. If it will run on my machine, and I can't imagine something so small wouldn't, I'll buy it for myself for Christmas. At which point I'll be hungry for some PBEM. Chances are there will be enough demand to have more than 1 game going.

I look forward to reading this thread and playing in my own PBEM game later.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Chaz wrote:It's an indie game done by one guy. Gorgeous graphics aren't really the draw for this one. I do think the portraits for the various legions and relics is very nice.
I see..
Isn't 30$ a bit steep then?
I'd be willing to try it for maybe 15$ seeing it looks rather lackluster in features.
Isgrimnur wrote:
razgon

Post by razgon »

Vorret wrote:
Chaz wrote:It's an indie game done by one guy. Gorgeous graphics aren't really the draw for this one. I do think the portraits for the various legions and relics is very nice.
I see..
I'd be willing to try it for maybe 15$ seeing it looks rather lackluster in features.
Not really, its a great game... 40 bucks for Empire: total war is a bit steep, this isnt...

There's a demo you can try out, but read the manual, or you wont understand a thing
Gone...
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I'll check it out.
Thanks,

I'm done hi-jacking this thread :)
Isgrimnur wrote:
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Vorret wrote:
I see..
Which features is it lackluster in? It's got fairly unique and seemingly deep strategic gameplay. It's easily worth $30 to me. Just because the graphics aren't terribly whiz-bang doesn't mean it's only worth $15.

But this discussion could probably be moved over to the big SI thread rather than in the AAR thread.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I love AAR's. Thanks for putting this one together!

Special notice to tgb - nice use of pictures to explain things. I don't have the game, so pictures are greatly appreciated. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
ZOD

Post by ZOD »

Prince Slbroghast, Beloved of the Damned, put the Tome of Homophonic Discordance back upon the high rostrum and stalked across the throne room. Minions scuttled to avoid his bladed and capriciously deployed stilt-like limbs -- over long eons such servitors had learned to gage their master's many moods and each well knew that today was a day for forbearance and caution. Approaching the massive window arch -- corbelled from the petrified vertebrae of a long dead land leviathan -- the eldritch Prince peered out upon the hot wastes of his domain and assessed his strategic position.

"Shit," he muttered. "Double shit."

Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Publicly, turn two was fairly quiet, but what was bubbling under the surface? :ninja:
Chazz has seized The Great Wheel of Pain as his own, earning him +1 prestige each turn. Butterknife correctly predicted that the Iron Maidens would sell well, and they went to the highest bidder High Sheriff of Hell. And a manuscript for Obsidian Skin was also bought from the Bazaar. On the map, Slbroghast has moved his legion South along the river separating us towards the bridge, possibly to take The Wall of Envy right out from under me... or is he on his way to The Temple of Lust?

And for the cheaters and those playing along at home:
Spoiler:
First off, let me introduce you to myself. I give you the Demon Princess Drenichra!

I have a high charisma, and a high intellect. The charisma allows me to demand better tribute cards (resources) from my minions. As it stands now, Charisma is the most important attribute. Attributes can be raised by spending resources on them, and with a high charisma I can generate more. I also have a high intellect, this will allow me to defend myself better from Rituals that steal my resources, legions, praetors, relics and tribute cards. Also, if I am able to get that stat to 4, I'll have an extra action each turn. Unfortunately, I am lacking in darkness. Until I get enough I can't do that.
I also have a disadvantage, Slothful. This reduces the speed of my Legions by 1 movement point, which is huge in this game. I took this though, so I could afford a high rank, which allows me to push around those under me and gives me a better roll at starting army. I also suspect it has something to do with board position, but I haven't verified that yet.

And here is a screenshot of my lands. Not very big, but near the Capitol Pandemonium, and as they say in hell, "location, location, location!".

Butterknife

Post by Butterknife »

The new turn dawns.

As expected, Chaz grabs the Great Wheel of Pain for +1 Prestige per turn.

I demonically chuckle at his predictability. On the other hand, Drenichra does not move at all! What could she be up to?

The scepter passes to me, and I draw an event card. It is demonically useful, or at least I wish it to appear so.

Zod heads south, towards the largest concentration of Places of Power and enemies. His aggressive behavior is not surprising either. tgb passes the ridiculously difficult +3 Place of Power and heads for a close +2. In addition, tgb manages to hire the coveted Iron Maidens from the bazaar -- surely wanted by many. At turn 2 he appears to have the strongest position ... temporarily.

Razgon's first turn is also predictable, as he heads for the nearest Place of Power (+1). Everyone is playing right into my hands ... except Drenichra! Why didn't she move? Her unpredictable nature tortures me ... I like it.

tgb

Post by tgb »

Butterknife, you might want to start using spoiler tags. :twisted:

As already pointed out, I outbid everyone for the Iron Maidens (Iron Maiden???? EXCELLENT!!!), and Chazzteroth has taken the (temporary) lead by grabbing the Great Wheel of Pain.
Spoiler:
I neglected to mention that in the first turn I drew the Test of Loyalty card that demands a Praetor, Relic, or Artifact from each player, or costs Prestige if you don't pony up. There is really no advantage to playing it at this point, so I'll wait and see what Event I draw next.

Neither the Disciples or the Iron Maidens (Iron Maiden???? EXCELLENT!!!!) is strong enough to take the PoP's near me, so I'll have to use the Disciples as a support Legion. That will give the Iron Maidens (Iron Maiden???? EXCELLENT!!!) stats of 6/6/4. The down side is that I won't be generating Tribute for a while, since I will be using my two Orders to move both Legions in tandem.

So here's the plan as of Turn 2:

1) Take the Temple of Lust and Pit of Tarturus ASAP. Combined they will generate 5 Prestige/turn, plus a 30 Prestige bonus at the end because of my Public Objective of Lust.

2) Increase CHAR by a point.

3) Increase Cunning by a point. Once I get Cunning up to Lev. 4, I'll be able to harass whoever I like with the Raid the Vaults ritual.

4) Keep my head down and avoid Vendettas if I can.

5) Get the best Praetor I can and keep it in the Vault for Single Combat when necessary.

6) Fly under the radar quietly generating 5 or more Prestige/turn.

7) PROFIT!

All of this is, of course, subject to change depending on circumstances.
ZOD

Post by ZOD »

Nice job guys.

Now, what are the chances we can squeeze an extra turn in tonight?

I'll say freely all I've done thus far is move toward the Wall of Envy (we'll see if I can steal it from beneath Drench's inscrutable nose), and demand tribute of my ever-loving vassals.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I indeed do jump out to a temporary lead. Believe me, this is not to last. I do not desire for it to last.
Spoiler:
First off, here's my avatar.

Even though it was the obvious move, I really had no choice but to take the Wheel of Pain. It was far too close, and I wasn't the only one nearby. If I'd passed on it, someone else would have grabbed it. Here's the map after I'd planned my move this turn:

The red guy is my lone legion, the little arrows are my planned move. They have mountainwalk, so I could've gone directly south over the normally impassable mountains, but mountains can't be claimed. Instead, I'm taking the slightly longer route around the mountains, claiming hexes (cantons) as I go. The ultimate goal next turn is that empty hex next to the place of power. I can't take it now, but taking that hex will keep anyone else from taking it until they declare vendetta through the politics system. Since that takes three turns, I'll have some warning.

The other thing you'll notice is the numbers across the top. First is the 15 with the laurel symbol. Those are prestige points, also known as victory points. Taking the place of power gained me some. Next are the four resource types. From the little ghost icon going left, they're souls, ichor, hellfire, and darkness. The numbers are how much of each I have. You'll notice that I've circled the 0. That's hosing me a bit. Everything in the bazaar costs ichor, which I don't got, so I can't even try and buy anything.

This is no good because my starting legion sucks compared to my buddy to the south. While I'm not planning on going on the offensive, I'd like to at least be able to defend. There are some praetors (generals/champions) that I'd like, as well as some manuscripts that I'd like to buy to help boost my legions and myself.

Once I've got that other place of power roped off, I'm going to have to start gathering resources pretty quickly. Hopefully my current prestige lead doesn't draw undue attention too early. I'm not in the best board position, and likely won't survive early aggression.
Butterknife

Post by Butterknife »

tgb wrote:Butterknife, you might want to start using spoiler tags. :twisted:
Now what in the world could I have given away? I was awfully careful with my post ... perhaps it is something I want you to know?
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Turn 3 was quiet. I took the Wall of Envy as expected and seem to have a narrow lead.
Spoiler:
Still didn't get any darkness, upgrade to my Intellect is going to have to wait yet another turn...
Edit: Oh, and I put a bid on Wyrmm mounts. If attached to a Legion they will give a huge bonus to melee damage, but more importantly to me, they allow +1 movement. this will make up for my slothful trait...
Last edited by Archinerd on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Nothing major to report moving into Turn 3. Buttermilk, Assgone, and Drenchinyou have all grabbed places of power. But as anyone with any sense can tell, from my previous post, I shall soon be in command.

My Legions move forward as planned. Everything is in place.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Everyone takes some stuff. But not me. I already took some stuff.
Spoiler:
Very quiet turn 3 on my end. Here's the map situation:

As before, my goal is to lock down that PoP until I can get a praetor for my legion so I can take it. I'd like to have that bridge too so I have a foothold south of the river. Unfortunately, I think that the enemy legion south of me may have designs on it too.

The trick is that everyone plans their movement simultaneously, and then the orders are resolved by order slot # (1-6), and in many cases, by turn order within that. I assigned the move order to slot 1 to get it off first. However, the player who owns that legion is regent, so they go first in turn order. So if he wants to move along the path of that other red arrow, he'll be able to do it first, which sucks. I'll still have a path there, but he's got a better legion, so might just take the tower outright.

Other than that, you'll notice I still have no ichor. I'm gathering resources again, but if I don't start seeing some soon, this will become a problem.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

And since I was the slowpoke getting turn 3 in, turn 4 is already through!
Spoiler:
Remember what I said about turn order? Well, here's the results:

So the enemy legion moved first, blocking my movement, which basically wasted that order. That is a big downer. The strange thing is that he stopped there. I'm not sure why he did that. It's likely he guessed I was going that way and wanted to block me, but going the one hex farther, he would've given himself access to the tower, as well as blocked my access to the bridge. I don't know if he stopped accidentally, or if he's trying to lure me somewhere.

If he's setting up a trap, I'm walking into it, because I really can't afford to give up the PoP and bridge hexes on a bad guess. Other than that, I did get an ichor, but I still need more in order to really do anything, so more resource gathering is in order.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

tgb grabs the Temple of Lust, the goal of his public objective. That will give him an extra 30 prestige if he can hold it until the end. Other than that, not much else happened, territory continues to be divided up, the land grab phase is coming to a close and we will soon be setting our long term plans in motion.

Spoiler:
The Wyrrmm Mounts are mine. I am spending this turn assigning them to my Legion... this is a little risky though, because then the others will know who bought them and may be able to steal them from me using a Ritual. For my second action I am attempting to gather Tribute to get some of that elusive Darkness.

There is one other important thing I am doing as well. I suspect High Sheriff (tgb) may attempt to take Pandemonium in the future. To guard against that, I want to be able to take his Stronghold if he tires. In order to do that, I am going to position my Legion on the other side of the mountains from his stronghold. Normally I you can't move through mountains, but my Legion has a special ability - Mountain Walk. Unfortunately, Chaz is moving a Legion in the same area, and may cut me off before I can get there... I've sent him a message through the Diplomacy screen to try and broker a deal. Let's hope he finds the deal agreeable. I offered a promise not to block him from a Place of Power in return. But there is no Honor among Demons, this may not work.
tgb

Post by tgb »

As expected, I took the Temple of Lust.
Spoiler:
Not only that, but the Iron Maidens (IRON MAIDEN???? EXCELLENT!!!) earned enough experience to level up, and I added 3 more HP.

Here's the situation right now:

That river makes a nice natural border, particularly if I can control the hexes with the bridges. That's Butterball to the SW and Drenchula to the NE. They pose the most immediate threats.

Even with the support of the Disciples, the Maiden's aren't strong enough to take the Pit of Tarturus. Drunkula isn't strong enough either, but he might be stupid enough to try.

So the plan for the next few turns is to let the Maidens sit and heal while I use the Disciples to grab hexes and build a fence around the Pit of Tarturus. They have the Mountainwalk ability, which will make it easier. At the same time I'll be gathering Tribute in the hopes of getting a Praetor or Artifact that can buff my Legions enough to take the Pit.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I think it's funny how Archinerd thinks that I have a long term plan.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Chaz wrote:I think it's funny how Archinerd thinks that I have a long term plan.
I was just saying that so everyone else would think I do. :)
tgb

Post by tgb »

Pretty uneventful turn. Two Praetors and the Talisman of Greed were successfully purchased, but I can't tell by whom......yet.

Meanwhile.......
Spoiler:
I continue to move the Disciples into position to wall off the Pit. Drenchzilla is a bit of a concern since she seems to be headed that way, but I think I can get there first. I also move the Maidens to grab one of the bridge hexes, sealing it off. By next turn, they will be fully healed, and I can go back to collecting Tribute.

I'm very close to having enough to raise my CHA from 1 to 2, so I need to decide if I want to do that now, or save up for a Praetor or Artifact first.

Then again, if one of my foes that nabbed a Praetor attaches it to a Legion this turn, I may be able to see it - and have an opportunity to steal it away.