Recall Thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Recall Thread

Post by Isgrimnur »

First off, Nokia is recalling some chargers. Pics at the link for ID purposes.
Those being recalled are Nokia's chargers with model numbers AC-3E and AC-3U manufactured between June 15, 2009 and August 9, 2009, as well as Model number AC-4U manufactured between April 13, 2009 and October 25, 2009.
And second, if any of our new parents purchased a Maclaren stroller, those have been recalled as well.
Maclaren announced today a sweeping recall of all its strollers sold in the United States due to the risk of finger loss or injury while opening or closing the units. The high-end stroller maker is providing a kit to consumers that will protect children from the product's hinges.

Affected models include Volo, Triumph, Quest Sport, Quest Mod, Techno XT, Techno XLR, Twin Triumph, Twin Techno and Easy Traveller, according to the company.

Consumers with recalled strollers are asked to contact Maclaren here.
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jag

Re: Recall Monday

Post by Jag »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Maclaren announced today a sweeping recall of all its strollers sold in the United States due to the risk of finger loss or injury while opening or closing the units.
Well shit, I could have told you that. I lost track how many times I got my goddam finger or toe stuck in that thing! My kids are beyond stroller age, but that stroller put me through years of hell :D
Jeff V

Re: Recall Monday

Post by Jeff V »

Jag wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Maclaren announced today a sweeping recall of all its strollers sold in the United States due to the risk of finger loss or injury while opening or closing the units.
Well shit, I could have told you that. I lost track how many times I got my goddam finger or toe stuck in that thing! My kids are beyond stroller age, but that stroller put me through years of hell :D
If you just would have learned to count without using your fingers in the first place, then you wouldn't have lost count by losing your fingers. :D
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Re: Recall Thread

Post by Isgrimnur »

Thread re-purposed:

Vicks Sinex nasal spray
Procter & Gamble Co is voluntarily recalling about 120,000 bottles of Vicks Sinex nasal spray after finding the bacteria B. cepacia in a small amount of the product made at its plant in Gross Gerau, Germany, and sold in the United States.
The U.S. recall involves lot 9239028831 of Vicks Sinex Vapospray 12-Hour Decongestant Ultra Fine Mist. In the United Kingdom, lot 9224028832 of Vicks Sinex Micromist Aqueous Nasal Spray Solution is being recalled. In Germany, lot 9224028833 of Wick Sinex Schnupfenspray Dosiersystem is being recalled. The bottles are 15 milliliters in all three markets.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 19, 2009
Salomon USA Recalls Ski Bindings Due to Unexpected Release, Fall Hazard

The toe component of the ski bindings could fail to fully secure the ski boot to the ski binding, causing the binding to release unexpectedly. This could cause the skier to lose control or fall and suffer injuries.

This recall involves the Salomon alpine ski bindings with models LZ 7, LZ 8, LZ 9, LZ 7 SR, LZ 8 SR, LZ 8 SC, and J LZ 9 and the Atomic ski bindings with model Evox 2.8, Evox 2.8+, Evox 2.8++, and FFG 8. “Salomon” or “Atomic” and the respective model number are displayed on the ski bindings. The toe components bear a production date code ending in “8” that can be found on the center plate where the toe of a ski boot contacts the toe component of the bindings.
I've had bindings go out like that (due to bad tension setting, not defect though). Sucks.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Also:
PIRELLI / PZERO CORSA / 285/35 ZR19 (99Y) K1

PIRELLI IS RECALLING CERTAIN PIRELLI PZERO CORSA TIRES, SIZE 285/35 ZR19 (99Y) K1, IP 1778200 (LEFT) AND IP 1778300 (RIGHT) MANUFACTURED BETWEEN JUNE 2007 AND JULY 2009. PARTIAL TREAD SEPARATION / BELT EDGE SEPARATION CAN OCCUR AT CONSTANT MAXIMUM HIGH SPEEDS (AT AND OVER 270 KMH OR 168 MPH FOR A PROLONGED PERIOD OF TIME).
:shock: Um, sustained 168 MPH?
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

LawBeefaroni wrote:Also:
PIRELLI / PZERO CORSA / 285/35 ZR19 (99Y) K1

PIRELLI IS RECALLING CERTAIN PIRELLI PZERO CORSA TIRES, SIZE 285/35 ZR19 (99Y) K1, IP 1778200 (LEFT) AND IP 1778300 (RIGHT) MANUFACTURED BETWEEN JUNE 2007 AND JULY 2009. PARTIAL TREAD SEPARATION / BELT EDGE SEPARATION CAN OCCUR AT CONSTANT MAXIMUM HIGH SPEEDS (AT AND OVER 270 KMH OR 168 MPH FOR A PROLONGED PERIOD OF TIME).
:shock: Um, sustained 168 MPH?
But for a PROLONGED PERIOD OF TIME. I assume that means it's still safe to cruise at this speed for mundane grocery store runs and dropping the kids off at school.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Stork Craft drop-side cribs
CPSC said the recall involves 1.2 million cribs in the United States and almost 1 million in Canada, where Stork Craft is based. Sales of the cribs being recalled date back to 1993 and nearly 150,000 of the cribs carry the Fisher-Price logo.
paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

Isgrimnur wrote:Stork Craft drop-side cribs
CPSC said the recall involves 1.2 million cribs in the United States and almost 1 million in Canada, where Stork Craft is based. Sales of the cribs being recalled date back to 1993 and nearly 150,000 of the cribs carry the Fisher-Price logo.
Never trust anything made by a stork.
No sig, must scream, etc.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

US News
About 1.2 million Graco Harmony high chairs are being recalled because they pose a fall hazard, says the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

The agency said screws holding the front legs of the chair can loosen and fall out, and cracking plastic brackets can cause the chair to tip over without warning, the Associated Press reported.

There have been 464 reports of high chair tip-overs resulting in 24 reported injuries to children, including bumps and bruises to the head, a hairline fracture to the arm, and cuts, bumps and bruises to the body, the CPSC said.

Consumers should stop using the chairs and obtain a free repair kit by contacting Graco Children's Products of Atlanta toll-free at (877) 842-3206.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I just learned that there is a recent recall on the 2007-2008 Honda Odyssey with regard to mushy brakes due to air getting in the line.

link
2007 HONDA ODYSSEY RECALL - #10V098000 wrote:HONDA HAS NOTIFIED NHTSA OF A DEFECT IN CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2007 AND 2008 ODYSSEY AND ELEMENT PASSENGER VEHICLES MANUFACTURED BETWEEN JULY 28, 2006 AND AUGUST 21, 2008. AIR CAN ENTER THE VSA MODULAR PUMP DURING AN INITIAL SELF-CHECK PROCESS THAT OCCURS SHORTLY AFTER EACH TIME THE ENGINE IS STARTED. IT IS POSSIBLE FOR ENOUGH AIR TO ENTER THE SYSTEM TO RESULT IN A BRAKE PEDAL THAT FEELS SOFT OR LOWER TO THE FLOOR.
Link has a little more info.
pengo

Post by pengo »

wow do these companies not do QA :P
magic

Post by magic »

We got our latest Toyota recall notice at work a couple of days ago. They're recalling a grand total of TWO Tundra Pickups for a faulty weld in the 4x4 system.

They also launched a TSB that covers 30 total cars in the country.

Fun times.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

pengo wrote:wow do these companies not do QA :P
Of course they do. But for all the testing you do, there will always be something you miss. There is just no way to test for every condition, and there is no substitute for actually aging the parts...then there is the possibility that the supplier of a part will have a quality issue and make a bad batch that ages prematurely. Most of the time, it's some non-critical part (like a glovebox latch), or no one gets sick (and can trace it back to that product).

You've obiously never worked in a production environment - nothing can ever be perfect.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

~ 1 millions baby carriers recalled:

Popular baby-carrier recalled in North America
(AFP) – 1 hour ago

WASHINGTON — A California company has recalled more than one million infant "slings" sold in the United States and Canada, amid fears that the baby-carriers could pose a suffocation risk.

Jack Vresics, president of the San Diego-based Infantino company said in a statement that it was working with the US product regulator, the Consumer Product Safety Commission, in carrying out the recall.

"As an industry leader, Infantino has ... been working closely with CPSC and other agencies, as well as the international agency ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) to develop safety standards for baby slings to ensure that these products are safe and that they are used appropriately," the statement said.

MYT
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Totally
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
stessier

Post by stessier »

LawBeefaroni wrote:~ 1 millions baby carriers recalled:

Meh, I'm sure once the pictures are analyzed it won't be any higher than 200k...250k at the absolute most.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

dbt1949 wrote:Totally
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Crabbs

Post by Crabbs »

Infantino Recalls to Replace SlingRider Baby Slings; Three Infant Deaths Reported
Enlarge Image

We used one of these with Olivia. Never had a problem, but I could see how it would be if not used judiciously.
'The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.'
- Bertrand Russell -

Wii # 2042 8377 5645 6582

The Rainbow's Reward

Olivia's Big Adventure
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LawBeefaroni beat you by about four posts.
Crabbs

Post by Crabbs »

Isgrimnur wrote:LawBeefaroni beat you by about four posts.
DOH... But I supplied a picture 8-)
'The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.'
- Bertrand Russell -

Wii # 2042 8377 5645 6582

The Rainbow's Reward

Olivia's Big Adventure
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

12 million Shrek glasses from McDonalds
McDonald's Corp has recalled 12 million "Shrek"-themed drinking glasses after a federal agency warned consumers to stop using them because they contain the toxic metal cadmium.

Cadmium was found in the painted design of the movie characters on the glassware, which McDonald's outlets in the United States sold for about $2 each, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. The glasses also were recalled in Canada, but figures were not immediately available.

"A very small amount of cadmium can come to the surface of the glass, and in order to be as protective as possible of children, CPSC and McDonald's worked together on this recall," CPSC spokesman Scott Wolfson said in an email.

The CPSC said designs on the glasses, made by ARC International in Millville, New Jersey, contain cadmium and "long-term exposure ... can cause adverse health effects." Cadmium is a known carcinogen that research shows also can cause bone softening and severe kidney problems.

The agency said no incidents or injuries related to the glasses have been reported, but McDonald's said it was recalling them as a "precautionary measure."
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Next up: Nearly 600,000 Chryslers
As many as 284,831 Chrysler Town and Country minivans and Dodge Grand Caravan minivans for model years 2008 and 2009 could develop a problem in the electrical system that could cause a short circuit in the latch for the sliding door, which could cause a fire, Chrysler told regulators.

As many as 288,968 Chrysler Jeep Wranglers from model year 2007 to 2010 could experience leaking brake fluid which could cause brake failure.

These two recalls are in addition to one first reported last Friday for as many as 25,336 Dodge Caliber and Jeep Compass vehicles for the 2007 model year involving possible sticky accelerator pedals.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Not to be outdone, GM recalls 1.5 million vehicles. Even better, they're not even going to fix it.
General Motors on Tuesday said that it was recalling 1.5 million cars and trucks from the 2006 to 2009 model years because their heated washer-fluid system could short circuit and cause a fire.

G.M. said that it was telling dealers to permanently disable the heated washer-fluid system, and that each affected owner would receive $100 to compensate for the loss of the feature.

About two-thirds of the vehicles were recalled two years ago for the same problem, but G.M. says it has received reports of overheating in modules that had new wiring installed under that recall. G.M. later stopped offering the heated washer-fluid system because the supplier that made it, Microheat, filed for bankruptcy and was liquidated as a result of the 2008 recall.

“This was a unique technology available from only one supplier, and that supplier has stopped manufacturing, which left no opportunity to collaborate on an improved design,” Jeff Boyer, G.M.’s executive director of safety, said in a statement. “We want to be clear that the voluntary payment to customers is for the loss of the feature, not the recall.”
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Heated washer fluid system? Why? The stuff is freeze resistant and the reservoir is usually by the engine. If it's cold enough for washer fluid to freeze you probably don't want it heated and sprayed on your frozen windshield anyway.

I'd be happy to take the $100 and be done with it.

Also, sucked to be Microheat. Ouch.

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya that's just bizarre. I think the stuff I put in my car said it was good up to -20F. If it's any colder then that I'm not going anywhere anyway. :mrgreen:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Uh-oh, Spaghetti-O's!
The Department of Agriculture announced both recalls late Thursday. ConAgra Foods is recalling all Marie Callender's brand cheesy chicken and rice frozen meals after they were possibly linked to a salmonella outbreak in 14 states.

And Campbell Soup Co. is recalling 15 million pounds of SpaghettiOs with meatballs after a cooker malfunctioned at one of the company's plants in Texas.
The company is recalling all of the meals, which are labeled "Marie Callender's Cheesy Chicken and Rice White Meat Chicken and Broccoli over Rice Topped with Rich Cheddar Sauce," regardless of production date. It was distributed to retail outlets nationwide.
He said there are likely about 35,000 cases of SpaghettiOs subject to the recall on the market right now, but USDA announced the recall of 15 million pounds because that is all of the product that has been manufactured since December 2008. Much of it has likely been consumed.

Recalled are certain lots of three varieties of the pasta product often consumed by children: SpaghettiOs with Meatballs, SpaghettiOs A to Z with Meatballs, and SpaghettiOs Fun Shapes with Meatballs (Cars).

The recalled products have "EST 4K," as well as a use-by date between June 2010 and December 2011 printed on the bottom of the can. The products were manufactured between December 2008 and June 2010 and distributed to retail establishments nationwide.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

GreenGoo wrote:I just learned that there is a recent recall on the 2007-2008 Honda Odyssey with regard to mushy brakes due to air getting in the line.

link
2007 HONDA ODYSSEY RECALL - #10V098000 wrote:HONDA HAS NOTIFIED NHTSA OF A DEFECT IN CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2007 AND 2008 ODYSSEY AND ELEMENT PASSENGER VEHICLES MANUFACTURED BETWEEN JULY 28, 2006 AND AUGUST 21, 2008. AIR CAN ENTER THE VSA MODULAR PUMP DURING AN INITIAL SELF-CHECK PROCESS THAT OCCURS SHORTLY AFTER EACH TIME THE ENGINE IS STARTED. IT IS POSSIBLE FOR ENOUGH AIR TO ENTER THE SYSTEM TO RESULT IN A BRAKE PEDAL THAT FEELS SOFT OR LOWER TO THE FLOOR.
Link has a little more info.
Got the notice earlier in the week.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Kelloggs: 28 million boxes of cereal
Kellogg Co. is recalling about 28 million boxes of cereal, saying some consumers could experience such temporary symptoms as nausea and diarrhea because of the liner in the packaging.

The cereal maker, working with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, said the voluntary recall covers certain boxes of its Apple Jacks, Corn Pops, Froot Loops and Honey Smacks cereals distributed nationwide. The products' better-if-used-before dates range from March 26, 2011, to June 22, 2011.

Kellogg said the potential for serious health problems "is low" but some consumers are sensitive to the "uncharacteristic off-flavor and smell" coming from the linings.
Kellogg said those with questions about the recall can call the company at 888-801-4163.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I keep forgetting what this thread is about. :?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

dbt1949 wrote:I keep forgetting what this thread is about. :?
That's because you ... nevermind, I can't do it.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Toyota Matrix, Corolla
Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. said Thursday that it would recall 1.13 million 2005 to 2008 model year Toyota Corolla and Corolla Matrix vehicles sold in North America to address a problem with an electronic component called an engine control module that may have been improperly manufactured.
This latest action brings the number of vehicles Toyota has recalled in the last year to about 10 million worldwide, a figure that is now approaching the total number of vehicles that will be sold by all manufacturers in America this year.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote:This latest action brings the number of vehicles Toyota has recalled in the last year to about 10 million worldwide, a figure that is now approaching the total number of vehicles that will be sold by all manufacturers in America this year.
Wow, only 10 million cars this year? That's amazing. I seem to remember GM and Chrysler trying to predict their return to solvency and claiming if the figure ever dropped below 11 million, the End Days would be upon us.

I guess it's good for the nation's overall debt level though.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
magic

Post by magic »

Isgrimnur wrote:Toyota Matrix, Corolla
Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. said Thursday that it would recall 1.13 million 2005 to 2008 model year Toyota Corolla and Corolla Matrix vehicles sold in North America to address a problem with an electronic component called an engine control module that may have been improperly manufactured.
This latest action brings the number of vehicles Toyota has recalled in the last year to about 10 million worldwide, a figure that is now approaching the total number of vehicles that will be sold by all manufacturers in America this year.
plus 200,163 Pontiac Vibe's, which is just a rebadged Matrix (almost).
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ford Winstar
Ford Motor Co is recalling about 575,000 Windstar vans in 21 cold-weather U.S. states and Canada from model years 1998 to 2003 because of the possibility that the rear axle may fracture due to corrosion, federal regulators reported on Friday.
NHTSA said the design of the axle appears to allow it to collect road salt slush, leading to rust.

The recalls total about 463,000 in the United States, and the remaining in Canada, a Ford spokesman said.
If the axle shows a crack, owners will be offered a repair or alternative transportation until parts are available, Ford told NHTSA. If there is no cracking, owners will be informed when to return to have reinforcing brackets placed on the axle, Ford told NHTSA.

The recall affects vans in Canada and Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And hip replacements
More than two years after the Food and Drug Administration began receiving complaints about the failure of a hip replacement implant made by the DePuy Orthopaedics unit of Johnson & Johnson, the company said Thursday that it was recalling two kinds of hip implants.
In the latest Johnson & Johnson case, DePuy said in a statement that it was recalling two products: the ASR XL Acetabular System, a hip socket used in traditional hip replacement, and the ASR Hip Resurfacing System, a partial hip replacement that involves placing a metal cap on the ball of the femur, a method intended to preserve more bone.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

This one is weird:
Asurion Recalls Counterfeit BlackBerry®-branded Batteries Due to Burn and Fire Hazards

Name of Product: Counterfeit BlackBerry®-branded cell phone batteries in refurbished devices

Units: About 470,000

Incidents/Injuries: Asurion has received two reports of counterfeit BlackBerry®-branded batteries overheating, causing minor burns to a consumer's finger and minor property damage to a sofa and car seat.

Description: This recall involves only BlackBerry®-branded batteries provided with refurbished Blackberry®-branded devices. The refurbished devices were sent to consumers by Asurion through a handset protection program. The batteries were used across virtually all models of refurbished BlackBerry devices distributed by Asurion prior to November 1, 2009. Genuine Blackberry-branded batteries are not included in this recall. No other Asurion or BlackBerry products are involved in this recall.

Distributed through: Asurion as part of their handset protection claim program nationwide from March 2004 through October 2009.
Are they admitting to knowingly procuring counerfeit batteries or taking responsibility for inadvertantly using them?

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I would imagine that they processed knock-off batteries that were returned to them by customers through with the associated devices and were not devoting any time or energy to ensuring that the batteries were anything more than operational, not checking to see if they were OEM rather than after market additions.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Better take in that Bentley:
Bentley hood ornaments may injure pedestrians in a crash by failing to retract, leading the luxury carmaker to recall 596 vehicles in the U.S.

The metal emblem known as the “flying B” may not fold down in a collision as intended because a mechanism may become corroded, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which posted the recall on its website.
Safety regulations led manufacturers to make the decorations retractable so they wouldn’t impale or jab pedestrians in a collision, Oldham said.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Oh, woe is me! The hood ornament on my Bentley is rusting and I keep running into peds.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra