Mold Maker wrote:Anyone else getting major lag? I've tried logging in a couple times today and have been jumping back in time 2+ minutes frequently, and am unable to pick up mined stone and dropped tools. I've waited 5+ minutes surrounded by loose mined stone and it just disappears.
Server-side inventory is coming next week, including shared chests and so, and this is also when I will fix some of the bugs in SMP, like the ladder thing and the looking through walls bug.
Sepiche wrote:Woot!Server-side inventory is coming next week, including shared chests and so, and this is also when I will fix some of the bugs in SMP, like the ladder thing and the looking through walls bug.
* The server can now be started in either online/secure mode or offline/insecure mode. A secure server requires all connecting players to first authenticate on http://www.minecraft.net, then checks that the authentication matches, before letting the player in. A server running in offline mode won’t do any such checks, nor will it ask the client to authenticate, but you can’t be sure that people who connect really are who they claim they are. Offline mode is meant for LAN plan where you know the people connecting to the server.
* Added ban/pardon commands to ban and unban a player from the game
* Added ban-ip/pardon-ip commands to ban and unban a specific ip (you have to kick the player manually)
* Added op/deop commands to add/remove a player from the op list
* Added player ops. They can send server commands by typing a slash followed by a server command. Server ops can also build/destroy blocks near the spawn area.
* Made the server save terrain more frequently
Notch wrote:+ Added server-side inventory
+ Made the server save player locations when they leave the server
+ Made chests work in SMP
+ Made signs work in SMP
+ Made furnaces work in SMP
+ Added monsters=false to server.properties. You can turn it on for experimental monsters, but you can’t hurt them directly yet. (Fire works, though!)
But this is NOT SECURE YET! I decided to just focus on making it functional first so I actually got it out.
I’ll work on inventory security and server-side health management next week. Server-side health means you’ll be able to fight monsters and perhaps even other players.
Baroquen wrote:Some crazy things already built. And a spawn point on top of trees was a new one on me too.
Does this mean I should just use the /iron command to get iron? Or is there a workaround for extracting materials from ore?- Furnaces wont smelt items and they will also consume the items which are put in
AWS260 wrote:Can I use items that other people have created, like workbenches?
AWS260 wrote:Does the world continuously generate itself as you explore the boundaries, or does it have a set size and borders?
Does this mean I should just use the /iron command to get iron? Or is there a workaround for extracting materials from ore?
Semaj wrote:grumble, I might have to buy the damn game, I hate you all
AWS260 wrote:I did have some connection problems, though. Periodically I would have to disconnect and re-connect. Is that common, or could it be a problem on my end?
Sepiche wrote:AWS260 wrote:I did have some connection problems, though. Periodically I would have to disconnect and re-connect. Is that common, or could it be a problem on my end?
I've been noticing a bit more of that since the last update. Probably a few bugs relating to server side inventory (which was just added last week).